Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 AM

74 posts, read 78,863 times

Advertisements

As I read about the accounts of the tragic shootings and acts of violence toward our government officials and the response on how to deal with it, I feel the public is making a huge mistake in trying to solve the problem by calling for an end to the rhetoric they feel is causing the situations over which they are concerned to develop.

The issue here is not about rhetoric but rather on the government along with corporate America not listening to the people on what they want accomplished rather what the selfish individuals in these entities want and eventually get through selfishly IMPOSED legislation.

When it comes to Corporate America we find corporations more interested in making money than valuing human life in the process. Just look at the health care industry, including the pharmaceutical corporations on how much they charge, even pushing drugs on the public which have serious or DEADLY side effects to make more money all the while they know these drugs can and do kill people.

What people seem not to realize is many people in this country because of the wrongdoing in government and corporate America are actually dying, starving and losing their jobs as well as their homes. When this happens people will get desperate. They know who is at fault and why. Just look at some of their actions in this area--people in certain towns in California near riot over their officials making more than the President which resulted in these officials being removed from office with several facing trial as well--the person in Florida shooting members of the school board for overburdening him with more taxes and on and on it goes.

I myself get furiously angry at the wrongdoing going on at the hands of corporate America and our government--sometimes I feel I would like to annihilate the whole bunch myself but my respect and reverence for all sentient life will not allow me to take such action. I am a senior citizen myself only having Social Security income to make it and know if SS and Medicare fail I along with many others will go down with it--not a very pretty thought for us.

And all of this anger in my heart--it's because of all the deliberate inaction by our government and Corporate America which could cause me to lose everything I have and maybe starve on the streets without even a roof over my head. Do you think reasoning with these people will accomplish anything? HECK NO! I and many others have tried through letters, phone calls and rallies and they still won't listen.

We must continue to stand our ground doing everything that is legal, moral and ethical to accomplish our goals,and not theirs. If necessary we must reorganize the militia of the several states according to and MANDATED by the U. S. Constitution, march up there and throw them out. If our forefathers thought it right to get rid of tyrannical government and put it into the Constitution, we should not feel intimidated either to use this prescribed means of dealing with a corporate interest government all out to destroy this nation and turn it into part of One World Government.

I DEPLORE THE ONGOING VIOLENCE, CONDEMN IT AND WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO PREVENT IT AS EVERY CITIZEN SHOULD but in our Constitution it gives us the right to rid ourselves of tyrannical government and we should not fear exercising that right hopefully in a non-lethal or violent manner.

Until we can remove the source for all this violence all the talking about getting together to reconcile our difference will not put a dent in these ever increasing acts of violence.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,281,456 times
This latest incident had nothing to do with politics, government or rhetoric. Classic case of Schizophrenia. Should have been monitored on medication.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
I understand your frustration but still suggest you chill out before the stress cuts you down. Anger can damage your heart.

Indeed our politics have been stolen by corporatists and financiers but without drastic reform there is nothing we can do about the institutionalized thievery. Just continue to work to keep Social Security, Medicate and Medicare out of the corrupted private financial system for at least as long as we have left.

Too bad the next couple of generations are going to pay the price of having their homes stolen through speculative mortgage schemes and their 401K investments devastated by stock market gamblers. Eventually the big boys that rule our government and economy will also suffer during the inevitable complete collapse. Then there will be some controls on the financiers and safe places for workers to put their retirements.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
You said exactly how I feel about this. Your thread makes so much sense, it will probably go nowhere. I really hate it that some are using this to make political hay and try to put even more control on what should be a free country.

There are some differences that cannot be reconciled because they are just plain wrong. Don't try to push wrong things on American citizens by using guilt over one senseless act. The real problems are in those that try to stop free speech. To have our government listen to us telling them we want our country safe by removing those that do not belong here, etc. and etc. would be a start to solving the problem.

Have you seen any sign that this government realizes it is the problem. I haven't. All I am hearing is that they want to use this incident to get even bigger. Government is too big already. And I agree with you that corporate America needs to act in a more humane way also.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I understand your frustration but still suggest you chill out before the stress cuts you down. Anger can damage your heart.

Indeed our politics have been stolen by corporatists and financiers but without drastic reform there is nothing we can do about the institutionalized thievery. Just continue to work to keep Social Security, Medicate and Medicare out of the corrupted private financial system for at least as long as we have left.

Too bad the next couple of generations are going to pay the price of having their homes stolen through speculative mortgage schemes and their 401K investments devastated by stock market gamblers. Eventually the big boys that rule our government and economy will also suffer during the inevitable complete collapse. Then there will be some controls on the financiers and safe places for workers to put their retirements.
Had you ever thought about the idea that people should take responsibility for their own actions. Luckily when the stock market crashed I had just changed to more conservative choices and lost very little in my 401K. I am the one that controlled how my money was managed. Most people with 401K's have the choice as to how their money is managed also. I guess it is much easier to blame someone else for your bad choices than it is to educate yourself.

When you buy a house there is a full disclosure as to how the loan works. In my opinion, only an idiot would get a loan that does not pay off part of the loan with the payments. Anything else is just renting from the bank and you don't even have a set rent rate. Nobody made someone sign papers to that effect. That was a free personal choice. I personally would never sign a loan that did not have a set interest rate. Most people borrow as much as they can afford for a house payment. If you cannot afford a larger house payment then do not sign for a loan that changes. Buy the size house that you can afford with a fixed interest rate. I know you want the same size house as your friend, but if you cannot afford it, don't sign on the dotted line. If you do that and lose your house, that is nobody's fault but yours.

Government regulations are not needed if people get an education instead of shooting spit wads across the classroom

As for anger damaging the heart. That may be true, but there are some of us that are more concerned about our country left for our grandchildren than we are concerned about ourselves. Do I want to preserve myself and see my country go down the tubes. This country means a lot to me and I love the American way of life. There are men giving their lives every day so we can stay free. I would like for my grandchildren to enjoy the free choices I enjoyed most of my life. This country is headed in a wrong direction and needs to open their eyes while we are still almost free. Government should not be a nanny. My grandchildren are smart enough to make their own decisions. And the only thing this government owes them is to keep them safe from invasion of other countries so they can live their own lives.

Last edited by NCN; 01-11-2011 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
What I am really complaining about is the flim-flam men that took advantage of less than bright prospective homeowners by cleverly deceiving them. Add the financiers that have subverted the government to borrow and spend huge amounts of money on the people that did not need it. The stimulus was needed to keep up money flow but would have been better spent on repairs to our infrastructure and the redevelopment of nuclear energy.

I do take responsibility for my personal actions. My 401K lost very little (actually nothing because I did not sell anything) during the crash and my home did not drop below the value of the mortgage. Read my posts on the limits to free speech or gun ownership for my position on taking responsibility for my actions.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Yes but the key is not to mistake those who are sick, for how most of us feel. Perhaps we have our issues with the Government, however a sane person, does not act upon or carry out what their sick mind is telling them to do. A mentally ill, or sick deranged mind, needs no reason to carry out a act such as this magnitude. Ban Guns, i guarantee people will still find ways to get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies