Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:55 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times

Advertisements

With all the mess we're in, how in the world can Obama's approval rating be up? How dumb are we?? Nothing has changed since Nov 2nd! Gas is above 3 dollars. Nobody's working. Deficit is almost beyond control! China just stole more technology.

And all it takes is a shooting in Arizona + a flowery speech about civility and he's up again???

I got a bad feeling that he's gonna do two terms. Are independents that fickle????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
With all the mess we're in, how in the world can Obama's approval rating be up? How dumb are we?? Nothing has changed since Nov 2nd! Gas is above 3 dollars. Nobody's working. Deficit is almost beyond control! China just stole more technology.

And all it takes is a shooting in Arizona + a flowery speech about civility and he's up again???

I got a bad feeling that he's gonna do two terms. Are independents that fickle????
One issue will dominate the 2012 election: jobs. And Obama continues to believe that government creates jobs (like that's worked out real well in the past two years). So unless there is a spontaneous turnaround in the economy that creates jobs at a 300,000-a-month clip he's going to have a hard time persuading people that he deserves another term.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:

I think he's going to make Harry Reid his leftist BFF for the next 2 years while Obama rides out the bad economy/unemployment until Election Day. Obama is going to talk the centrist talk and Harry Reid is going to walk the leftist walk for him. Reason: Harry Reid won't come up for re-election for another 6 years and if he doesn't retire, by that time the American voters won't remember what Reid did in 2011 and 2012. As soon as Obama is re-elected (if he is) his radical ideology will come roaring back. In the meantime, Obama will push most of the lefty stuff through with regulations and executive orders that never seem to capture the media's attention and therefore the public is not aware. The GOP needs to get a good PR firm to shine the light on what Obama is doing without Congress.

Conservatives (notice I didn't say Republicans) in the House need to tie his hands by drastically reducing the federal government appropriations bills so those agencies don't have the manpower to enact the regulations and executive orders. That means LESS funding than 2008 not a 2008 rollback.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:21 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Having faith in the American people is a folly that brings only disappointment. This nation is populated by ignorant, gullible, hate-filled chumps.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:

Have faith. You cannot trust some of these polls. Some are skewed heavily, with more Democrats being polled than Republicans, and the questions are often asked in such a way to get the desired results.

His approval numbers haven't changed, no matter what you read.

You pabably also read he is moving to the right. Don't believe that either. He has been steeped in communism and Marxism all his life. He isn't going to change his thinking now.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:

Don't worry. This latest attempt by the media to prop him up with a "narrative" that he is "rising" in the polls is just that. They put out 3 polls so skewed to the democrats the result was never in doubt. The media will try and build on this narrative with over-friendly and down right cheerleading headlines to keep the perceived rise in approval going. Just look in the internals of those polls, where obama is underwater on the economy, spending, deficits, debt. The media will stop at nothing to try and make you believe all is well.

He still might get a bump from the SOTU and his perceived triangulation to the center.

But right now, his approval rating is meaningless. Let's see what it looks like in a year.

If the economy is on track and growing, he will get some credit for that, even though it will be the GOP that actually made it happen.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I think President Obama will serve another term because anyone the Republicans nominate will do greater damage to the economy and the majority of the people.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If the economy is on track and growing, he will get some credit for that, even though it will be the GOP that actually made it happen.
So any bad happenings will also be owned by the GOP, right?

Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Having faith in the American people is a folly that brings only disappointment. This nation is populated by ignorant, gullible, hate-filled chumps.
Just wanted to say ITA. I am an independent though and feel that most of these sorts of people are party members who refuse to vote for anyone who is not in their party regardless of the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Some are skewed heavily, with more Democrats being polled than Republicans, and the questions are often asked in such a way to get the desired results.

His approval numbers haven't changed, no matter what you read.
And wanted to say, regarding this that the same thing is spewed by Democrats when his numbers are down. I personally don't believe poll results ever represent an actual representation of the populace.

Also wanted to add, that conservatives don't really have anyone who can challenge the president IMO. If the election were held today, I would vote for him. I don't agree with everything he has done, but I also don't think he is running the country into the gutter like a lot of conservatives seem to believe.

I fully expect him to win in 2012 because I doubt that anyone can match his campaign style on the conseravtive side. He is an excellent elocutionist, intelligent, and has great stage presence not to mention that a lot of the things he promised to do, he actually has done all those are enough to draw a lot of voters to him versus a lesser known conservative who may be too radical (if the nominee happens to be a tea partier) for independents to vote for. I would never vote for an extremely right, radical conservative and really, won't waste my vote on a third partier who doesn't have a chance in winning. If the republicans can come up with a moderate nominee though then they may have a chance with independents but not with their party liners who may go with a more socially conservative third party candidate.

So in all instances I see another Obama term.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Since Americans are victims of the world's greatest propaganda ministry, there is no reason to be so vicious.

If one relies on the mainstream media and what is fed via the indoctrination organs (i.e. "public" school), then there is little factual data to rely upon to make decisions.

Facts that are kept from public view:
  1. Dollar bills are not dollars
  2. Government went bankrupt in 1933
  3. There has been a State of Emergency since 1933
  4. Few have paid debt pursuant to the US Constitution, since 1933
  5. The United States and the United States of America are two distinct entities
  6. No law compels universal participation in FICA / Social Security; nor is there any law that punishes Americans for non-participation. It is 100% voluntary.
  7. Participants, as "contributors", duly enumerated, are paupers at law, an excepted class (since 1777)
  8. Capitalism, in American, ended in 1935
  9. The public debt, in excess of 14 trillion dollars, is unpayable, cannot be challenged, and is a total fraud
  10. Congress cannot make money, nor give that power to anyone else
References
1. Coinage Act of 1792, Title 12 USC Sec. 411
2. House Joint Resolution 192, 1933
3. http://www.barefootsworld.net/war_ep1.html
4. Article 1, Section 8, Section 10, USCON
5. See Articles of Confederation, Articles 1 and 2
6. No law
7. According to the Congressional Research Service, "entitlements" are synonymous with "gifts". Gifts from the public treasury makes the recipient into a pauper.
8. Capitalism is defined as the private ownership. Private property ownership is defined as absolute ownership by an individual. Since 1935, Americans no longer own private property. They only hold qualified ownership in estate. The State (government) has a superior claim on all property now.
9. There is no evidence that Congress borrowed 14 trillion dollars (gold coin), since that computes to an amount roughly 700 billion ounces. World wide (2007 est) supply of gold bullion is 5.3 billion ounces. Fort Knox depository holds (allegedly) 147.4 million ounces. However, pursuant to the 14th amendment, section 4, the validity of the public debt shall not be questioned - despite it being a total fraud.
10. Congress has no power to make money. If it did, why would it need the power to borrow money on the credit of the U.S. (Art.1 , Sec. 8, USCON). Lawful money of the United States is defined as gold and silver coin. Since 1933, Congress has not dealt in lawful money, having none, nor receiving any, and as a bankrupt, cannot pay its debts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies