Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,680 times

Advertisements

If the Republicans were smart they would do just that, attack the costs of the bill. Have hearings and expose how the Democrats tried to pull a fast one about how much this monstrosity really costs. Democrats can say that people will like some things in the bill, but the true cost will have everyone's head spinning.

I'd also look into how the Democrats had big pharma basically write the bill.

Trust me Obama and the Dems don't want another year of health care talk, especially when they can't control the debate like the last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
If the Republicans were smart they would do just that, attack the costs of the bill. Have hearings and expose how the Democrats tried to pull a fast one about how much this monstrosity really costs. Democrats can say that people will like some things in the bill, but the true cost will have everyone's head spinning.

I'd also look into how the Democrats had big pharma basically write the bill.

Trust me Obama and the Dems don't want another year of health care talk, especially when they can't control the debate like the last time.

I've heard it's gonna cost ~ 2 trillion dollars

Do you know what happens when people expose true costs?

Lawrence B. Lindsey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 15, 2002, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Lindsey estimated the high limit on the cost of the Bush administration's plan in 2002 of invasion and regime change in Iraq to be 1-2% of GNP, or about $100–$200 billion.[1] Mitch Daniels, Director of the Office of Management and Budget, subsequently discounted this estimate as "very, very high" and stated that the costs would be between $50–$60 billion.[2] This lower figure was endorsed by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld[2] who called Lindsey's estimate "baloney".[3]

http://costofwar.com/en/

It's a counter.. 767 billion when I clicked the link.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
House Republicans set Jan. 12 vote on repeal of health-care law

And if repeal doesn't work, which of course it won't with obama and his veto pen, they WILL starve the implementation of this monstrosity.

and then of course we have the ruling of unconstitutionality of obamacare mandate, another probably on the way, heading up to SCOTUS.

Here's Speaker Boehner's answer to the Dem Senators, who will have 23 seats on the line in 2012.

Boehner fires back at Dem senators with vow to push forward with repeal - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Some bipartisanship this time around.

House GOP Health Care Repeal Could Pick Up a Few Dem Votes - FoxNews.com

The popularity is worse now than before it passed and the repeal of obamacare has wide public support, so the GOP controlled House has a mandate - they ran against obamacare, the dems had historic losses because of obamacare - so the mandate from the American people is there, to repeal this disaster and CUT the budget.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

"Senators Reid, Durbin, Schumer, Murray and Stabenow:

Thank you for reminding us – and the American people – of the backroom deal that you struck behind closed doors with ‘Big Pharma,’ resulting in bigger profits for the drug companies, and higher prescription drug costs for 33 million seniors enrolled in Medicare Part D, at a cost to the taxpayers of $42.6 billion.

The House is going to pass legislation to repeal that now. You’re welcome.

- Speaker-Designate John Boehner’s Press Office"

Perfect!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
But are you sure I don't already pay for yours

Medicare

I'm kinda tired of carrying the load
Ah come on man, I'm pretty old already. Just a few more years please!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Obamacare's 1099 Tax Form Mandate Killing Small Business | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

http://www.futureofcapitalism.com/20...ealth-care-irs

This is just ONE way Obamacare is killing new job growth.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you think that the law will be retooled like that poster wants to see done? Do you really think that forcing people to buy insurance from anyone is Constitutional? Maybe you need to read the Constitution along with the House people tomorrow.
I don't see how it won't be.

C O M P R O M I S E

Individual mandates will be thrown out, but the rest of it will likely remain. Republicans can say "see, we fixed part of it" and the President can say "We're still covering an additional 4 million people"

Win win for both sides. But complete repeal and defunding won't happen.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't see how it won't be.

C O M P R O M I S E

Individual mandates will be thrown out, but the rest of it will likely remain. Republicans can say "see, we fixed part of it" and the President can say "We're still covering an additional 4 million people"

Win win for both sides. But complete repeal and defunding won't happen.
Throwing out the Mandate would likely turn out pushing us to the single payer system we need. It's funny, the Repubs are all for removing their own idea, an idea that would keep the HC system totally in private hands.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Throwing out the Mandate would likely turn out pushing us to the single payer system we need. It's funny, the Repubs are all for removing their own idea, an idea that would keep the HC system totally in private hands.
I agree. Individual mandates only help serve insurance companies. Its a government order that you have to buy something. Thats over 300 million customers, yippy, of course insurance companies like that.

I've said all along the bill wouldn't be repealed, and it would never go into effect in the form it was passed in.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree. Individual mandates only help serve insurance companies. Its a government order that you have to buy something. Thats over 300 million customers, yippy, of course insurance companies like that.

I've said all along the bill wouldn't be repealed, and it would never go into effect in the form it was passed in.
Is it possible this was Obama and the Dem plan from the beginning? Perhaps they have been thinking for the future, not, like the Repubs, for the immediate sugar high the GOP is feeling right now. That Obama, is pretty bright.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Is it possible this was Obama and the Dem plan from the beginning? Perhaps they have been thinking for the future, not, like the Repubs, for the immediate sugar high the GOP is feeling right now. That Obama, is pretty bright.
There plan from the beginning was to pass something, anything. It'd be fixed later.

This is just how Washington works. Now if they could only fix medicare part D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies