Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 03:56 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
To be honest...I don't know and neither does anyone else besides Olbermann and the powers that be for now.

I am just glad that he is gone. I think his leaving sends a message to his ilk and that is what bothers you most.
His "ilk".........lol.... What a word!

Indeed it does "send a message", a very chilling message, to Olbermann fans/viewers and liberals. That bothers me very much. They just shut down not only Olbermann specifically, but they shut down so many of the guests on his show, journalists, politicians, academics, on and on. I found those perspectives very valuable and informative. Those of you who wouldn't watch Countdown because you didn't want to hear any opposing political perspectives/opinions missed a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It amazing that the right is celebrating silencing a left-winger. I bet ya if this happened to a righty, they would cry censorship.

No one has silenced him. Or censored him. Is there some law that says once you get fired you are not allowed to speak any longer.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yeah, 'cause conservatives are a bunch of slacker bums. They don't have busy jobs at all. And they definitely don't have full lives. Are you serious?

This conservative is also much too busy to listen to talk radio during the day. On the other hand, my most liberal friend listens to NPR all day long.
Well,why is it you think that right-wing talk radio flourishes and liberal talk radio fails? WHO do you think is listening to the right wing talk radio?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Yes, that's where my money is. Comcast owning a network is not going to be in the publics interest in any manner.

What we have here is another Fox network that will be just as repressive with honest news as Faux is. That is IMO why Keith left and I look for Rachel to follow.
You actually think keef 'left' voluntarily?
Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
His "ilk".........lol.... What a word!

Indeed it does "send a message", a very chilling message, to Olbermann fans/viewers and liberals. That bothers me very much. They just shut down not only Olbermann specifically, but they shut down so many of the guests on his show, journalists, politicians, academics, on and on. I found those perspectives very valuable and informative. Those of you who wouldn't watch Countdown because you didn't want to hear any opposing political perspectives/opinions missed a lot.
Nobody was shut down.

All those people you speak of are free to tell their hate-filled, violence-provoking lies elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Comcast has been known for its anti progressive, pro corporate stances in the past, and I'm not surprised in the least they would go after Olbermann, and I doubt he is surprised either.

Keith will be back, he is bigger than his 'Countdown" show, and was one of the first in the media to openly challenge the lies of the neocons and their war crimes in Iraq.

God speed Keith, see you soon (hopefully)
And the sooner the better.

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
How could anyone watch his guests if they can't stand to watch him? I could take only about 2 seconds of him. Thank God for the remote control.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:01 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Context. Try to think context.

I brought up the example of Bill O'Reilly not knowing how tides work to show that there is a dumbing down on TV............NOT to discuss tides and the reason for them. THAT would be taking the thread completely off topic. See?

Not going to participate in taking a thread completely off topic.
Here's the reality of your context, you brought it up to imply that O'reilly was part of the "dumbing down" of America yet you have no knowledge of the cause of gravity either. How can someone who knows nothing about the topic of gravity say that someone else who admits it, is dumbing down America and then go on to say that the topic is "OFF TOPIC"?

Answer...buffoonery.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Well,why is it you think that right-wing talk radio flourishes and liberal talk radio fails? WHO do you think is listening to the right wing talk radio?
If you want to know what liberals are thinking all you have to do is turn on ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN. Or read most any newspaper. Or magazine. Or website.

No need for liberal talk radio.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
This should be interesting. Please, tell us who is listening and show your work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies