Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,679,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is the first time I've seen Democrats suggest this but perhaps it's because these two don't have to worry about running for office.
I think you hit the nail on the head with that comment! It's another wonderful illustration of the old expression, talk is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,464,302 times
Dem pollsters say Obama shouldnt run in 2012

Guess at this point they are probably right as He can expect no help from Republicans and his own base abandoned him at the midterms, Even though he may lose i doubt he'll pull out of the 2012 elections,he's not a quitter , So let the Republicans institute their great plans to save a sinking ship.
To my way of thinking Obama did the best he could with what little support he had..
in case you are wondering ==
http://simplifythepositive.blogspot....nt-barack.html

Would have posted a similar "100 accomplishments" the Republicans gave us in the same time period but a Google search is coming up blank.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doug Schoen and Pat Caddell (Democrat pollsters) in the Wahington Post:

"We believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012...The best way for him to address both our national challenges and the serious threats to his credibility and stature is to make clear that, for the next two years, he will focus exclusively on the problems we face as Americans, rather than the politics of the moment - or of the 2012 campaign."

Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

Caddell has worked for George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Joe Biden and Jerry Brown.

Schoen has done work for Ed Koch, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

This is the first time I've seen Democrats suggest this but perhaps it's because these two don't have to worry about running for office. They currently contribute to Fox New. I doubt if any Democrat politician or current Democrat pollster would suggest this. Have you heard any other establishment Democrat suggest Obama not run for re-election?

Axelrod said he's soon leaving the White House to run Obama's 2012 campaign.
I've heard the opposite of course, that Obama/Hillary powerhouse team will run in 2012
Woodward: Obama-Hillary in 2012 Is 'On the Table'

Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Gee, whatever gave you that idea?

Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) said, "If we're able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."

McConnell stood by his recent comments that the "single most important thing" for the GOP to achieve in the new Congress is to make sure Obama doesn't get a second term.
Meaning Gridlock. Enjoy getting apsolutely Nothing done over the next two years, just waht this nation needs according to some, we will see who the voters blame for that in 2012.
Casper

Old 11-15-2010, 09:20 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,573,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I've heard the opposite of course, that Obama/Hillary powerhouse team will run in 2012
Woodward: Obama-Hillary in 2012 Is 'On the Table'

If that happened, it would more likley be a Clinton/Obama ticket as Hillary's not taking a backseat to Obama.

But, that's not going to happen. What WILL happen (I think) is that Hillary will run against him again, promising the change he couldn't deliver.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,573,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Elvis Presley was a boarder. SEAL HIM NOW.

/the more you know.

Elvis Presley's Homes in Memphis

That reminds me of a trucking company out of the Texas Rio Grande Valley which you may have seen on the highways...Boarder to Boarder Trucking!

http://www.btbtrucking.com/

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,183,530 times
[quote=jambo101;16659106]Dem pollsters say Obama shouldnt run in 2012

Guess at this point they are probably right as He can expect no help from Republicans and his own base abandoned him at the midterms, Even though he may lose i doubt he'll pull out of the 2012 elections,he's not a quitter , So let the Republicans institute their great plans to save a sinking ship.
To my way of thinking Obama did the best he could with what little support he had..
Brown Man Thinking Hard: 100 Accomplishments of President Barack Obama

Would have posted a similar "100 accomplishments" the Republicans gave us in the same time period but a Google search is coming up blank.[/QUOTE]

Difficult to miss the sarcasm, although you would never get a right winger to admit that Obama has been demonized and never gets his due respect for what he has been able to do with a "just say no" Congress.

My only gripe with him is his allowing Republican thugs to retain their arrogant and despicable actions towards him while they never once gave a damn about representing and governing.

After Bush, we needed a fierce guy to fend off the onslaught of Congressional corruption and self-service. As much as I disappove of his even temperament in dealing with these a-holes, I have to also give Obama credit for his patience, which would serve better if it were not presiding over a nation that has so many dumbed down and backwards citizens.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:36 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,021,121 times
[quote=sickofnyc;16659547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dem pollsters say Obama shouldnt run in 2012

Brown Man Thinking Hard: 100 Accomplishments of President Barack Obama

Would have posted a similar "100 accomplishments" the Republicans gave us in the same time period but a Google search is coming up blank.[/QUOTE]

Difficult to miss the sarcasm, although you would never get a right winger to admit that Obama has been demonized and never gets his due respect for what he has been able to do with a "just say no" Congress.

My only gripe with him is his allowing Republican thugs to retain their arrogant and despicable actions towards him while they never once gave a damn about representing and governing.

After Bush, we needed a fierce guy to fend off the onslaught of Congressional corruption and self-service. As much as I disappove of his even temperament in dealing with these a-holes, I have to also give Obama credit for his patience, which would serve better if it were not presiding over a nation that has so many dumbed down and backwards citizens.
And who exactly are the 'dumbed down and backwards citizens'? Might they be those that elected a junior Senator, with virtually NO administrative or executive experience, to lead the worlds most powerful nation? Could it be those that were so taken in by flowery rhetoric and catchy slogans that it didn't occur to them that their candidate had never shown the ability to navigate though real opposition? Because, heading up a campaign organization comprised of like minded individuals is a hell of a lot different than inheriting a diverse governing group...roughly half of which hold diametrically opposed ideals.

And now you're surprised that he's been so poor at leading?? Dumbed down and backwards indeed.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,183,530 times
[quote=MainelyJersey;16659717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

And who exactly are the 'dumbed down and backwards citizens'? Might they be those that elected a junior Senator, with virtually NO administrative or executive experience, to lead the worlds most powerful nation? Could it be those that were so taken in by flowery rhetoric and catchy slogans that it didn't occur to them that their candidate had never shown the ability to navigate though real opposition? Because, heading up a campaign organization comprised of like minded individuals is a hell of a lot different than inheriting a diverse governing group...roughly half of which hold diametrically opposed ideals.

And now you're surprised that he's been so poor at leading?? Dumbed down and backwards indeed.

I actually supported Kucinich during the primaries, but when Obama became the candidate, it was a no brainer as to who to support when the other alternative was a war mongerer who stated that the economy was in good shape just two weeks prior to the meltdown and his really idiotic running mate served up by the Neocons.

Who did you support?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,626,391 times
Lightbulb Two Dem Pollsters Say Obama Shouldn't Run In 2012

My take...

The 2012 race will be mostly about the economy IF things don't improve appreciably over the next two years.

On the other hand, the campaign could revolve around a completely different issue that isn't even on most people's radar at present.

If the economy is still stagnant, Obama might be in trouble. Depends a lot on how the GOP congress performs over the next two years. If the GOP makes some wise plays and their policies result in the recovery gaining steam, Obama might get credit, which the GOP would hate to see. If the GOP continues to block efforts to recover and economy deflates, Obama might get the blame, but a whole lot of newly elected GOP congressmen could be right back in their home districts looking for work, too.

Let's say the economy is better in two years and the quagmire in Afghanistan has stabilized. What will the big issue be?

The next two years could be interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies