Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,308,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Tracy Morgan is an SNL alum and is a regular on "30 Rock"... He's one of the top stand up comedians in the industry... The comment was obviously meant to be humorous... Get a grip people... Besides, I've heard other stand up comedians make the same comment... It's a recycled joke that's already been told many times...
This is just an attempt to revive Sarah Palins massive train wreck political career... It won't work... Sarah Palin is done...
A couple of former basketball players doing commentary and a comedian's jab before a basketball game is an attempt by Sarah Palin to revive her political career?!
What the hell are you talking about?

BTW I said specifically that I didn't think it was a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,054,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A couple of former basketball players doing commentary and a comedian's jab before a basketball game is an attempt by Sarah Palin to revive her political career?!
What the hell are you talking about?
Meaning... this thread is an attempt to generate sympathy for Sarah Palin. Tracy Morgan is hilarious... This is nothing... you should hear what's been said on Howard Stern...

6,391 posts, read 5,176,113 times
Default actually, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...you guys are going nuts over something said by a comedian?
It's not that he said it, saying it on a late night comedy show for adults, is much more appropriate than saying it while your kids are sitting there with you watching the ball game.

There is a time and a place for everything. During a family style event isn't the time nor the place for adult bathroom humor.

I wonder of he talks like that around his own kids, (if he has any).

Last edited by Darkatt; 01-28-2011 at 08:43 AM..

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
You can't figure out his political affiliation when he attacks Sarah Palin? lol!!!!
Kathy Griffin (and probably Tracy Morgan) attacks Democrats in her act too... try again.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,860,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It's not that he said it, saying it on a late night comedy show for adults, is much more appropriate than saying it while your kids are sitting there with you watching the ball game.

There is a time and a place for everything. During a family style even isn't the time nor the place for adult bathroom humor.

I wonder of he talks like that around his own kids, (if he has any).
Exactly, Its not what he said its the time he said it.

He can speak however he wishes around his own children ( if he has some) but he needs to be respectful of everyone elses children.

A family should be able to watch a sporting event and other certain shows and not have to worry about explaining sexual acts.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times
Some of you need to calm down. Seriously, you're gonna have a stroke the way you're going on about this. Some of you are the same folks who went nuts over Janet Jackson Boobgate.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Some of you need to calm down. Seriously, you're gonna have a stroke the way you're going on about this. Some of you are the same folks who went nuts over Janet Jackson Boobgate.
Janet Jackson Boobgate? Ok, now that IS funny!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Janet Jackson Boobgate? Ok, now that IS funny!
LOL..yea, well, i have my moments.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Classy.
Says a lot regarding where you are coming from.
People who like this kind of disgusting stuff just kind of make a statement of who they are.
A person with a good sense of humor who isn't sexually repressed, politically obsessed and uptight? Yeah, that's me...

I'm also a HUGE fan of Howard Stern, so go ahead and make assumptions about me based on that - I don't mind!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
If a conservative had made an ugly statement such as this putting down says Pelosi or Clinton or a lesbian they would be all over it.
I'd laugh hysterically at that, and have probably made a few such jokes myself... you just don't understand the difference between humor and political discourse, and that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies