Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Actually there were people on here wishing for the current POTUS to die. What does that tell you?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually there were people on here wishing for the current POTUS to die. What does that tell you?
There still are people on here who wish it. I work with a guy who actually came out and said it some months ago and i had to be restrained.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
If you take a look at history, it is always people from the left that end up getting murdered. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm x, Olof Palme...

For going against there parties and the people that elected them.

Better yet, look at the political past of those that did the deed.
That speaks volume.

Kennedy refused to sign the Civil rights act, a few times as Senator and as President.
MLK was a staunch Republican. Facing long jail or even death sitting in a southern jail, MLK made a deal with the devil.
Malcom X was about as radical as it gets. He himself called for violence.
Who is Olof Palme???

Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I guess it just proves 0bama is 400% worse.
And thank you for once AGAIN proving that righties approve killing opponents....

Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
I am curious as to what the point of this thread is. If it to point out that those that serve as Reps of the People are in danger, I agree. If it is an attempt to attack the other guys because your guy was threatened then I find it ludicrous and classless. Every President is threatened and if you were honest the Present President has had more threats made against him than any other in recent history, so does that mean the right has more crazies than the left, the actual answer is no. Besides it only takes one nut case to destroy the peace and lives. In the current case the shooter is neither a rightie or leftie, he held views from both sides, but when really looked at closely he is turning out to be nohing more than a nutcase with a gun that had a major break with reality. To me the answer is to ensure our Reps are protected as much as possible, try harder when it comes to identifing those with serious mental issues and getting them either on meds or put in an institution where they may find some help, and try and do our part in toning down some of the rhetoric (some are just too weak minded to understand political fighting American style).
Casper

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gosh darned conservatives just won't shut up!

You get the picture, right?
No. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was a 400 % increase on presidental death threats when Obama took office. Just saying.....

President Obama faces an increase of 400% in death threats a day | Crooks and Liars
debunked.

Quote:
NORTON: Please don't assign to me a number in my question. I just asked you if the threats were up. Are the threats up or not, Mr. Sullivan?

SULLIVAN: They are not. The threats right now in the inappropriate interest that we're seeing is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point

Read more: CNN's Sanchez Retracts His Claim of a 400 Percent Increase in Presidential Death Threats | NewsBusters.org
just sayin.'

Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
That might be so if it were true. So far as I can see, it isn't. The Constitution still works just fine and excesses are eventually corrected through the system, just as they're supposed to be.

Just because we don't happen to like some of the things they do doesn't mean it isn't Constitutional.

What's more troubling to me, and ulitimately as dangerous as anything, is just how little knowledge we as a people have about the Constitution and it's principles. Not knowing how our government operates under the Constitution makes everything look like some kind of conspiracy when, it fact, it may not be.

Such misunderstandings, based upon ignorance, are the breeding ground of charlatan's and hate-mongers, the ammunition of tyrannts and poison to our democracy.

Article I | LII / Legal Information Institute

Operates and is supposed to operate are two different things.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:21 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And thank you for once AGAIN proving that righties approve killing opponents....
Fail. Unfortunately all it proves is bias and blindness by composer.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
There were LOTS of 'em.

Just sayin', mind you...

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

The fundamental disconnect lost on people like you is people hated Bush BECAUSE of his propensity for violence against innocent human beings.

Your false equivalency does not work with rational people, but goes over well with people like the Tuscon shooter.
Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies