Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,182 times

Advertisements

This short video challenges folks to take a look at homophobia and how it harms the lgbt community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2XAOhVclyY

Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
This short video challenges folks to take a look at homophobia and how it harms the lgbt community.

The whole premise is false. People who are gay choose to be so.

Either way, several of the "rights" that were listed in the video can be dealt with via estate planning and end of life planning (like appointing power of attorney, writing up a will, drafting a living will, etc.).

Next?

ETA: I love how the video is so PC. Is it really necessary to say "gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered" as opposed to just "gay"? No lesbian or bisexual person I've ever met has objected to being referred to as "gay." Pretty soon they're gonna start rattling off the LGBTQIA acronym in its entirety so as not to offend anyone.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 PM

250 posts, read 379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
People who are gay choose to be so.
Prove it.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:

Either way, several of the "rights" that were listed in the video can be dealt with via estate planning and end of life planning (like appointing power of attorney, writing up a will, drafting a living will, etc.).

Next?
I am gay.. and I most certainly didn't choose it.. the fact that YOU think you know better than ME someone who is gay is insulting..
people like you should be ashamed of yourselves, your ignorance is disgusting and hurtful just so you can preserve your primitive beliefs in your own mind.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:07 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Wow such incredible ignorance in such a small sentence.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

Why?

Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

how it harms the lgbt community. yeah , you know not that they would want to take any responsibility for their own personal behavior.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
how it harms the lgbt community. yeah , you know not that they would want to take any responsibility for their own personal behavior.
um, i take responsibility for my behavior as a gay male.. do you take care of your responsibility to your fellow man.. by treating them with kindness and respect and decency...
if you can politicize a group of people it's easy to demonize them.. but you forget that we are actually people...
shore up those christian values and actually surprise us with a good example rather than the typical "do as I say not as I do" mantra we see from the right

Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times
Quote:

uhhhhhhhh, no. just no.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
Prove it.
Prove it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I am gay.. and I most certainly didn't choose it.. the fact that YOU think you know better than ME someone who is gay is insulting..
people like you should be ashamed of yourselves, your ignorance is disgusting and hurtful just so you can preserve your primitive beliefs in your own mind.
I said nothing that is insulting. If you are insulted, you need to thicken your skin a bit. My views also are not primitive. God never grows old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Wow such incredible ignorance in such a small sentence.
Wow, such incredible nothingness in such a small sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Why?
What do you mean, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
uhhhhhhhh, no. just no.
Uhhhh, yes, just yes. Last time I checked, I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.

Can anyone even say something to refute what I said, or is this entire thread just going to turn into hurling insults at those who disagree? If so, then bye bye.

ETA: Nobody even responded to the one unbiased fact in this thread: That gays who wish their partners to have more rights could and should take legal action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies