Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Polanski's actions did not disgrace a current US administration nor did Polanski do anything that threatened people in power.

If Polanski had somehow disgraced the current US president's administration, had revealed war crimes committed by the US and (to a far lesser degree) the UK, and had threatened to reveal secrets of the big banks (and possibly the Federal Reserve), he'd have been busted a long time ago.

The rape charges against Assange are phony and trumped up SPECIFICALLY because he revealed classified documents.

To think politics and law enforcement are completely separate is greatly in error. And with the Patriot Act and the erosion of the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments, the barrier between the two has been demolished.

Just stating how the world works. That doesn't mean I approve of it. The Bush administration did the same with Ritter.

Given your dislike of Obama I'd think you'd love Assange, he's done more to make Obama look bad than everyone on Fox combined....
So you agree that the only reason Interpol is going after Assange on these rape charges is because of his leaking of classified information sensitive to the US?

I'm glad to hear that you don't necessarily approve of issuing charges for unrelated crimes to go after someone for espionage.

I may strongly dislike Obama, but I still love this country and have a genuine vested interest in its success. To state that I should love Assange for making Obama out to look like a fool is beyond comprehension when lives and our future success in the international community is at stake. I was also upset at how Obama was treated on his trade delegation to Asia last month. It was a complete failure on all accounts and his lack of success overseas will harm our country. I want him to succeed in securing fair trade policies and I'm not so shortsighted to delight in his failures when it harms our country. Obama looking like an idiot is secondary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Some of Assange and Wikileaks' detractors have claimed that since the one country whose secrets he has not revealed has been Israel, that Assange and Wikileaks are somehow connected to Mossad...

Given there is no proof for this I can't back this theory. I do think Assange is asking for some really bad things to happen to him, especially by going after banks - I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up dead, at all.
I wouldn't characterize these suggestions as coming from "detractors" as much as I would call it observations of the OBVIOUS. And those observations are extremely glaring, if you ask me.

Since Israel (right or wrong) has maintained center stage in Mideast tensions since dirt was created, I find it rather amusing that there seems to be this huge focus on Iran being viewed in such negative light within the Arab world, viewing Iran as the real danger, and in favor of military action against them. I mean, it really doesn't get much more obvious than that ... does it? Come on ... 60 years of Arab-Israeli tensions ... non-stop ... and now they aren't even so much as a footnote? I mean, really ... this is the "inside" view in the Arab world? Come on, if you believe that, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

None of this makes the least bit of sense ... from the shear inability of the US intelligence community to shut this down, while we do have the ability to shut down hundreds of websites for copyright and intellectual property right infringements? This is clearly an intelligence operation ... the only question is ... "what are they really up to". What is the purpose of this?

Another HUGE red flag is that too much attention is being directed at this story instead of away from it. Military personnel are being warned that viewing this stuff cold be a crime ... hype, hype, and more hype .... it doesn't fit the well established practice of news blackouts and mainstream media ignoring stories of relevance when it suits the agenda. So, yes .... you can smell this rotten fish from light years away, though it's not as if the American public hasn't already identified itself as some of the most gullible, ignorant people currently breathing air on planet earth today, so such juvenile tactics of reverse psychology will probably work like a charm. What else can you expect from a culture that can't pry itself away from the next episode of the Simpson's, or considers Jerry Springer as good entertainment.

Wikileaks is attempting to establish itself as a credible source of classified, inside truth which the US government is terrified of having revealed, while much of the information gives credibility to the overt militaristic posture to which the US presents toward Iran .... which is at the heart of US foreign policy and has been for quite some time.

I cannot help but think of Brer Rabbit ...Oh please, whatever you do, don't throw me into the briar patch! And, whatever you do, pay no attention to that wikileak stuff if you know what's good for you!!!

Suffice it to say, there is no rational reason for not considering this an intelligence operation .. the only question is ... to what end? What are they attempting to do ?(aside from spreading disinfo ... that part is obvious).

This is a set up for "something" .... what the something is can only be speculated.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I wouldn't characterize these suggestions as coming from "detractors" as much as I would call it observations of the OBVIOUS. And those observations are extremely glaring, if you ask me.

Since Israel (right or wrong) has maintained center stage in Mideast tensions since dirt was created, I find it rather amusing that there seems to be this huge focus on Iran being viewed in such negative light within the Arab world, viewing Iran as the real danger, and in favor of military action against them. I mean, it really doesn't get much more obvious than that ... does it? Come on ... 60 years of Arab-Israeli tensions ... non-stop ... and now they aren't even so much as a footnote? I mean, really ... this is the "inside" view in the Arab world? Come on, if you believe that, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

None of this makes the least bit of sense ... from the shear inability of the US intelligence community to shut this down, while we do have the ability to shut down hundreds of websites for copyright and intellectual property right infringements? This is clearly an intelligence operation ... the only question is ... "what are they really up to". What is the purpose of this?

Another HUGE red flag is that too much attention is being directed at this story instead of away from it. Military personnel are being warned that viewing this stuff cold be a crime ... hype, hype, and more hype .... it doesn't fit the well established practice of news blackouts and mainstream media ignoring stories of relevance when it suits the agenda. So, yes .... you can smell this rotten fish from light years away, though it's not as if the American public hasn't already identified itself as some of the most gullible, ignorant people currently breathing air on planet earth today, so such juvenile tactics of reverse psychology will probably work like a charm. What else can you expect from a culture that can't pry itself away from the next episode of the Simpson's, or considers Jerry Springer as good entertainment.

Wikileaks is attempting to establish itself as a credible source of classified, inside truth which the US government is terrified of having revealed, while much of the information gives credibility to the overt militaristic posture to which the US presents toward Iran .... which is at the heart of US foreign policy and has been for quite some time.

I cannot help but think of Brer Rabbit ...Oh please, whatever you do, don't throw me into the briar patch! And, whatever you do, pay no attention to that wikileak stuff if you know what's good for you!!!

Suffice it to say, there is no rational reason for not considering this an intelligence operation .. the only question is ... to what end? What are they attempting to do ?(aside from spreading disinfo ... that part is obvious).

This is a set up for "something" .... what the something is can only be speculated.

Wait, your contention is that the US, which couldn't even properly plant WMD's in Iraq, has somehow either aided and abetted or outright orchestrated the greatest reverse psychology scam in history?

I'd have a hard time buying this under the best of circumstances. In a situation like this where I actually read the documents and saw where it showed definitively that Israel actively tried to lie to the US in order to get them to attack Iran, it completely falls apart.

Now, if your argument was that there was a coordinated media manipulation to gloss over this fact, I'd be with you there - since most media outlets have very conveniently not really mentioned the Israel missives in any meaningful way.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Only Neocons are pushing the notion that Arabs are afraid of Iran and want them attacked. In fact it's only the Arab dictatorships themselves and not their citizens that are pushing for this.

( Bribed and cajoled by US lobbying)

Neocons are actually looking to the undemocratic, brutal Saudi Arabia dictatorship for moral guidance in attacking Iran

What most Arabs think about Iran?...They want them to have nukes.

The spectacle we are now watching is neocons hailing the Arab dictators they once claimed to abhor, while profoundly misleading Americans about the disastrous and catastrophic effect a US or Israeli war on Iran would have.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...an-please.html

Your conspiracy is bunk. Bradley Manning is facing life in prison. There are cleaner and easier ways of spreading misinformation than going to some grand charade that would be needed to pull off the wikileaks actions.

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-01-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 12-01-2010, 06:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Assange has now threatened US Banks and even Russia as his next targets.

Clearly he has contacts far more than simply a nancy boy in the US Army.

Those that defend his 'right' to free speech are blind and ignore the fact that he is in the espionage business.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,926 times
Lol, at our pathetic country with 700 billion plus dollar military chasing around after a mere dude with a laptop.

Go Julian Assange

Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Lol, at our pathetic country with 700 billion plus dollar military chasing around after a mere dude with a laptop.

Go Julian Assange
Actually the server hosting wikileaks, amazon dot com dumped him today.

How Lieberman Got Amazon To Drop Wikileaks | TPMMuckraker

Old 12-01-2010, 06:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Actually the server hosting wikileaks, amazon dot com dumped him today.

How Lieberman Got Amazon To Drop Wikileaks | TPMMuckraker
Yep and my family spent our last dime at Amazon.

They can concentrate on selling books to elderly Fox viewers that rarely turn a page.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So you agree that the only reason Interpol is going after Assange on these rape charges is because of his leaking of classified information sensitive to the US?

I'm glad to hear that you don't necessarily approve of issuing charges for unrelated crimes to go after someone for espionage.

I may strongly dislike Obama, but I still love this country and have a genuine vested interest in its success. To state that I should love Assange for making Obama out to look like a fool is beyond comprehension when lives and our future success in the international community is at stake. I was also upset at how Obama was treated on his trade delegation to Asia last month. It was a complete failure on all accounts and his lack of success overseas will harm our country. I want him to succeed in securing fair trade policies and I'm not so shortsighted to delight in his failures when it harms our country. Obama looking like an idiot is secondary.
I think his lack of success is due to his lack of any leadership experience and that he surrounds himself with academia. And Biden is worthless as anyone who could offer him advice.

We've got a "learning on the job" administration.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yep and my family spent our last dime at Amazon.

They can concentrate on selling books to elderly Fox viewers that rarely turn a page.
I'm sure wikileaks will find a new server, this stuff ain't going away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies