Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I was simply saying in plain English how it is. You are free to disagree which you do. My point being that all the warnings about the non-existanct threats are to maintain fear and that is called being manipulated. Us the people being manipulated by agencies of government (if we choose to buy it) and agencies of government being manipulated by people in caves.

Since you don't get my point and I'm tired of repeating it this is the last I have to say about it to you.

As for the trains...

It had to be be some very real threat. You don't shut down major rail traffice (freight especially as a lot of stuff is perishable) unless there is a a very good and verifyable reason. This was over a very large area too. And in terms of goods moved, two days is a long time. The only people who had the authority to stop all train traffic was homeland security or its precurser as it was being formed. Nobody else.

Thing is, nobody issued a scary thing warning. Nobody even mentioned it officially. But for a large swath of socal there were NO Trains moving for a couple of days. Either they prevented it (whatever "It" was) by not having trains running or it was stopped, but stopping train movement was a very drastic thing and had to have had a very justifyable reason. And whatever it was, has never been said.

The Golden Gate bridge was also shut down for a few days but this was hard to miss. There had been a threat thought nothing happened when it was opened. Except for about four/five days lots of people had to go to a great deal of bother to find another way home.

Sometimes threats work without there even being anything to worry about if you react. I'm sure that all those trains sitting caused major disruption of something even if the "it" didn't happen.
Fair enough, I hear you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Ok, now I know you are trolling.

Again since you are capable of reading but are obviously here to flame.

The dates were listed from the first dang post and it just now occurred to you?

oy vey
So I was supposed to see the dates of every title you listed and remember them? LOL Come on man and no, I'm not a troll. I am simply having a discussion with you online and I don't get your point. So, you are calling me a troll now, lol. Oy vey is right.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Be vigilant people. Eyes open and aware. They walk among us.

An attack could be possible.

Holiday Terror Warning Cites Car Bombs and Small Arms Attack - ABC News
Nope, ain't gonna happen...the REPUGS SAID SO....they said we "have to fight them over there or else we'd have to fight them here"...

Well, we're fighting "them" over there so there is no threat here...Repugs promised!...

Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I would personally avoid "Toy's are Us" during the Holiday Season. Fox News did a recent article about vertically challenged people (midgets) being smuggled into the country by them Alqiedies to work as elves during the Holiday rush.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:15 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I would personally avoid "Toy's are Us" during the Holiday Season. Fox News did a recent article about vertically challenged people (midgets) being smuggled into the country by them Alqiedies to work as elves during the Holiday rush.

Hmmm .. that sounds very sinister. If anyone sees a vertically challenged person (midget) they should email Ms Napolitano immediately

Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
The Attorney General Holder has a warning to be vigilant about homegrown terrorist subjects.

Attorney General Eric Holder's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks - ABC News

Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
There is evidence that restaurant/hotel food may be a target for terrorists.

Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to Poison Food - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
The Attorney General Holder has a warning to be vigilant about homegrown terrorist subjects.

Attorney General Eric Holder's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks - ABC News
Hmmm .... we just had three deer walk through our yard. Should I report them

Old 12-21-2010, 10:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Hmmm .... we just had three deer walk through our yard. Should I report them
Trespass should be considered a suspicious activity.

Were they talking among themselves, or were they pretending to be normal?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
There is evidence that restaurant/hotel food may be a target for terrorists.

Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to Poison Food - CBS Evening News - CBS News
Tip the waitstaff if they agree to taste your food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies