Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzo100 View Post
So another words, you don't know what you are talking about like usual.
Funny guy.

Perhaps if you all stopped attacking me for a moment and getting all worked up about it, you would get an intelligent debate out of this topic. Until then, don't expect anyone to actually go through the trouble of doing the work to provide solid facts/links about the issue. Y'all need to learn to formulate your thoughts from your brain instead of letting emotion rule everything. Nothing I said was offensive, it is only my opinion, and for the millionth time, I do not think gay people are bad, I just do not agree with that lifestyle.

Anyway.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Ask someone who's gay, they could tell you better than I could.
But when gay people tell you that it's not a choice, you discredit their statements.

Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Deleted personal attack

Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,409 times
While I support gay marriage I can't help but wonder why. I was with a wonderful woman for almost 20 years and we never got "married". We both had living wills declaring the other in charge of medical decisions and had our wills made out. We even shared property and wore rings
The biggest reason that we didn't legally marry (for lack of a better term) was we didn't think it was any of the governments dam business.
I am afraid that gay people will find out that they may have the better of the two options. Be Careful what you wish for. However it is not my choice and If a gay friend ever decides to marry I will support him/her.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,959 times
I don't know whether being Gay is a choice or not?
Nor do I care?
Last time I looked, being Gay in America wasn't a crime.
As far as I'm concerned, all the Homophobes can just MYOB.

Steve

Old 12-29-2010, 09:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Funny guy.

Perhaps if you all stopped attacking me for a moment and getting all worked up about it, you would get an intelligent debate out of this topic. Until then, don't expect anyone to actually go through the trouble of doing the work to provide solid facts/links about the issue. Y'all need to learn to formulate your thoughts from your brain instead of letting emotion rule everything. Nothing I said was offensive, it is only my opinion, and for the millionth time, I do not think gay people are bad, I just do not agree with that lifestyle.

Anyway.
Who's attacking you? I asked could you chose to be gay? It is a simple question. I outright told you as a straight man I could not choose to be gay. How about you?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
So tell me, at what point in your life was there a man and a woman on the table, and you picked the man? I'm straight, and there's absolutely nothing I can do to like the same sex, so why would it be different for anyone else?

What about people who have killed themselves because they were gay and didn't want to be? What about men who have lost their families because they couldn't stop sneaking out to be with other men? Or pastors who have preached against homosexuality for years and end up being gay?

"Its a choice" makes no sense. You're pretty much saying that across American and the World, there's this huge conspiracy with millions of people either all working together (knowingly making themselves apart of a group that is discriminated against), or falling for something that doesn't exist. Have some common sense...
Anyone who has killed themselves has only themselves to blame. Perhaps they should have sought out a therapist or a priest if they were that distraught over their homosexual feelings.

If men are "losing their families" by sneaking around sleeping with other men, again, they only have themselves to blame. Perhaps some self-control would be a good thing to learn.

I never said or implied anything about a conspiracy. I feel it is a choice, just as it's my choice to be with a man, it's a gay guy's choice to also be with a man. Nobody is forcing that on him.

I am not going to get into my personal sex life as that is inappropriate. It is your choice to be with someone of the opposite sex, as it is your choice to not be with anyone at all, or someone of the same sex. Please tell me how free will does not apply here.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
I'm gay---didn't choose it. Never met anyone gay who did. Met a few bi-sexuals who did. Did you choose to be straight? If the answer is "yes", then you've just doubled your chances for a date on Saturday night.
I take it you've polled each of the gay people you have met, yes?

Yes, I chose to be straight, that doesn't double my chances for any kind of date as I am married.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:34 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,190 times
Quote:
Anyone who has killed themselves has only themselves to blame. Perhaps they should have sought out a therapist or a priest if they were that distraught over their homosexual feelings.

If men are "losing their families" by sneaking around sleeping with other men, again, they only have themselves to blame. Perhaps some self-control would be a good thing to learn.

I never said or implied anything about a conspiracy. I feel it is a choice, just as it's my choice to be with a man, it's a gay guy's choice to also be with a man. Nobody is forcing that on him.

I am not going to get into my personal sex life as that is inappropriate. It is your choice to be with someone of the opposite sex, as it is your choice to not be with anyone at all, or someone of the same sex. Please tell me how free will does not apply here.
Are you telling us that you are also sexually attracted to women, but you choose not to act on it?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who's attacking you? I asked could you chose to be gay? It is a simple question. I outright told you as a straight man I could not choose to be gay. How about you?
Yes, I could choose to be gay if I was so inclined.

I posted that reply before I even got to yours, I did not feel you were attacking me as the others have been.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
While I support gay marriage I can't help but wonder why. I was with a wonderful woman for almost 20 years and we never got "married". We both had living wills declaring the other in charge of medical decisions and had our wills made out. We even shared property and wore rings

Um, yeah, that was the point I was trying to bring up before I was attacked from all sides. And I have yet to see any response to it, aside from yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I don't know whether being Gay is a choice or not?
Nor do I care?
Last time I looked, being Gay in America wasn't a crime.
As far as I'm concerned, all the Homophobes can just MYOB.

Steve
But why does someone who doesn't agree with being gay have to be labeled a homophobe? The term honestly does not make any sense. I can't think of anyone who is truly afraid of homosexual people.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-29-2010 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Please report, rather than respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies