Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

House Dems reject Obama tax plan in current form

Said Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas: "If it's take it or leave it, we'll leave it."

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., predicted the tax cut compromise "will be passed by virtually all the Republicans and a minority of Democrats." He said he would vote against it.

Yes middle class americans, Demcorats said they dont care about you and have no problem increasing your taxes. They dont care if you are unemployed and will be out on the street.

Hey, I'm just spinning the bs like you guys do!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Hey, I'm just spinning the bs like you guys do!!!
But you don't do it as well. You should leave some things to the trained professionals...

Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Fail....x 2.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
I will say this. The democrats at least wanted to give seniors $250 dollars because of no increase in Social security inflation adjustment.The republicans said no to that,but yes to a tax cut for millionaires..........

Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I will say this. The democrats at least wanted to give seniors $250 dollars because of no increase in Social security inflation adjustment.The republicans said no to that,but yes to a tax cut for millionaires..........
If there was no inflation adjustment, why would you give an increase?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Fail....x 2.
Whats the matter, dont like the fact that you support a party who hates the middle class and could care less about raising taxes on them, so you decide to attack my comments instead?

I wouldnt want to comment on what they said either..

Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times
The reality is your title, as usual, is completely wrong. If someone cares about the middle class then they don't bankrupt social security, if someone cares about the middle class then they don't add several trillion to the national debt for no good reason, and if someone cares about the middle class they don't continue the Republican class warfare against the middle class. This "deal" is so bad it was total capitulation and I'd rather see the tax breaks expire, thus halfing the national deficit over night, then allow them to continue and allow them to endanger social security. That's irresponsible and someone in Washington needs to act like a grown up instead of pretending they're the candyman.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
They said we can't afford to give seniors $250 dollars but they can afford to give $200,000 to billionaires. No thanks, no sale.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 AM

I note the lack of comments from liberals, bashing the Democratic Party. We all know had the GOP said something this stupid we'd be on page 100 of the thread by now...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
The reality is your title, as usual, is completely wrong. If someone cares about the middle class then they don't bankrupt social security,
Social Security is far from bankrupt. They are sitting on tens of trillions of dollars in treasury securities. But are you telling me that if they pass the bill, then they dont care about the middle class?
Quote:
if someone cares about the middle class then they don't add several trillion to the national debt for no good reason,
So if they pass the bill giving the middle income a tax cut, they hate the middle class, and if they dont pass it, they love them? Maybe you can point out one Democrat concerned over the middle income tax cut having an effect on the national debt. If you can, then I'll admit you are correct. Last I checked they werent..
Quote:
and if someone cares about the middle class they don't continue the Republican class warfare against the middle class.
Republicans have no class warfare against the middle class.. Its Democrats who have to LIE about one in order to get their supporters votes..
Quote:
This "deal" is so bad it was total capitulation and I'd rather see the tax breaks expire
What part of the deal is bad? That tiny $70B deficit caused by the "top income tax cut", or the whole thing? Why do you hate middle income americans as well?
Quote:
thus halfing the national deficit over night,
It would do no such thing because it would remove money from the economy that wouldnt be spent, thereby not allow increasing employment and other tax revenue which otherwise would come in but wont.
Quote:
, then allow them to continue and allow them to endanger social security.
Again SS is in no danger, they have tens of trillions on their books in US Treasuries..
Quote:
That's irresponsible and someone in Washington needs to act like a grown up instead of pretending they're the candyman.
I agree.. but just yesterday the tax cuts were fabulous.. Now Democrats could care less about having them passed. I said months ago here on this very website that Democrats dont want to see them passed, on ANYONE.. They just want the GOP to blame..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies