Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The rhetoric comes from the left side of the aisle.
There is no possible way a thinking person could have drawn that conclusion from the email.

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There has been tons of garbage like this all day. The mods have been pretty good about stopping it for the most part, but the repugs keep posting the same "it's the left's fault!" trash over and over and over. Just hit the report button on the OP. Hopefully the mods suspend or ban these people.
Oh look,you are reaching across the aisle...bravo.

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
"JC" did not come to dis, but to save... since you ask.
Sure he did; then why are his followers so filled with hatred for their fellow man?
BTW, there's no proof that there's a god nor that a Jesus guy ever existed.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
The OP is rhetoric.

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
MODS, didn't you close down another link by this very same poster spewing the same BS. Can we get these threads merged together. Title it "my party are perfect angels, your party is satan"
It's about truth.

I said earlier that the right exists to say these things.

I also agree that it's not good that we discuss these things instead on focusing on the shooter, and the lives lost, and the recovery of Giffords. But I have a hard time letting untruth being put out there go unchallenged.

The left, who puts out stuff like this, ...

Climate of Hate

...should be looked at and publicly pressured (not with regulations) to change their tactic. But they can't win with regular debate - so this is what they do.

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Are you kidding me? When does it stop, where does it end? I agree that rhetoric is coming from both sides, but it is the right-wing that keeps throwing the 2nd amendment, "the goverment wants to take away your freedom," anti goverment rhetoric in the mix. The left is angry but not trying to invoke violence on the sly (or not so sly in some cases).

Let's keep it real here. Ever since the current POTUS was elected, I have heard more talk of overthrowing the government than ever and it certainly isn't coming from the left. There is nothing wrong with talk but when innocent people are murdered, there is a problem. Clearly the shooter was a lunatic but let's not act like we can't see what's in front of our eyes. When people are driven by fear and hatred, they will eventually drive off the deep end and when they have no regard for their own life, they can't be expected to have any for another. The right-wing fringe element is creating a monster that they will not be able to tame.

That's funny.

During the 8 years of Bush, I heard loads of screaming about fixed or stolen elections, shredding the Constitution, and yes, that wonderful gem, where is my country?

The Lefists drivel hit a crescendo when it tried to portray Bush as worse than Hitler, an accusation that leaves me puzzled to this day. It was supposedly due to his actions in the so-called War on Terror. You know, FACTSPLEASE, those actions that President Obama, Saint of Humanity, is continuing with the requisite enthusiasm.

Of course, it did not bother you, Factsplease, because you did not like Bush and thus gladly pawned your objectivity for the sake of hurling 8 years worth of zingers. And now its being done to your guy. And of course, that is wrong.

Now, why don't you explain exactly why it was acceptable to do it to Bush, but somehow wrong to do it to Obama?

And the shooter is mentally ill. Mental Illness is not caused by drugs or rhetoric from the Right or the Left. It is a disease that originates in the individual, possibly from chemical inbalances. If rhetoric, ANY RHETORIC, could cause people to go on shooting sprees, we would see a great deal more of it. No doubt you, FACTSPLEASE, would be blasting away an any GOPer you could find.

Good grief...

Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Can we get these threads merged together. Title it "my party are perfect angels, your party is satan"
Then CD's political forum would be just one big thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:25 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
That's funny.

During the 8 years of Bush, I heard loads of screaming about fixed or stolen elections, shredding the Constitution, and yes, that wonderful gem, where is my country?

The Lefists drivel hit a crescendo when it tried to portray Bush as worse than Hitler, an accusation that leaves me puzzled to this day. It was supposedly due to his actions in the so-called War on Terror. You know, FACTSPLEASE, those actions that President Obama, Saint of Humanity, is continuing with the requisite enthusiasm.

Of course, it did not bother you, Factsplease, because you did not like Bush and thus gladly pawned your objectivity for the sake of hurling 8 years worth of zingers. And now its being done to your guy. And of course, that is wrong.

Now, why don't you explain exactly why it was acceptable to do it to Bush, but somehow wrong to do it to Obama?

And the shooter is mentally ill. Mental Illness is not caused by drugs or rhetoric from the Right or the Left. It is a disease that originates in the individual, possibly from chemical inbalances. If rhetoric, ANY RHETORIC, could cause people to go on shooting sprees, we would see a great deal more of it. No doubt you, FACTSPLEASE, would be blasting away an any GOPer you could find.

Good grief...
Very well said.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sure he did; then why are his followers so filled with hatred for their fellow man?
We shouldn't be. You are right in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
BTW, there's no proof that there's a god nor that a Jesus guy ever existed.
It is by faith (not necessarily proof) that I accept whom I believe in (Heb. 11:3).

Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
For many the victim that received a bullet in the head is just one of 'them'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies