Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 AM

102 posts, read 100,491 times

Advertisements

[quote=Bill Keegan;17599783]Right, guns are the cause of those deaths, not the people pulling the triggers. Those people only killed someone because they had a gun, and would have just left them alone instead of grabbing another weapon.

It's pretty close to illegal to own a gun in England, and they now have an epidemic of knife killings. When do they start calling for knives to be outlawed? I mean, if the violence is caused by the tool being used to perpetrate it, then the only solution is to get rid of all the tools that can be used to cause violence, right

quote]
stop talking silly, guns are not illegal in the UK you can get one with a licence. You cannot kill masses of people in one session with a knife.

The gun has much better mass killing potential than the knife.

guns are not essential in US society, most US people dont own guns.

millions cannot afford them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 AM

102 posts, read 100,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
1, that was real interesting. I had no idea the 6.5x54 MS was any sort of machine gun round ever.
Mine is not the "R" version. Thanks....

On edit:

This one is for the gun-nazis i brought this one to Ca too, and it was totally legal to do so, and on a motorcycle no less

Yeah rifleman it's lefty, and full stock, the one with that .40 cal swamped barrel, water proof flintlock lock, and cast off stock. I didn't make this one.
I got this one ridiculously cheap for a little trade silver. i should mention this one is 52.5 inches long, a far cry from the mauser, which is less than 36 inches long

OT this stuff is sterling and was once wearable money and is Trade Silver, I made and have used as money across the USA.

Once I made a 15 paper pages of catalog with pics on both sides, so that isn't close to all the patterns I used to do.

This is just so much FUN
thats because you haven't got the guts to face anyone with your fists.

guns are for cowards

Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobee View Post

guns are for cowards

Yep, I'm a coward when I don't have a gun....but the other guy does....

Smart comments...Chuck Norris...

Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Quote:

guns are for cowards
When I was young, I feared no one, wrestled, played football, rugby.
Now that I am 59, with arthritis and heart problems, I have a gun.
You will get old someday too.

I know over 100 people who own a gun, none have shot anyone.
Ted Kennedy has killed more people than them with a car. I guess
we should outlaw cars. They kill more people in the USA than guns.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
When I was young, I feared no one, wrestled, played football, rugby.
Now that I am 59, with arthritis and heart problems, I have a gun.
You will get old someday too.

I know over 100 people who own a gun, none have shot anyone.
Ted Kennedy has killed more people than them with a car. I guess
we should outlaw cars. They kill more people in the USA than guns.
I agree I know a bunch of people that own guns and shoot at the range on a regular basis and none have ever had to use it in a self defense situation except for one, but that was because he was fighting insurgent forces in afghanistan.
since 2 of my college friends have just retured from 2 tours in afghanistan with the canadian forces and the other is a city cop with 5 years on the force they are the ones to go shooting at the range plus they get discounts on ammo and are allowed to own and shoot some restricted firearms

Last edited by GTOlover; 03-10-2011 at 08:32 AM..

Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:

guns are for cowards

So everyone is Switzerland is a coward? Interesting.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:

guns are for cowards
Yeah yer right, I won't use my fists at 59 years, and besides I need both hands to earn money. Not only that i don't bully people, which is about all fists are good for.

Man when someone threatens my life and family with lethal force the last thing I plan to do is beat them up.

And then punchin you wankers is a life threatening event as it is. If I cut my hand on some wankers teeth, that alone might kill me. You wankers carry a lot of vermin these days.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
wow they sell a 6.8mm CAR A4
It's nice but expensive to shoot. $1 every time you pull the trigger. Mine has a RRA lower with a trigger tweaked by Triggerworks.net for a 2.5 lb pull and zero creep. The upper is an Aero with a 20" Bison Armory stainless barrel. Mid-length quad rail and a 4x16 scope. With a 100gr to 115gr bullet, I have the ability to reach out and touch something at up to 500yds. The cost of ammo is keeping me from getting that skill right now.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:

guns are for cowards
Or for those that know you do not bring fists to a gunfight
Casper

Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
most US people dont own guns.

millions cannot afford them.
I'm going to agree with the 2nd statement. That is because of laws against "Saturday Night Specials" (aka cheap guns) Saturday night special - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is really an attempt to disarm the poor.

The 1st statement is partially true. Even though 50% of the US population live in a household with at least 1 firearm, not all of the residents are owners. Gun politics in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia On the other hand, most firearm owners have more than one firearm which really skews the numbers. There are enough guns in the US to arm almost every man, woman and child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies