Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Obviously he did. Obviously his liberal perspective was clear enough for them to be very fearful of him.
Fearful of Olbermann? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
This thread is NOT about Obama. It's about Olbermann. O'Reilly is in the ballpark because he's also a talking head on TV.

Getting on TV and saying that only "God" knows how the tides work is a far cry from misstating the number of states in the US, just for the record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier
Does your "standard" regarding "mental instability" apply to Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh as well....and Sarah Palin?
Quote:
If you think Obama is far left, you just may be delusional.
Quote:
That "example" does not hold a candle to some of Glenn Beck's statements.....killing someone with a shovel....shooting followers in the head...etc
Not good form to debase (like the first quote) others posts, then do this.

Pot, kettle.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:46 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I guess those right wing hosts don't bother you though eh silas?
Such as who......Beck, Limbaugh, what I know of Beck, is pretty libertarian, has encouraged people to return to faith and family, love of country has emphasized the Constitution and Blacks who were part of starting this country. Limbaugh ? Really ? I am only assuming those are who you are talking about ....they are the usual names the left obsesses about ....but the reality is there is no comparison of some one who believes in faith, family,personal responsibility and all that is good and decent to some one like olberman maddow odonnell mahre and their ilk. I know that is painful for some of you to hear but, that is just reality.........not to be too general but,that is basically the difference between Conservatism and Liberalism. Hope that answers your question.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Fearful of Olbermann? LOL!
Must be comparable to the left's fear of Palin and/or the Tea Party.

Actually ol' Kieth got a great deal. His new bosses just paid him $14 mil to keep his mouth shut and stay off the tube.

That Maddow guy has all the answers. Hmmmm, I mean, "I don't know any of the facts" and then go on about those 'facts' on camera. Now who has done that same thing?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:50 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Bill Mahre......closely rivals olberman for disgusting hatefulness, eulogizes his comrade. Maybe Bill, Keith and Tom leykus could all get together and have one big Filthy hour of tearing people apart. Rachel Maddow & Bill Maher React To Keith Olbermann’s Ouster – Deadline.com
Yeah, they could create a left slanted talk radio network and call it Air America. Oh, wait, that's been tried already and failed.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:50 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
"Liberal media is dying"........that's a joke. It has been long gone. The media is run by right-wingers! Who is the owner of FOX?

Maybe this (liberalism is dying) is happening along with the "dumbing down" of America? What is the rating of our students compared to the rest of the world? That should give you a hint.
Since most teachers are liberal, I say the "dumbing down" of America is their fault.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Must be comparable to the left's fear of Palin and/or the Tea Party.

Actually ol' Kieth got a great deal. His new bosses just paid him $14 mil to keep his mouth shut and stay off the tube.

That Maddow guy has all the answers. Hmmmm, I mean, "I don't know any of the facts" and then go on about those 'facts' on camera. Now who has done that same thing?
Nothing wrong with the Tea Party, as long as they arent promoting Palins agenda. They may have something to contribute.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:16 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi8cyw86zxE

Jon Stewart on Olbermann.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I dont need to resort to tricks and I dont need to convince any one else about olbermans sanity......I think it is pretty clear to most people.
Obviously that's what you're doing. Most people in my world totallyl disagree with your perspective. So what you're saying is that "most people" you know see it your way? How can you possible speak for "most people" in this country?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:34 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Since most teachers are liberal, I say the "dumbing down" of America is their fault.
"Most teachers" are liberal you say? How do you know that? The dumbing down of American is not just in our educational system.....it's on the TV machine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies