Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I heard MSNBC let him go, because he was demanding to be paid by the syllable.
That may just be true.

Or maybe it was adjectives.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
No way. He's way too intelligent to be in a line-up with those Fox News idiots.

Fox News is nothing but a reality show line-up! Lol!
He worked for FOX 1998-2001
And after how he has feuded with them and Bill he wont be getting any invitations either!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
MMMMM TEARS!!! Delicious liberal tears!!!
I'm not going through 60+ pages of crap from people who write stuff like this. EVERY hardcore right wing person does this (see above). They love when other people suffer. Or, more precisely, when people they don't like suffer. Even Palin said on her show "this will p*ss off the liberals" as she smiled at the camera. Solutions are no longer a part of the discourse. Hurting the opposition, laughing at them, calling them stupid--that's what the American right has become. The left argues with ideas and the right, bereft of substance, can only argue like the children of cavemen.

How can a country survive if the intelligent opinion of another is ridiculed and other people who offer different solutions are regarded as enemies? It can't.

Olbermann held a few extreme views, but almost always offered keen insight that should have been heeded. But, as we all know, the good guys don't last. Our corrupt system won't allow the truth to rear its ugly head. It calls it too controversial while simultaneously promoting lies, garbage, and misinformation.

I don't know where the actual truth is. I sense it's not even in the middle, that it really is off on some extreme tangent that most people will overlook. Olbermann's reporting (truth be told, bested by Maddow by leaps and bounds) at least pushed us in the correct direction, uncovering tidbits here and there for our consideration.

If we value an individual by the truth he or she dispels, we should realize the folly of participating in the duality that is left and right, Dem and Rep, etc.

I trust he'll return in some fashion. I just hope no one scared him into submission.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 01-22-2011 at 08:31 PM..

Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I'm not going through 60+ pages of crap from people who write stuff like this. EVERY hardcore right wing person does this (see above). They love when other people suffer. Or, more precisely, when people they don't like suffer. Even Palin said on her show "this will p*ss off the liberals" as she smiled at the camera. Solutions are no longer a part of the discourse. Hurting the opposition, laughing at them, calling them stupid--that's what the American right has become. The left argues with ideas and the right, bereft of substance (go ahead and look up the word if you don't know it) can only argue like the children of cavemen.

How can a country survive if the intelligent opinion of another is ridiculed and other people who offer different solutions are regarded as enemies? It can't.

Olbermann held a few extreme views, but almost always offered keen insight that should have been heeded. But, as we all know, the good guys don't last. Our corrupt system won't allow the truth to rear its ugly head. It calls it too controversial while simultaneously promoting lies, garbage, and misinformation.

I don't know where the actual truth is. I sense it's not even in the middle, that it really is off on some extreme tangent that most people will overlook. Olbermann's reporting (truth be told, bested by Maddow by leaps and bounds) at least pushed us in the correct direction, uncovering tidbits here and there for our consideration.

If we value an individual by the truth he or she dispels, we should realize the folly of participating in the duality that is left and right, Dem and Rep, etc.

I trust he'll return in some fashion. I just hope no one scared him into submission.
Agreed and well put. That's just what the conservative/tea party mindset is, attack, attack, hate, ignorance, and namecalling.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
if limbaugh and beck would quit this country would be a better place.
amen !!!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If he leaned right, Fox would pick him up in a heartbeat. They love those type of people. Just look who they have now: Rush, Beck, Hannity, Palin, etc.etc.

It amazing that the right is celebrating silencing a left-winger. I bet ya if this happened to a righty, they would cry censorship.
No one is silencing the moron. He got fired, dumped. Happens every day to people. Now, he has contractual obligations upon termination as well, like not going on other shows right away, not seeking employment on the competition, AS IF anyone would have his toxic brand of politics.

He will pop up soon, like the jack-in-box-joke he is, probably on HuffPo, DKos or one of the other fringe left sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Great, maybe Chris Matthews will be next. He is another complete idiot.
With a little more than half the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
His "ilk".........lol.... What a word!

Indeed it does "send a message", a very chilling message, to Olbermann fans/viewers and liberals. That bothers me very much. They just shut down not only Olbermann specifically, but they shut down so many of the guests on his show, journalists, politicians, academics, on and on. I found those perspectives very valuable and informative. Those of you who wouldn't watch Countdown because you didn't want to hear any opposing political perspectives/opinions missed a lot.
Nothing that hasn't been spewed many times before, nothing you couldn't hear from the far-left blogosphere. In order to get a ticket on dobie, he would have to agree with your left-wing tripe. I can't remember him ever having a conservative on his show. He was anything but balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
No one has silenced him. Or censored him. Is there some law that says once you get fired you are not allowed to speak any longer.
Entitlement mentality. Once you have a job, it's yours for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
If you want to know what liberals are thinking all you have to do is turn on ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN. Or read most any newspaper. Or magazine. Or website.

No need for liberal talk radio.
All that, against one little Fox news and still they whine about not being heard. Truly astonishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's called demographics. When will you libs face the fact that most people have values more in line with conservatives than liberals. It's not a conspiracy, it's not that lefties are out there working more, it's not because of big business. Most people are listening to right leaning radio because most americans lean right. Got it?

IMO, liberal talk radio fails because the liberal agenda is just insane. And who the heck can listen to nutjobs all day long.
Even their own kind, in terms of ideology, wouldn't support them.

They still don't get it. Their viewpoint is held by a small minority of the country.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Obviously lots of people must listen to "nutjobs" all day long.

And now, with the silencing of Olbermann, liberals have ONE LESS place to go to for a liberal perspective....you know, since the country is "mostly right leaning" so "most people" listen to right wing talk radio and watch right wing FOX TV.
He wasn't "silenced", he was fired or quit. And if there is ONE LESS place to go for liberal perspective, that's because there's no demand for it. If there was demand, there would be more places to go. Yes, FOX leads the ratings because more people watch it. It's called the free market.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Agreed and well put. That's just what the conservative/tea party mindset is, attack, attack, hate, ignorance, and namecalling.
And you would never do anything like that would you? What's this?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/17519966-post7.html

Steele is an idiot plain and simple. If you ever watch the maddow show, which i'm sure most who attack her never have, she isn't like a beck or limbaugh that just uses ignorant attacks and name calling, maddow fights with her intelligence which steele is highly lacking.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
He wasn't "silenced", he was fired or quit. And if there is ONE LESS place to go for liberal perspective, that's because there's no demand for it. If there was demand, there would be more places to go. Yes, FOX leads the ratings because more people watch it. It's called the free market.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:

This poster is trying to defend Oberman and just agreed he has been silenced.

Why? Because there is not enough looney bins out there who want to listen to his hate and fear mongering anymore.

His ratings were bad and his show totally sanked to the bottom of the well.

No place for no talent hacks like Oberman.

Fired from every job he has had.

Oberman wins again.

Two days in a row the

WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD

NPR might hire him to teach young kids liberal hate mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies