Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I can hardly wait to see the Carlin clips being played at the next GOP Convention

Mark Levin has played George Carlin during his radio show. And you probably can't find anyone more conservative on the radio than Mark Levin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
If I remember correctly, George Carlin always claimed to be a Libertarian... probably why I loved him so much.

I had the great pleasure seeing him perform live twice, and those were the funniest hours of my life - my sides & cheeks hurt for DAYS, seriously.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
I miss George, the antidote for Limbore, Beck, et al....................................
I miss him, too. He was brilliant.

Now, for intelligent, insightful commentary on politics and world affairs, and sheer comedy gold, we have Dane Cook.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Loved that guy, so did my husband, he was funny, but in a realy sense of the way, he knew exactly what was going on in this Country, and was not afraid to crack jokes about it.

Why couldn't politicinas take a stance from good old George . We can learn a thing or two from George. We could take most anything he says, and apply it even now, to certain politicians, or certain news casters, or news papers, or The News Media in General.

Because so much of what he says rings a bell somehow. When he was doing his thing, if one did not open their eyes when he was talking, there was something wrong.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?source=...watch-headline

(Warning Adult Language) This clip tells the truth about where the working person stands in this country and why the educational system is as poor as it is.
Typical misguided liberal (he always was).

He never realized that the nation was bought and sold by the trial lawyer's association and thier ownership of the democratic party. That is the real oligopoly in the US and an impediment to social mobility and free commerce. The US has always been a nation in which a poor man could rise to become rich through education and hard work. Only losers and the lazy could complain about access in the US. Want to find a villian? It is not industry- it is the trial lawyer's association and thier democratic puppets.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

He never realized that the nation was bought and sold by the trial lawyer's association and thier ownership of the democratic party. That is the real oligopoly in the US and an impediment to social mobility and free commerce. The US has always been a nation in which a poor man could rise to become rich through education and hard work. Only losers and the lazy could complain about access in the US. Want to find a villian? It is not industry- it is the trial lawyer's association and thier democratic puppets.
If you refuse to look at the whole equation, you will never see the solution to the problem.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:17 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He nailed lamestream media news, to the wall!

He sounded just like BECK... scary isn't it!

Wonder what the date of that show was?
Carlin just like Beck? I think not.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Really? Was it a progressive handing out tobacco lobby checks on the House floor? Seems as though he was describing who OWNS government and that goes for both sides of the aisle.
Can I get a nonpartisan Amen!

For me, it's not hard to imagine a place where the general public, regardless of political beliefs, is chronically distracted, via mainstream media, by the powers that be (corporations, investment banks, SEC, Federal Reserve etc.)...when all the while, those same powers raiding the company store so-to-speak. Where sides are drawn and issues are all too often, packaged in over simplified black and white terms. Those messages are delivered 24 /7 by so-called experts like opium to an addict. All under the supposed guise of the truth.

Yeah. Having listened to George quite a bit back in the day, that's sort of the message I got from him when politics were his main topic. He did rail against government control but I always got the sense it was more to point out institutional oppression than to express any political alliance. To label him a Conservative (note the capital C) would probably cause him to roll over in his grave, bottom up in a kiss my *ss fashion.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I can hear George saying now..."Opinions are like *ssholes. Everyone has them and they tend to smell."

That being said, IMO, at the risk of stinking, I'll bet lawyers, be they perceived liberals or conservatives, including politicians that spend their elected days getting laws passed and then their post office days defending those laws, are at the core of many of our country's problems.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
If you refuse to look at the whole equation, you will never see the solution to the problem.
I agree- Carlin failed to look at the situation objectively. Being a liberal, George Carlin chose to ignore liberal political forces, particularly the trial lawyer's association and Bill Clinton's trade policies, which have neutered America. No liberal can face these facts, as they are uncomfortable realities that shake one's core beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies