Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,009,290 times

Advertisements

Tin Knocker you hit on a topic and I am not sure you knew it. You did, but didn't get into it. We should ban cars because criminals use them to transport themselves and what ever they steal, ..........right? We should ban clothing too, since criminals wear clothing, Hey why not ban food since criminal eat........ right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,017,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I see no need at all for handguns.
Then don't buy one. Strange as it may seem to you your personal opinion has no bearing on those of us that choose to exercise our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Tin Knocker you hit on a topic and I am not sure you knew it. You did, but didn't get into it. We should ban cars because criminals use them to transport themselves and what ever they steal, ..........right? We should ban clothing too, since criminals wear clothing, Hey why not ban food since criminal eat........ right?
This is the lamest straw man I have ever seen...Guns are designed to kill, unlike the other things you mention..You are comparing apples to chainsaws.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,991,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is the lamest straw man I have ever seen...Guns are designed to kill, unlike the other things you mention..You are comparing apples to chainsaws.
Guns are designed to kill yes. But can an unattended gun that hasn't been touched by anyone kill? No way in hell, unless the ghost loaded the gun itself

Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,012,761 times
The obsession with guns in America is beyond absurd.

Stun guns are fine and should be legalized in order to stun anyone who is trying to attack, rob, or rape you.

But guns that blast out bullets to maim and kill others are just deplorable. We need to have vast limitations on guns. Guns are just another antiquated tool that were useful hundreds of years ago; but serve very little purpose today.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 AM

922 posts, read 1,911,983 times
Stun guns are fine and should be legalized in order to stun anyone who is trying to attack, rob, or rape you. Guns are just another antiquated tool that were useful hundreds of years ago; but serve very little purpose today.[/quote]

Stun guns are another tool you can use, like a gun. If all we need is a stun gun, why does law enforcement still carry a gun that can kill? What purposes did guns serve hundreds of years ago?

Old 01-18-2011, 01:58 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,012,761 times
The police use guns because of shoot-outs. Shoot-outs are caused by gun violence.

Stun guns are set to stun not to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Stun guns are fine and should be legalized in order to stun anyone who is trying to attack, rob, or rape you. Guns are just another antiquated tool that were useful hundreds of years ago; but serve very little purpose today.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,923,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Stun guns are set to stun not to kill.
The stun guns that shoot barbs attached to wires only have 1 shot. What if you miss? What if the perp is wearing heavy clothes? Both barbs have to make contact with skin to work. The hand held stun "guns" still need bare skin but since they don't shoot, you are in direct contact with the bad guy. That is never the first choice. They want to neutralize the threat long before it comes in contact with them.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,009,290 times
Guns may have been around a few years, no doubt, but so have your lefty pet violent offenders and sick wackos. I suggest you lefty gun grabbers ban your pets. The rest of us may stop them by any means necessary. Since you cherish these pets keep them home and out of my way.

My goal is to simply stop them. If the means causes them to stop wasting air on this side of the grass that's their bee's wax not mine.

All the time cops shoot robbers who steal simple money. I never would do that myself. I just stop the violent amoungst you.

I spend quality time with my friends, my son and my wife target shooting. I hunt, and i hope i scare lunatic politicians who would like to play dictator.

The fact many of you lefties don't like it, bothers me not a bit.

Sanspur, I never once mentioned apples or chain saws. I own 2 very good chain saws but never used one in self defence yet. I am not interested in cleaning up a mess that bad.

And i have never fired any apple projectiles, close as I have been to that idea is a potatoe gun I built with my son. I found that wasn't very accurate, and at around 300 yards broke the windshield on a buddies van for it. Oh well, windshields only cost money. My buddy was in fits of laughter laying on the ground. I thought he was off his rocker, and I was down on my kness telling hom I will PAY. He just continued laughing untill he ran out of breath.

If I could shoot a violenmt pet of yours with a tater gun once to experimant it might offer some limited self defence. I am sure the tater would knock your pet down at least.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 01-18-2011 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,234,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And people with guns kill with guns.
Some use their bare hands.... what'cha gonna do about that little number?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies