Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Much love to you and yours, but I truly do NOT want to see you nakie. Please, for the love of Mike if you aren't Christian, keep your pants on.
And I'd say the same to any Christian who was planning this - please keep your pants ON!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If people who celebrate Christmas are in the minority then how come most of retailer profits come from Christmas shopping ?
Pavlovian Conditioning, brain-washing, inculcation, indoctrination. Call it whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Most retailer profits? I don't think so! Maybe most profitable quarter, something like that. Please provide a link.
He doesn't have to provide a link.

It's called Black Friday. Everyone knows that, except apparently you. There's a very good reason why it's called Black Friday.

Look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Could you prop up my religion for me? I can't carry it alone, and my faith is very brittle. It needs a house and accessories and lots of $$$$ to uphold.

Glad to see other Christians speaking up against this nonsense for a change.
I'm not a christian. I'm an atheist.

That's why I said, "How does it feel to be marginalized?"

What she couldn't handle for a few seconds, I and others have to put up with every single day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
mackinac81 do you find it strange that a christian organization like the Salvation Army chooses now to leave out the Christ in this season?
Jesus sort of left out the "christ" in this season too.

I recall Jesus saying that when you pray, you need to go into your closet and pray alone to "the father" in private with a specific prayer.

And I recall Jesus saying that people who pray in churches and in public are hypocrites.

But I don't ever recall Jesus saying, "Celebrate my name by hanging pagan symbols all over your home and in the market place and spending more than you earn on the 25th of December."

Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
If you are implying that I am a "fanatic W E A K" christian you are in violation of the TOS. How do you feel comfortable assuming that I can never answer your questions?"""

Weird sentence but I don't assume anything, you don't answer questions..

""" You are a rude person. Why would I even bother to answer your questions?
You won't bother with them because you can never answer them....

They are uncomfortable, aren't they?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
A big duh to you if don't think it is concerning when a Christian organization like the Salvation Army abandons its foundation for the almighty dollar. Money over Christ does not compute for a Christian.
Now your bashing the Salvation Army Trader
Joe was petty, this is downright insane.

Do you have a clue how many folks the Salvation Army actually helps around the world. I'm not Christian, and I donate every time I pass a kettle. In the 1980's when there also was another "economic crisis" they used to give out a cup of the best Manhattan Clam Chowder I ever tasted when you gave a donation

This little war you folks have with those who don't say "Merry Christmas" is meaningless, especially if you can't even see the bigger picture. Even the Salvation Army knows it's money, not 5 miraculous loaves of bread and 2 fish, that will feed 5000 poor TODAY.

Money over Christ does not compute for a Christian -
what a sanctimonious crock.

I'll give to the Salvation Army even if they don't wish
me anything

Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Christmas is the only holiday recognized as a federal holiday this month. That makes it a holiday.
So because the federal government doesn't give days off work for Channuka or Saturnalia, we shouldn't acknowledge that our Jewish and Pagan friends and neighbors are celebrating those holidays? If nothing else, I'd call that quite rude.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Now your bashing the Salvation Army Trader
Joe was petty, this is downright insane.

Do you have a clue how many folks the Salvation Army actually helps around the world. I'm not Christian, and I donate every time I pass a kettle. In the 1980's when there also was another "economic crisis" they used to give out a cup of the best Manhattan Clam Chowder I ever tasted when you gave a donation

This little war you folks have with those who don't say "Merry Christmas" is meaningless, especially if you can't even see the bigger picture. Even the Salvation Army knows it's money, not 5 miraculous loaves of bread and 2 fish, that will feed 5000 poor TODAY.

Money over Christ does not compute for a Christian -
what a sanctimonious crock.

I'll give to the Salvation Army even if they don't wish
me anything

Ya, those darn Salvation Army people "abandoning their christian principles" to HELP THE POOR!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:34 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
28 pages all started because supposedly (a) Trader Joe's doesn't have the word "Christmas" in its store.

And here's a Trader Joe's flier - note the top salutations of "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Hanukkah".

http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/flyers...outh_flyer.pdf

It will be hard to ever get peace on earth if we get so bent out of shape over whether a business displays a word in their store.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
A list came out that had the names of stores/companies that no longer "did Christmas" Those are the places that we will avoid. No shopping, not eating, no buying of any kind.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Political correctness kills culture. In a liberal's perfect world, everybody would be rendered into nothingness and there would be no celebrations of any kind so that nobody would be offended by anything.
So weird how right fundies are trying to foist Politicized Christmas onto everyone, and still manage to turn around and blame everyone else for what they're doing. Surprised their brains don't melt down holding so many contradictory persecution complexes to justify every crusade they invent. Love thy neighbor or kill thy neighbor? Decisions decisions.

Quote:
You are missing my point Ceece. The Salvation Army is a Christian charity. Last year they were wishing me a Merry Christmas. This year they are ringing the bell while saying Happy Holidays. They are doing that so as not to offend people of other faiths and to be politically correct. That is just wrong in my opinion. When the Salvation Army abandons their Chrisitian principles to raise money I find that sad and morally corrupt on the part of the people in the organization who decided to change Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays.
Of course! Bell ringers & Salvation Army shops should screen donors/ shoppers and make sure only card carrying Christians are donating for the exclusive children of God club helping out only Christians in poverty.
There was a preacher bragging on about how he might decide to selectively dole out aid to Haitians based on who was officially in his faith. He got read the riot act by Christians, and I'm so glad they did. Abusing troubled people by withholding aid that was given freely by Christian donors to help the needy is despicable. That's not what Christians are about. No Christian ID card necessary, and YES, they've upheld their Christian foundation just fine.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
28 pages all started because supposedly (a) Trader Joe's doesn't have the word "Christmas" in its store.

And here's a Trader Joe's flier - note the top salutations of "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Hanukkah".

http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/flyers...outh_flyer.pdf

It will be hard to ever get peace on earth if we get so bent out of shape over whether a business displays a word in their store.
"Merry Christmas " on their flyer!?!!!?!

Christianity is SAVED !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies