Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,362,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Well with fascism/corporatism Government and Corporations walk hand in hand. BP suppling our military most of our petro needs I can see why Obama has turned a blind eye to the destruction of the Gulf. But that is a whole thread on it's own.
Oh, I get it. So Obama wanted all the damage to happen in the Gulf coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,532,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Here, gravity was at work:

And here:

And here:
And here:

And here:

And here:

Apparently, gravity doesn't always cooperate. Imagine that!

This is the reason that you pay lots of money to demolitions experts who know how to destroy buildings in a "controlled" manner. Gravity just isn't enough.

you prove our point

even when you have STRIPED GUTTED BUILDINGS, wired, cut, EMPTY, under the BEST CONDITIONS demos can go wrong

therefore PROVING that it was IMPOSSIBLE to wire and GUT and PLANT EXPLOSIVE in an OCCUPIED 24/7/365 building(s) and even come close to hoping it would work

Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
Falling for what? It was admitted that the commission was set up to fail. The top members of this committee came out and said so.
Falling for video deliberately edited to be disleading (that's why I went to the trouble of calling it "breitbarted".) Both Kean and Hamilton have said - in their books and in interviews - that the commission started out under poor working conditions, that they felt like they had to work hard to ameliorate that, and what steps they took (insisting on a unanimously backed report, for instance). They invariably follow up explaining why they have confidence in their work, and the Truthers, every bit as invariably, leave that bit out.

Quote:
No need to quote-mine. I have it in black and white and color for you people to absorb whole.
Those videos are the very definition of quote-mining. The last speaker is practically cut off mid-sentence.

Quote:
Do you really think there was no reason for frustration?
I am certain there was reason for frustration. Everybody who talked to the commission must have been desperate to avoid being designated as responsible. So? The pertinent bit is that Kean and Hamilton, multiple times, have said that the report was hard to get done right, but that they're ultimately confident it's pretty much correct. Your videos quote the "hard to get done right" bit, deliberately leave out the rest.

Quote:
Full context my ass.
Some people like to express themselves in statements that don't fit on a bumper sticker.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,281,621 times
BTW, Niels Harrit = fraud
Richard Gage = Fraud
Stephen Jones = Fraud

Dave Thomas of the New Mexicans for Science and Reasoning took Gage to task when they appeared on Coast to Coast AM - that even the HOST IAN Punnitt, was asking GAGE to answer the QUESTIONS put to him, and Gage only danced around every issue brought up in his fraud of a study.

NMSR 9-11 'Truth' Resources

Even when Jess Ventura heavily edited his interviewed Van Romero with the help of Dave Thomas, about Thermite on Steel, that Dave had to put out the REST of the video, that shows that Jesse Ventura's show, gave the WRONG freaking conclusion about the test he performed

NMSKEPTIC: THE VIDEO JESSE VENTURA DOESN'T WANT THE WORLD TO SEE!

Thermite doesn't do what truthers claim it does. Even watching this test, the STEEL was unaffected.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,055,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oh, I get it. So Obama wanted all the damage to happen in the Gulf coast.
My oh my let me spoon feed you a a bit......... Accidents happen, it's what the Government did after. Allowed BP to control media access. Allowed dispersants to be used even though they might be more harmful than the oil. Told the public that the oil disappeared when they knew damn well the dispersants made the oil sink to the bottom........... I could go on and on but never mind my friend carry on

Last edited by TruthBTold2U; 12-01-2010 at 09:25 AM..

Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and if you were president...just how many fighters and pilots would you have on stand by to protect just HOW MANY 'important' sites?????

btw since the 90's (clinton) most of the fighters are RESERVISTS, not active duty
OMG yeah the largest military in the world and we can not expect them to protect THEIR OWN MILITARY HEADQUARTERS while the Homeland is under attack!!! OMG!!! Yup too much to ask Americans your taxes are used to protect other countries not our own silly rabbit! By the way more deflection with naming Clinton.........

Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,103,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Apparently, gravity doesn't always cooperate. Imagine that!
No. It does not. Your point?

What I see from your post is that controlled demolition of a building in artsy stuff, and cannot possible be accomplished secretly. Each of these buildings took weeks to prepare with intrusive and obvious pre-demolition work done right out in the open.

The absurd Truther theory that the towers or WTC7were brought down by such a controlled demolition requires not only that three very complex and comprehensive demolition systems were emplaced, to include the largest such systems ever attempted by any human being in the history of the planet, but that the tens of thousands of people working in those buildings never noticed the work, and they then all worked perfectly even after impacts by jet planes and hours of fires that would normally have ruined any such careful work.

Do you have the tiniest idea of how painfully idiotic the controlled demolition theory is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
This is the reason that you pay lots of money to demolitions experts who know how to destroy buildings in a "controlled" manner. Gravity just isn't enough.
No. It's not.

PS: Have you figured out yet that thermic lances have nothing to do with thermite?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,532,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
My oh my let me spoon feed you a a bit......... Accidents happen, it's what the Government did after. Allowed BP to control media access. Allowed dispersants to be used even thought they might be more harmful than the oil. Told the public that the oil disappeared when they knew damn well the dispersants made the oil sink to the bottom........... I could go on and on but never mind my friend carry on
oh please go on

Quote:
Allowed BP to control media access.
you mean the hundreads of individual media people,chopters, outlets like msnbc, cnn, fox,etc were CONTROLLED by bp.....do you really think that???

Quote:
Told the public that the oil disappeared when they knew damn well the dispersants made the oil sink to the bottom...
yep a tough choice..allow oil to stay and DEFFENANTLY be hamfull, or use dispersants that will get rid of the only, but MIGHT be harmful........leaders lead...followers armchair coach

so please go on.. yes our government makes some bad choices sometimes...but its not some massive conspiracy

Old 12-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
which lie would that be

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1999

--------------------------

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."

Addressing the US House of Representatives
October 10, 2002
Congressional Record, p. H7777

--------------------------------

"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons. There's no question about that."

During an interview on "Meet The Press"
November 17, 2002

Where are the WMDs? Were they found? OMG you wing nuts do exactly what your handlers want you to do, deflect. Like I posted BOTH SIDES LIED get over it.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
oh please go on

you mean the hundreads of individual media people,chopters, outlets like msnbc, cnn, fox,etc were CONTROLLED by bp.....do you really think that???

yep a tough choice..allow oil to stay and DEFFENANTLY be hamfull, or use dispersants that will get rid of the only, but MIGHT be harmful........leaders lead...followers armchair coach

so please go on.. yes our government makes some bad choices sometimes...but its not some massive conspiracy

OMG go do search and learn about what happened down south. No need to hijack this thread any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies