Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so in essence, Chick fil A gave some food to an organization that you dont like and thus we need a thread telling everyone not to eat there?

nice.

I for one love the place. i eat there often. I take my boys there. They love it too.

My wife and I love the fact that they have a world view that is close to our own.
who is telling you where to eat? If you only care about yourself and your family, then go for it. But if there are people out there who are the side of not eating there, we have an obligation to at least them know. Nobody cares what your world view is either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am sure you can win a case for discriminating against a class of people, but being gay is not a "protected class" like race. This is the subject of much litigation but that is currently the interpretation of the Supreme court.
Sexual orientation isn't a protected class at the federal level, but it certainly is a protected class in many states and local jurisdictions.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,908 times
I could care less. As long as they keep making the chargrilled chicken and fruit salad, I'll eat there when I'm hungry and its convenient. I've got enough stuff going on in my world that I don't need to know the values and opinions of every business that I choose to purchase from. They could sponsor a gay pride parade for all I care, that's their decision and as long as it doesn't affect my experience eating there, I don't care.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:44 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,015,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What a horrible comment... seriously. I know children who are being raised & have been raised within gay families, and they turned out just fine - wonderfully, for the most part. I'd rather have two loving gay parents, than deal with what some children from "traditional families" have experienced.
The children will undoubtably turn out gay themselves.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,015,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Never eaten at one, and probably won't. If the story is true, I admire their honesty and straightforwardness, and willingness to lose customers. And I hope they lose a lot.
You live in Dallas & have never eaten at Chick Fil-A?

How is that even possible? They're all over the place up there.

Dallas is in the Bible Belt whether you want to accept it or not.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:07 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,656,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That's might white of you.
Racial remark. Typical.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,758,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Article emailed to me this morning from a buddy,

Yes, Chick-fil-A Says, We Explicitly Do Not Like Same-Sex Couples | Gay Rights | Change.org

Does this change your opinion about them or will you simply do what I do.....NOT EAT THERE? If someone doesn't like who I am I sure as hell aren't going to contribute to their financial well being.
Besides, they are overpriced anyway.
Nope. This doesn't make chicken deep friend in peanut oil any less delicious.

from a business perspective it seems totally bizarre that they'd state this officially. i can't imagine it would help their business .

Old 01-28-2011, 02:13 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,701,315 times
Good to know, I won't be going to this place any more...not that I did that often....their food is overpriced and no better than McDonalds.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,701,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I could care less. As long as they keep making the chargrilled chicken and fruit salad, I'll eat there when I'm hungry and its convenient. I've got enough stuff going on in my world that I don't need to know the values and opinions of every business that I choose to purchase from. They could sponsor a gay pride parade for all I care, that's their decision and as long as it doesn't affect my experience eating there, I don't care.
It is not important to you because you're not gay. But if they decided to not like heterosexuals from TX, then I am sure you would have a problem with it, even if they kept making their chargrilled chicken....

Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,741,179 times
Something to do with 'chicken'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies