Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah, nothing I've heard has really convinced me. Believe me, I have considered their arguments, but none of which were good enough to outweigh the basic truth that a human being is a human being at conception, or at the very least by the time they've got all the human body parts.
I gotta say Trimac20, I really admire the way you've handled yourself here in this thread. And 1000+ posts. Good job. I never started a thread that lasted this long. And it's nice to have an ally. I'm usually alone with this debate. Makes it a lot more fun when someone else is arguing with you instead of against you.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Men care about the society they live in.....and yes I would not get involved in any way with a women who was not PASSIONATELY pro life..
Thats something thats covered....but would u like to know something...
if the guy is a super catch for the girl....the girl would rather see some
morals that give her hope the guy is for real....thats a fact. There more comfortable with signs of family....when they really like the guy....

HEY WAKE UP MAM
For some reason I thought you were a woman, Blue Hue. Although I do take a female opinion on pregnancy more seriously, abortion is an issue which affects everyone, and everyone is entitled to have an opinion on it.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:00 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Just imagine if your parents threw YOU out with the trash. Yes, YOU, the same you who is sitting at your computer today. You were everything you are now when you were already a fetus.
Imagine all the miscarriages that aren't here too. Now imagine trying to figure out which ones were miscarried and which were aborted. No try caring.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Birth control is the answer. And, when they finally come
out with a pill for men

BIRTH CONTROL for MEN now!

The bible doesn't mention contraception at all. Only refraining from sex, unless your that poor guy who
refused to impregnate his brother's widow and was killed by God

Onan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Catholic Church does not condone birth control therefore they aren't hypocritical. I don't know what the stance is with other churches. I guess it's left up to their own interpretations of the bible.

Vatican clarifies pope's comments, insists he does not condone condom use to
avoid pregnancy - Yahoo! News
(http://ca.news.yahoo.com/vatican-clarifies-popes-comments-insists-does-not-condone-20101221-075712-155.html - broken link)
i just don't have sex with women...it's excellent birth control..

Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
So the uterus is just for show then? You're obviously ignorant of the sense in which I meant 'natural.'

Maybe you should make balloon animals for little kiddies, a more productive way to practice your twisting skills, cos you're pretty good at it.
As far as I am concerned, my uterus is one part of my body I would have gladly lived without........it has caused my nothing but pain.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 AM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There I go again, forgetting that my only purpose in life is to breed. Moo....moo.
womenhood is more than 9 months and child rearing.....

Its a warmth in life . Inspiration ect. ...your just playing games...

Its a stale hollow dead end of misery, that keeps comming through.

Have a nice day ...Mam.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:04 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Don't worry. We have accomplished something. We have stood up to their poor arguments. They have nothing left to say and now they are starting to repeat themselves. All we have to do now is to post links to their replies. $100 in your name is worth a little bit of education.
LMFAO ! The only thing you have accomplished is confirmation of the fact that you'd rather women to resort to coat hangers, falls down staircases, and/or poison if they want to end their pregnancy, regardless of whether they engaged in consensual sex or not, than have it done in a safe, sterile manner. You have no compassion for victimized women, you have no respect for people who wish to live according to their own free will, and you have an extremely narrow view of morality itself.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:04 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
I gotta say Trimac20, I really admire the way you've handled yourself here in this thread. And 1000+ posts. Good job. I never started a thread that lasted this long. And it's nice to have an ally. I'm usually alone with this debate. Makes it a lot more fun when someone else is arguing with you instead of against you.
Yeah thanks, I didn't expect it to last THIS long! I guess it is a heated debate. I don't know why it was, but I came from being maybe slightly pro-life or even neutral to pretty strongly pro-life after I did more research about abortion (yes much of what I read was 'biased', but I never lost sight of what the stakes were). I too used to think that aborted fetuses were a 'bunch of cells' before I even knew what the aborted fetuses really looked like! But now, no way, I KNOW there's something not right about it. My opinion is unpopular with many people, but so what, the majority isn't always right. You've got to think for yourself and see what your conscience tells you. Otherwise you can be swayed to justify practically ANYTHING. It may seem like a 'small matter' to some people, but seeds often grow. Yes we're outnumbered in this thread, but there are quite a few others. I suppose none willing to argue as passionately and for as long as us, lol.

Like I said, maybe because I'm male, it was not something I thought about all that much prior to this. But I've learnt quite a bit and well, it's made me kind of depressed. I see it as a reflection of a rather cold, heartless culture that hides behind tolerance and liberality.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
So the uterus is just for show then? You're obviously ignorant of the sense in which I meant 'natural.'

Maybe you should make balloon animals for little kiddies, a more productive way to practice your twisting skills, cos you're pretty good at it.

Hmmmm.........maybe you should go and have a talk with some Nuns......you need to tell them how they are going against nature.........and that is evil. Tell them that they are worthless because they haven't reproduced.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Birth control is the answer.
*sigh*

Repeating myself again.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...0#post17129830

Quote:
Statistics do not bear this out. Even sterilization isn't 99.9% effective. And even if it was, 30,000,000* single women in the U.S. alone have regular sex. Multiply that by .1% and you end up with 30,000 unplanned pregnancies. Not an insignificant number. And that's just the U.S. You still have Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the rest of the world. The total result is millions of unplanned pregnancies, and that is for women who are even better than sterilized! The real statistics of actual contraceptives are faar more shocking.
*Actually the number is something like 43 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies