Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post

Your right i am moaning...four more years of destruction...the end of America...
Four more years of Barack Hussein Obama, YES!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I don't understand according to some posters here...supply and demand have no affect on prices...than why are prices so low for the following...

Kuwait----- $0.78 per gallon

Saudi Arabi---$0.91 per gallon
So you are saying the U.S. should have government owned oil companies ????

to put it in simple terms, the reason Wal Mart makes so much money is because they own many of the companies that supply their stores.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,595 times
Quote:
You don't understand, that's all. Don't worry, though, there are plenty in your camp with you. [sung in the style of the late Michael Jackson] "You are not alone".
I think Michael(AKA liberal girl) leaned more toward your camp than ours...

Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
And in 1996 I was paying $0.99 a gallon for premium, thanks a lot Obama for raising the cost of gas!!!!....what? The president doesn't control the cost of gas, but the OP is trying to blame Obama for the cost of gas, so i thought he controlled the pricing.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Four more years of Barack Hussein Obama, YES!
Yuck...What a homely looking baby...

God..I feel sorry for the poor woman...it must have been hell pushing out those ears..

Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
I don't understand according to some posters here...supply and demand have no affect on prices...than why are prices so low for the following...

Kuwait----- $0.78 per gallon

Saudi Arabi---$0.91 per gallon
Because their government subsidizes their oil. We don't subsidize ours much, a lot of the price we pay is thanks to derivatives on oil futures. Or, as the man on the street might recognize it, oil speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And in 1996 I was paying $0.99 a gallon for premium, thanks a lot Obama for raising the cost of gas!!!!....what? The president doesn't control the cost of gas, but the OP is trying to blame Obama for the cost of gas, so i thought he controlled the pricing.
Blaming the president for the price of gas is like blaming the stove for burning your food

Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Yuck...What a homely looking baby...

God..I feel sorry for the poor woman...it must have been hell pushing out those ears..
Actually I think he made a cute toddler.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM

147 posts, read 312,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
More nonsensical propagnada. The green energy movement is the future, whether or not there are failures has nothing to do with the viability of the industry. The USA would be left in the dust by the other industrialized nations if we do not participate an innovate within the movement. You just want to bi-tch and moan about Obama and I understand, being that he was sworn in today for FOUR MORE YEARS...
Just to be precise.

The European Union heavily subsidizes green energy for years. Right now they've started to persecute traditional energy too, by setting up CO2 limits for each country (if a country produces more CO2 than it was entitled too, that country needs to buy more limit from other countries). Because of that, we have extremely high energy prices and that's why many European companies moves to the US (to avoid high energy bills). In Germany 1 kWh costs 0,27€ (~$0.36), mostly because of green energy tax and higher prices of green energy.

As I have nothing against green energy, the liberals need to realize green energy is few times more expensive and that cost can't be compensated by taxing heavier the rich or whatever - it's a cost every American family needs to pay. I wonder why no one mentions it.

Last edited by szyy; 01-21-2013 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The president doesn't control the cost of gas, but the OP is trying to blame Obama for the cost of gas, so i thought he controlled the pricing.
Obama:

"What I’ve said is that we would put a cap and trade system in place that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else’s out there.

I was the first to call for a 100% auction on the cap and trade system, which means that every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases emitted would be charged to the polluter. That will create a market in which whatever technologies are out there that are being presented, whatever power plants that are being built, that they would have to meet the rigors of that market and the ratcheted down caps that are being placed, imposed every year.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted.

That will also generate billions of dollars that we can invest in solar, wind, biodiesel and other alternative energy approaches.

The only thing I’ve said with respect to coal, I haven’t been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can.

It’s just that it will bankrupt them!!!"

Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM

I dont care what the president says, he has little to no control over he cost of gas at the pump. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies