Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gave a better speech today?
Obama 84 68.29%
Palin 25 20.33%
I didn't like either 14 11.38%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

I have not heard either speech yet but I was surprised to see that Sarah P. had responded at all.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Obama spoke to a unified country this evening with compassion, strength, and sincerity. Laying aside political ideology to remind us that we are all Americans first and that we must move forward from this tragedy together. A powerful narrative that rallied Tuscon and America to it's feet with a positive message born from the aftermath of a national disaster. Tonight President Obama showed why he was voted the President of the United States. I applaud him for this speech, and I applaud the Obama's for their leadership.

Palin on the other hand, provided a video in which she took the opportunity once again to be the victim. Her response to this senseless tragedy? A narcissistic, grandiose, and nails on the chalk board speech. While I think it would have been better if she stayed silent, she could have taken this opportunity to reach out and show America a different side. Instead viewers got more of the same: A self consumed pity party who could think of nothing but herself.

Her speech has been highly criticized from both the left and the right, and I think she simply talked herself out of any chance for ever being the front runner for the Republican party in 2012. She blew it tonight, big time.

In the end, tonight we saw why Obama is our President, why Palin is not, and most importantly why she never will be.
That is Obama's job.

I understand not recognizing that, he rarely does it.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Haven't listened to either,I try not to get excited by speechwriters words.

Only the easily fooled fall in love with spoken words.
I'm very much in love with spoken words.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
The Rabid Right will snarl, snap and grasp at any little scrap of anti-Obama bits like a mangy, tick-bitten junkyard dog with a bone.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
So let's get this straight. You think that since it was her husband who TOLD THE PRESIDENT TO ANNOUNCE THAT SHE OPENED HER EYES FOR THE FIRST TIME her husband LIED ABOUT THIS? After all, he sat right in front of the president while he spoke those words and nodded his head as they were spoken. SO really, what you are saying is that Gaby's HUSBAND lied.

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I'm very much in love with spoken words.
The Germans had this guy who was good at speaking....

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What in the world are you talking about. What link is needed to read it. Everyone....except some who critize it having not seen it....WATCHED IT and SAW her husband sitting right there when the president announced it...sitting right there when the president SAID HER HUSBAND told him to announce it ... sitting right there and nodding when the president said it. WE SAW IT WITH OUR OWN TWO EYES.....as would have anyone not blinded by hate.

So you are left with two choices. Either HER HUSBAND LIED or the reporting wasn't clear. You choose.
OR...if obama was embellishing, what would you expect him to do? I really don't believe anything that comes out of obama's mouth, sorry.

Even I was stunned that he would risk such a huge lie that could be rebutted by previous news reports on her condition.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ah, the haters! Even though there IS article on Jan 9th saying she can open her eyes.

Is this what you define as hate?

Reading and citing a legitimate news story...just because it doesn't jibe with what obama said tonight?

See, I knew I had read it, heard about it BEFORE tonight...and I was RIGHT.
Yes yes, we are the haters! And that makes the libs . . . the lovers! Yes, they are the lovers! We just may bristle at the way they love on us.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And where is this link, so we can read it ourselves...or are you just relying on the story obama told tonight?
If you would have listened to the doctors they never mentioned that she opened her eyes. I am sure they know better than you, don't you think?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
I turned the channel when that lying POS came on. I can't stand to see him or listen to his lies. He went to get on camera, he could care less about the people who were shot, it just ruined a good day for golf.
People get killed every day in Arizona by illegal's and he sues the state when they try to solve the problem.
This situation was higher profile, so he had to play the game and pretend like he cares. He doesn't...!
He is a loser no matter how you slice it..!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies