Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

Doug Schoen and Pat Caddell (Democrat pollsters) in the Wahington Post:

"We believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012...The best way for him to address both our national challenges and the serious threats to his credibility and stature is to make clear that, for the next two years, he will focus exclusively on the problems we face as Americans, rather than the politics of the moment - or of the 2012 campaign."

Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

Caddell has worked for George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Joe Biden and Jerry Brown.

Schoen has done work for Ed Koch, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

This is the first time I've seen Democrats suggest this but perhaps it's because these two don't have to worry about running for office. They currently contribute to Fox New. I doubt if any Democrat politician or current Democrat pollster would suggest this. Have you heard any other establishment Democrat suggest Obama not run for re-election?

Axelrod said he's soon leaving the White House to run Obama's 2012 campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times
The few state-wide Democrats still surviving in Oklahoma are praying he doesn't run in 2012.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
These two also warned obama and the dems what would happen if they pushed obamacare down our throats. If I were a dem, I might want to listen to them.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
I hope he does exactly what they recommend...take himself out of consideration for 2012.

Why?

Because with him gone, the GOP will have nothing. No target. No enemy to point their rabid supporters at. No agenda. By doing that, he would take away their ammunition and force them to reveal their bankrupt ideas, force them to actually govern.

He would be doing his nation and his party a great service to leave the GOP standing there with empty hands.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:27 AM

Like sealing the boarders, promoting school vouchers, switching from a paygo to a funded/private social security system, and repealing Obama care? Fair enough, I'll take that agenda and you can have Obama back.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Like sealing the boarders, promoting school vouchers, switching from a paygo to a funded/private social security system, and repealing Obama care? Fair enough, I'll take that agenda and you can have Obama back.

Except for repealing "Obama care" they've been promising that since Ronald Reagan, but never delivered.

What makes you think they will this time?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Except for repealing "Obama care" they've been promising that since Ronald Reagan, but never delivered.

What makes you think they will this time?
Unless they get a majority in each house too, the won't be able to.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doug Schoen and Pat Caddell (Democrat pollsters) in the Wahington Post:

"We believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012...The best way for him to address both our national challenges and the serious threats to his credibility and stature is to make clear that, for the next two years, he will focus exclusively on the problems we face as Americans, rather than the politics of the moment - or of the 2012 campaign."

Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

Caddell has worked for George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Joe Biden and Jerry Brown.

Schoen has done work for Ed Koch, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

This is the first time I've seen Democrats suggest this but perhaps it's because these two don't have to worry about running for office. They currently contribute to Fox New. I doubt if any Democrat politician or current Democrat pollster would suggest this. Have you heard any other establishment Democrat suggest Obama not run for re-election?

Axelrod said he's soon leaving the White House to run Obama's 2012 campaign.
So? Thanks for posting their past failures, you did know they were failures and not wins, didn't you. I am sure the GOP does not want Obama to run again, sorry to burst your bubble but it looks like is going to do just that. As for concentrating on the work to be done, I am sure he will. just I am sure the OP House will everything in their power to stop anything he wants to do then proudly proclaim that the President could get nothing done so the voters should pick another Repub for the WH. Bad news is a lot can change in two years and if the economy starts showing more improvement and the GOP over estimates their current mandate then the odds are in Obama and the Dems favor. I find it interesting that anyone from the right would say the Dems should stop running for office while the whole time talkig about the next election, Hypocritical thinking at it finest.
Casper

Old 11-15-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Unless they get a majority in each house too, the won't be able to.
They had clear majorities in both Houses and the White House for 6 years and STILL didn't do it.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,624 times
So, republicans want sick poor kids to die slowly without HC. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies