Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times

Advertisements

I'll pass-I'd rather see Alec Baldwin on Hannity-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
I like Alec Baldwin. He's smart and funny. I like his movies.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Has nothing to do with being tough or girly. Has to do with not giving her harshest, most loony critics a ratings bonanza.

She said as much about Letterman as he was clamoring for her to come on his show. She said something to the effect, why should on go on his show and boost his ratings.
I understand that may be one of the reasons she touts for hiding away from some interviewers. However, what's wrong with her going on a show like Charlie Rose? I was serious about that. There's no possible excuse that we know of why she can't. Other than fear.

No, she won't go on Letterman's show because I believe she's afraid of him. You may not like him or his type of humor, but he is an intelligent and sharp-witted person. She simply cannot keep up with people like that.

Even John McCain had the huevos to go on Letterman's show and apologize for standing him up (as in not showing up when he was scheduled to).

PS: I've seen a lot of girly women who are tough as nail on the inside ~
I'm talking about sissies, scaredy cats, yellow-bellies, etc.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
I wish I had cable - or not.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
I understand that may be one of the reasons she touts for hiding away from some interviewers. However, what's wrong with her going on a show like Charlie Rose? I was serious about that. There's no possible excuse that we know of why she can't. Other than fear.

No, she won't go on Letterman's show because I believe she's afraid of him. You may not like him or his type of humor, but he is an intelligent and sharp-witted person. She simply cannot keep up with people like that.

Even John McCain had the huevos to go on Letterman's show and apologize for standing him up (as in not showing up when he was scheduled to).
Nonsense. She can more than take him on. She is definitely not afraid of him and I agree with her philosophy of not giving ratings boosts to those that have so viciously attacked her.

Also, being a FN contributor probably has restrictions about going on the competition.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
I like Alec Baldwin. He's smart and funny. I like his movies.
Didn't he win a Father of the year award?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Nonsense. She can more than take him on. She is definitely not afraid of him and I agree with her philosophy of not giving ratings boosts to those that have so viciously attacked her.

Also, being a FN contributor probably has restrictions about going on the competition.
So why not go on a show that may be slightly independent rather than an interview with someone who is going to do a soft interview.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
She's not afraid of Letterman.
He was disgustingly rude regarding her children.

Letterman is an idiot and showed his true colors with the scandle regarding his intern.
He's basically a pig who's best days are long over.

Why should she do him the honor of going on his show and boosting his ratings?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So why not go on a show that may be slightly independent rather than an interview with someone who is going to do a soft interview.
Why should she? She has no obligation to go on any of them, other than her duties with Fox.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now we will get a 'fair and balanced' examination of the Palin doctrine? Hannity will certainly get to the nitty gritty.

Palin To Do TV Interview Monday - NYTimes.com
Damage control 101, just like here, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies