Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 09:07 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Because America has a long history of mistreating blacks in the "justice" system.

If I were black, I would see things the same way they do.

You reap what you sow.
I think I understand.

Black people support murderers and thugs because other blacks have been mistreated in the criminal justice system.

Talk about a skewed perception of reality....

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-24-2010 at 10:33 AM..

Old 11-24-2010, 09:10 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
There are too many people who want Vick's punishment to be never-ending.

He committed a crime and he got punished for that crime. He has served his sentence and is getting on with his life. What is wrong with that?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He didn't play the first year because he'd just spent 2 years in prison, dude! A QB has to know the offense, which he OBVIOUSLY didn't know. It's pretty clear that you don't know much about football.

The stadiums are full NOW, and that's all that matters. He's a millionaire again, and you're still bitter that he isn't failing. Again, get over it.
Teams change Qb all the time and they start. Kinda like Moss changing teams and yet he starts. lol Kinda like Colt McCoy that is a rookie for the Browns started. That is what training camps are for. So maybe its you that doesnt know much about Football. Since you think a rookie can start but a former Qb that was once considered one of the best cant learn the offense in training camp to start A rookie can but Vick cant you keep telling yourself that he sit his 1st year because he didnt know the offense. Heck Tim Tebow another rookie Qb plays in his 1st year also. Players change teams all the time and start lol

Take that excuse some place else

I dont care that much about Vick. To care if he fails or earns a million or falls off a cliff. I dont think he is worth caring about because any person that would make the choice to use their hands to drown a dog is not worth me caring about. So you can give that stuff a rest as if he really matters to me. I have to answer for me and thats it.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

He committed a crime and he got punished for that crime. He has served his sentence and is getting on with his life. What is wrong with that?
It's just the way it is, and i've learned to deal with it. I actually don't even believe that people are actually as outraged as they say they are. In fact, i don't even believe that most of his City Data critics even care about what he did. They didn't lose sleep over the killlings of those dogs.

The outrage is feigned, and mostly because he's back in the NFL and making millions again. THAT is his crime! Nevermind that he did no less time than someone else for the same crime. He's successful NOW, so he deserves more time in prison instead of being on the Eagles. If he walked out of jail and became a bricklayer, they wouldn't give a damn.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

Nothing but that doesnt mean that people have to be supportive of him either nor does it mean people have to forget what he did.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Michael Vick is certainly not the only convicted felon who plays in the NFL.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is not only understanding of those who engage in the torture and killing of man’s best friend, but also of those who torture and kill man himself.

Dog killer Michael Vick will join other felons in the NFL - Norfolk Crime | Examiner.com

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-24-2010 at 09:35 AM..

Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Can you say Donavan McNabb?
Yes the QB that they traded. Lets not sit here and pretend that the Eagles arent willing to give whoever the job they want. Heck Vick wasnt suppose to be the starting Qb this year now was he? Kolb was

So if they felt that Vick was better then McNabb at the time they would have started him.

Some people are willing to sell their soul for a football game. That is their choice I however am not

Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Teams change Qb all the time and they start. Kinda like Moss changing teams and yet he starts. lol Kinda like Colt McCoy that is a rookie for the Browns started. That is what training camps are for. So maybe its you that doesnt know much about Football. Since you think a rookie can start but a former Qb that was once considered one of the best cant learn the offense in training camp to start A rookie can but Vick cant you keep telling yourself that he sit his 1st year because he didnt know the offense. Heck Tim Tebow another rookie Qb plays in his 1st year also. Players change teams all the time and start lol

Take that excuse some place else

I dont care that much about Vick. To care if he fails or earns a million or falls off a cliff. I dont think he is worth caring about because any person that would make the choice to use their hands to drown a dog is not worth me caring about. So you can give that stuff a rest as if he really matters to me. I have to answer for me and thats it.

NFL training camp starts in July...Vick didn't sign his deal until a month into camp. Besides, he'd already missed the mini-camp held in May. He wasn't even eligible to play for the first 3 weeks of the regular season. One more thing...they already had a future HOF QB named Donovan McNabb at the starting QB!

And yea..i do believe that he matters to you. That's cool though. Being a hater isn't illegal in America.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Michael Vick is not the only convicted felon who plays in the NFL.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is not only understanding of those who engage in the torture and killing of man’s best friend, but also of those who torture and kill man himself.

Dog killer Michael Vick will join other felons in the NFL - Norfolk Crime | Examiner.com
And the NFL continues to be the biggest sport in America and has supplanted Baseball as the American Pastime. If anything, the NFL is getting MORE popular than ever!

Old 11-24-2010, 09:26 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Obviously you are quite hurt, seeing that you cannot even comprehend my response as you call it "racist crap". Advice to you: Stop being defensive.

How many Blacks have you spoken to that easily play the race card? How many Blacks you know don't act thug? How many Blacks you know that are middle class? How many Blacks you know don't complain about the white man keeping them down? As for my "generalization and BS theory", you can see it on news all the time. The NAACP plays the race card all the time. You may Google Lovelle Mixon. And you yourself has proven my point. You scream that I am a racist on a basis of what standing? If the AA community is as perfect as you think, you would see a lower incidence rate of gang-related violence, drug dealing, and what from said community. If Black people took responsibility for their own actions, you wouldn't see such high crime rates and what not occurrring from people of that community. Yet reports are always coming in. BS theory? I think not.

Again, stop being butthurt just because of a little criticism, especially when you are not even providing facts or substance to back up your point. It makes you look petty and uneducated

Rather than argue with me, look to educate your own community and tell them that it's not okay to act thug. That education should be a priority. That women should not be objectified. That it's okay to criticize your own people if they done something wrong.

You continue to spew your mindless racist crap. It must be very sad for you to indulge in an adult discussion with minorities. It must be very difficult for you to deal with your own failures, instead you choose the racist path. I understand your superiority complex is fading. So sad, so so sad. There is help out there for you, the first step in admitting you have a superiority complex is to face it head on. You will be A O.K...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies