Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I don't think Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins have anything to worry about being RINOs. By making themselves the swing votes, they end up getting a lot of sweetheart deals for Maine. As much as that earns them ire throughout the rest of the country by both liberals and conservatives, it makes them popular back home.

But yeah, the rest of them could be in some trouble with the conservative base for this vote. And if conservatives primary challenge someone like Scott Brown, who represents a very liberal state and has an uphill battle as it is, I'm gonna LOL really hard.

roysoldboy said that most of the RINOs voted against repeal. Snow, Collins and Brown (and 4 other Rs) all voted for repeal. I was curious which of the 31 Republican no voters he considers RINOs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
What will happen when a gay soldier dies? Will they fly the rainbow flag at half staff?
Oh come on - you know the answer to that. The pits of hell will open up and swallow him into a lake of fire to burn for all eternity.

That and the US will lose whatever war it's involved in because the US has now lost God's support. Oh, and a meteor or a hurricane might strike a major US city.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:46 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
good for them just wait and watch now theres gonna be alot of trouble with this.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
I was wondering how long it would take the bigots to arrive...Actually it took a bit longer than I thought it would...Anyway it is great news, but I find it amazing that anything ever gets done in the adversarial two party system that you have. Republicans and Democrats; from and outsiders point of view seem to be warring factions, to the point of using outright lies and deceit against each other, and that includes members of both parties here on CD....

Entertaining as hell, but it's not very productive. The one issue that unites America's warring parties is their mutual refusal to address the runaway entitlements that both of them have built. Neither has the will or courage to honestly address America's staggering debt. Neither has the nerve to tell the people that their country is living beyond its means and that, sooner or later, they'll have to pay the piper.

If Mr. Obama ever takes that one on and survives, his place in history will be truly secured.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
People might be interested to know that the Army has been having ungoing EO training to prepare for this for some time. They just concluded a very large EO training session on Friday.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:51 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that most of the RINOs voted against repeal. I wonder how many of them have to run for re-election in 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Another defeat for Obama.
History is the only judge, and you two and the rest of the conservative/religious right will be judged accordingly.

Even God can't save you from this one.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Another defeat for Obama.

Sarcasm? Or did you misread?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:02 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
It basically means nothing. Gays were there before the DADT, and they're there now.

When the first lawsuit is filed, we'll know how effective and beneficial this action was.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 PM

Gotta love the comments from the FoxNews comment section of this story (and these are from just the last 2 minutes):

"Perhaps we will see an increase in friendly fire incidents. One could only hope"

"Straight people have no rights in this country anymore"

"We find gays revolting...'nuff said and that's reason enough for me."

"How about a camo dirty sanchez for the new guys.... or girls...what ever they think they are."

"Impeach the watermelon eater"

And the funniest part (in a sad way) is that many of the posts over there have been removed for being too hateful. Too much anti-gay hate for a FoxNews comment board - that's impressive.

Last edited by hammertime33; 12-18-2010 at 04:27 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
What will happen when a gay soldier dies? Will they fly the rainbow flag at half staff?
True that! I wonder how many of the brave posters will step up and fill their place....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies