Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
And most of them aren't very smart. We are an inferior species. Well, except for me I guess.
Hey, me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 PM

81 posts, read 106,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword
Depends on how wise one is in the ways of the sword, heheh.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I agree with you. They will over look the fact that a disturbed person will use anything they can use for a weapon.
Bad gun owners just like bad pet owners give everyone a bad name.
So very true, Gun Owners should be responsible Gun Owners. I was raised around Guns my whole life, with a hunting family, yes i hated it, but what was caught, was also cleaned and eaten, not by me. No one in my family was ever hurt or wounded by a gun. And no the children were not around the guns, for they were put in a locked safe. As with everything these days, too many bad gun owners give the rest such a bad name. A disturb person in my opinion should not be allowed around any gun, they can snap at any time. This is sad. If you do own a gun, you should take lessons and learn all about the gun, and how to shoot it, and safety.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM

81 posts, read 106,924 times
Unfortunately, the bad gun owners don't really give the rest of us a bad name, they give themselves a bad name. The problem is liberals who unfairly, unrealistically, and illogically assign the behavior of some morons to the whole of the gun possessing population.

Just so you know C-J, I am aware I'm splitting hairs with what you intended, and basically I agree with that part of what you were saying. I just wanted to illustrate a different perspective.
But that being said, I think you should have eaten what was caught, cleaned and eaten, heheh. Much better for ya than the steroid-laden, genetically modified, feed-lot fattened crap most of us eat (Admittedly, I'd prefer a big mac over most deer-burgers myself, truth be told, but man . . . .that venison backstrap . . . YUM! They don't serve that at Mickey-D's)

Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 AM

24,434 posts, read 23,092,690 times
I'd be more interested to know what kind of video and computer games or movies they kid liked. Violent games, violent movies, that sort of thing. If he had rage issues, then no guns should have been in the house. Kids act out on impulse and have very little self control to begin with.
The school shooting yesterday is another case that bares discussion.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I agree with you. They will over look the fact that a disturbed person will use anything they can use for a weapon.
Bad gun owners just like bad pet owners give everyone a bad name.
If you KNOW you have an unstable person in the house then

1 - Why would you have guns in the house?

2 - If you made the decision to have guns in the house why weren't the weapons SECURED?

At the very least one has to call the judgement of the parents into question.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
If people were stable, no one would need guns.
There are plenty of countries around the world where people don't "Need" guns. Ironically I was talking ot an associate in Korea yesterday and he expressed concern about vacationing in America because in his mind "People have guns and they are shooting each other". I had to dispel this myth and expain that yes it does happen but it's not something he should be worried about as long as he doesn't go to any dangerous neighborhoods.

The point is that there are people in the world who happen to get along just fine without guns.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,500,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If you KNOW you have an unstable person in the house then

1 - Why would you have guns in the house?

2 - If you made the decision to have guns in the house why weren't the weapons SECURED?

At the very least one has to call the judgement of the parents into question.
my $.02---the parents probably disagreed and fought a lot--creating an environment that was 'unstable' in general. Guessing---there were 4 kids in the home---one brother had a different last name---possibly a different father?--there could be many factors that contributed to this tragedy.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Boy, 10, shoots mother dead | The Australian

Sad story, but you know someone is going to say "should they have guns in the house?"

Its not the guns, its the kid, he was mentally unstable and the family knew it. They still let him have guns, knowing that. Its the boy and the families fault, plain and simple.

I hate it when people try and make all responsible gun owners sound like these idiots.
Only an idiot would blame the gun (but they're out there!).

Funny, the same idiots who blame guns don't blame the
  • automobile in auto accidents
  • drugs in overdoses
  • knives in muggings
  • ropes in suicides
  • sticks in beatings
  • the oil in oil spills

But oddly enough they blame the
  • food for obesity
  • rich for the poor
  • smart for the dumb
  • healthy for the sick
  • good for the bad.
The list goes on but most of us can see the pattern and the common denominator.

EDIT;
I almost forgot a biggie, above in red^^^

Last edited by PCincorrect; 01-06-2011 at 07:24 AM..

Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,070,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There are plenty of countries around the world where people don't "Need" guns. Ironically I was talking ot an associate in Korea yesterday and he expressed concern about vacationing in America because in his mind "People have guns and they are shooting each other". I had to dispel this myth and expain that yes it does happen but it's not something he should be worried about as long as he doesn't go to any dangerous neighborhoods.

The point is that there are people in the world who happen to get along just fine without guns.
Like Glasgow for example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies