Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 03:37 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 03:43 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
OMG! You guys have all accused Olbermann of hate speech. I cannot find any evidence that anything Olbermann has ever said on TV influenced anyone to take any violent actions. Can you find that evidence which connects Olbermann to such violent actions as shoot out with cops?

No, not evidence in the two cases in terms of court. Evidence in terms of credible reports that the shooters had in fact been watching Glenn Beck and that they both were believers in conspiracy theories, including some of those put forth by Beck.

Can you find anyone who has committed violent acts who were avid Olbermann fans and decided to attack someone because of anything they had seen on Olbermann's show? For example, have you heard of anyone attempting or planning to attack the Arizona governor because Olbermann talked about the governor of AZ cutting funding for the medicaid program which paid for organ transplants,therefore, there were approximately 100 people in Arizona who would die without the transplants?

And, finally, WHY do you think Olbermann's show Countdown ended so abruptly?
Breitbart.tv » Olbermann Targets Malkin: Without

Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Whew! Chill! You're gonna pop a vein.

Not admitted into evidence at court means It is NOT not evidence. It's INNUENDO. Someones opinion. Nothing more.

So I gather the AZ governor now killed 100 people by proxy?

Wow, take two chill pills, PLEASE.
I think you're projecting. Maybe you should take a chill pill. Typing is very, very easy for me. Takes no effort to post. I'm fine. I'm not even slightly angry about this..........I'm just answering posts.

When people ask for evidence on this site, it seems obvious that they are asking for links to sources....which is what I produced. Do you work in the court system? Is that what prompted the comment? Keep in mind that there is also the "court" of public opinion, there is evidence produced by investigative journalists for articles and programs on TV, there is evidence discovered by investigators, etc. Evidence which is admitted in a trial in court is evidence which complies with court rules. Court rules are not the standard for evidence in public discourse.

Well, as for the AZ governor, some people think that she is doing exactly that. Out of the 100 people, two people have died so far because they couldn't get the transplants they need. This is a very hot issue in AZ. The legislature was looking for a resolultion of this problem which the governor claims is a "budget problem".......Keith Olbermann had several different people on his show who were being denied funding for the organ transplants, as well as their families. He introduced these people on several of his shows and was helping to try to raise money for them to pay for the surgeries individually.

Last edited by Perlier; 01-28-2011 at 08:25 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Anybody heard from dobie yet?

Just as I thought - not even footnote worthy. Life goes on without his brand of hateful, vicious politics and no one even cares anymore.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Do you have any information which indicates that ANYONE or ANY GROUP took any violent action, or planned any violent action, AGAINST MALKIN because of what Olbermann said about her?

Seems that in fact the school teacher whom Malkin attacked did receive death threats as a result of Milkin's involvement......but, you see, those were death threats from people who were/are Malkin fans, threatening the person Malkin talked/wrote about.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Just as I thought - not even footnote worthy. Life goes on without his brand of hateful, vicious politics and no one even cares anymore.
"No one cares"? I think you're mistaken about that. Gloat much?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Do you have any information which indicates that ANYONE or ANY GROUP took any violent action, or planned any violent action, AGAINST MALKIN because of what Olbermann said about her?
Ohhh, so that's the new criteria. As long as no one physically attacks a target of Keith, what he says is perfectly fine.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:

Dobie has a new hero:

Actually, O has learned how to use Olbermannism's.......

Olbermannism's:

1. Using 42 adjectives to describe a 'target' subject. Commonly used to fill in time on video presentations when the speaker has nothing constructive to contribute to the subject matter. Used by left leaning liberal talking heads in the 'news' and politics.
2. Vitriolic spew.
3. Nonsense.
4. Gone, thankfully

Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Ohhh, so that's the new criteria. As long as no one physically attacks a target of Keith, what he says is perfectly fine.
I think this is called a 'double standard'.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I think you're projecting. Maybe you should take a chill pill. Typing is very, very easy for me. Takes no effort to post. I'm fine. I'm not even slightly angry about this..........I'm just answering posts.

When people ask for evidence on this site, it seems obvious that they are asking for links to sources....which is what I produced. Do you work in the court system? Is that what prompted the comment? Keep in mind that there is also the "court" of public opinion, there is evidence produced by investigative journalists for articles and programs on TV, there is evidence discovered by investigators, etc. Evidence which is admitted in a trial in court is evidence which complies with court rules. Court rules are not the standard for evidence in public discourse.

Well, as for the AZ governor, some people think that she is doing exactly that. Out of the 100 people, two people have died so far because they couldn't get the transplants they need. This is a very hot issue in AZ. The legislature was looking for a resolultion of this problem which the governor claims is a "budget problem".......Keith Olbermann had several different people on his show who were being denied funding for the organ transplants, as well as their families. He introduced these people on several of his shows and was helping to try to raise money for them to pay for the surgeries individually.
I do not work in the court system. But having had contact with it over the years, I do know that "the "court" of public opinion" is not allowed as admissible evidence.

Speaking of links, produce some.

Here's one: (the last few sentences tell a lot)

Gov. Jan Brewer: No funds for transplants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies