Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
But are you sure I don't already pay for yours

Are you on:
Medicare
Medicaid
In the Military
A Veteran
A family member of active duty military
A federal employee
A state employee
In Congress
An illegal alien
A person under the age of 18

Because the reality is, if you don't belong to the above
groups, your about 30 percent of the rest of us

I'm kinda tired of carrying the load
No to all above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 03:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
As Eugene Robinson points out in a editorial in the Washington Post; "Make My Day"!

Eugene Robinson - A health-care fight Democrats should welcome

Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Yeah, they'll put on a good show. This link says it all...

Republicans simply do not care about Americans, and their real goal is to undo President Obama’s legislative achievements. Republicans eager to paint the Obama Administration as ineffective by repealing health care reform and measures like financial regulation will end up wasting time and energy, but since they have spent the past two years being unproductive, their plans are nothing new.

Americans are still waiting to see exactly how Boehner and his lackeys in the House will create jobs and get the economy moving again. The economy is making slow progress, but Republicans have not contributed to the recovery. They will make a nice show of reading the Constitution and attempting to repeal the health care law, but a nice show is all they can muster. If Republicans think the Senate and President Obama will go along with their austerity measures and legislative malfeasance, they are mistaken.

The Evil Behind The GOP's Mission to Repeal Healthcare Reform

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
President Obama,

"My fellow Americans, Republicans have refused to pass a budget that will fund the healthcare for 3.5 million Americans. I find this unacceptable, and I will refuse to sign any budget that doesn't include money for these poor individuals healthcare."

Next? Are they really going to say they don't want to cover these people? I think not. He is the President for two more years at least, and as such, he has a say in the budget. If they defund it, then the President can say no until they do.
Since the American people are behind the GOP in this battle, I welcome it indeed. Let obama shut down the government because he won't sign appropriations bills without funding to create those 150 NEW federal departments. Can't wait for it.

85% were happy with their HC and because of what the dems and obama did and HOW they did it, those happy with their HC will now pay the price.

Repeal and replace with common sense solutions that lower costs (which obamacare does not), and doesn't have the trickery and budget gimmicks the dems used to shove it down our throats.

The GOP has a mandate from the people on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
HA! The senate will filibuster any right wing attempt to repeal health care reform and even if they want to have some laughs will let it go to the president for him to wipe his rear with it, veto and throw it back in the republicans faces. Sorry repugs, the democrats are still running the show.
You do know that the majority doesn't use the filibuster or has a need for it, don't you?

Since ALL appropriation bills originate in the HOUSE, obama will have a hard time forcing them to include it, especially when they have the PEOPLE behind them.

Bring it on!!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The GOP has a mandate from the people on this.
Actually most Americans don't favor repeal, they favor fixing the bill.

Americans split on health care repeal, new poll finds | NOLA.com

Old 01-04-2011, 03:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:

Don't throw facts at them. Let them believe the ruse the Repubs are playing to make them think their wishes are their command. It's nothing but show, meant for their gullible masses.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:

Oh yes, they do.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

Obamacare is more unpopular now than ever before, because like hag pelosi said, we needed to read the bill to find out what's in it, and people have been reading and finding out just what a disaster it truly is.

I imagine it will get even more unpopular as the ruling of it's unconstitutionality sinks in and another ruling saying the same is likely on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Don't throw facts at them. Let them believe the ruse the Repubs are playing to make them think their wishes are their command. It's nothing but show, meant for their gullible masses.
Haha. What facts? A poll? Here's a poll that says YES to repeal.

the GOP ran on repealing obamacare, they won an HISTORIC election, across the US - those are the FACTS.

Last edited by sanrene; 01-04-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh yes, they do.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

Obamacare is more unpopular now than ever before, because like hag pelosi said, we needed to read the bill to find out what's in it, and people have been reading and finding out just what a disaster it truly is.

I imagine if will get even more unpopular as the ruling of it's unconstitutionality sinks in and another ruling saying the same is likely on the way.
that 60% favor repeal of the national health care law. This includes 46% who Strongly Favor repeal. Thirty-six percent (36%) oppose repeal of the law, with 27% who are Strongly Opposed. (To see survey question wording

From the poll.

That 60% is divided into two groups that aren't listed in this poll, but are on others.

Those, like me, who doesn't like the bill in its current form, and want it changed, not just repealed.

The country is roughly 50/50 on this.

Read my other poll, its a little more accurate.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:

I personally would have no problem with Obamacare as long as they fixed the UNCONSTITUTIONAL part. The government has no right to force us to buy insurance from private companies.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I personally would have no problem with Obamacare as long as they fixed the UNCONSTITUTIONAL part. The government has no right to force us to buy insurance from private companies.
See, someone that the Rasmussen poll lumped into the "favor repeal" category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies