Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
If you Americans had any brains, you would just copy Israel's system and be done with it.
It's not being done for security reasons, or we would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,099,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
If you Americans had any brains, you would just copy Israel's system and be done with it.
How many international airports does Israel have?

How many international airports does the US have?

142 (47 times more)

How many flights does Israel have per day?

How many flights does the United States have per day?

26,000 flights (57 times)

Perhaps that's why.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,287,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How many international airports does Israel have?

How many international airports does the US have?

142 (47 times more)

How many flights does Israel have per day?

How many flights does the United States have per day?

26,000 flights (57 times)

Perhaps that's why.
So if we used the same number of people per airport as they do could we not do it? Would it not be worth it if it created real security and people weren't cancelling plans to fly would the airlines be happy to have it? We couldn't handle the untrained for peanuts, but for the money spent for the machines, how many *trained* people could you find? Is it not worth the effort to send the tsa power trippers back to the unemployment line and give passangers personal respect and constitution rights?

If they built ten more airports would they abandon their methosd or just hire more people who knew what they were doing?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
So she should ahve turned around and rode a bus or rented a car. That was her choice.I am sure she knew what board could require before getting a ticket. 2 seconds of fame.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:31 PM

34 posts, read 77,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
So if we used the same number of people per airport as they do could we not do it? Would it not be worth it if it created real security and people weren't cancelling plans to fly would the airlines be happy to have it? We couldn't handle the untrained for peanuts, but for the money spent for the machines, how many *trained* people could you find? Is it not worth the effort to send the tsa power trippers back to the unemployment line and give passangers personal respect and constitution rights?

If they built ten more airports would they abandon their methosd or just hire more people who knew what they were doing?
You talk about the taking away of freedoms and government intrusion but advocate Israel's method of security? Amongst other things, doesn't the military walk around in public with assault rifles over there? Also, where were all your constitutional concerns when the Patriot Act was passed?

I've seen worse power trips from mall security.

I don't see what the big deal is. I've flown a few times this year, including this past month. I was never forced through a body-scanner. I was, however, patted down both ways flying to and from JFK in July after going through metal detectors. Neither time did I feel violated or anything even close to that. It was the exact same thing as I'd experienced in Europe years ago and attending concerts and other events in the U.S.

Flying is a privilege, not a right.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersb View Post

Flying is a privilege, not a right.

You mean, like, under the new constitution, right?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,913 times
Nice, the Yanks will beat subservience into you heathen 'passengers' When the grand calif commands it, you will obey it.

Bend over, heathen.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:49 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,294,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So she should ahve turned around and rode a bus or rented a car. That was her choice.I am sure she knew what board could require before getting a ticket. 2 seconds of fame.

It is still sexual assult. Nothing less than complete violation of a person's body. It is wrong. As for whats a riht or not, The Constitution says we have the RIGHT TO TRAVEL WITHOUT RESTRICTION OR HARASSMENT and this is clearly in violation of the harassment clause of The Constitution!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:04 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,502,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Is no one concerned about the loss of our freedom?
fascism FTW .

Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,241,458 times
Those who have already surrendered their rights, have nothing to lose.

Frankly, the simplest question unasked:
"Where can I find the clause in the U.S. Constitution that authorizes warrantless searches of people?"

Perhaps they draw their authority from the continuous "State of Emergency", first declared in 1933.
If so, please remind the people what the basis of that emergency is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies