Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgender people be allowed to join the U.S. Military?
Yes 33 39.76%
No 44 53.01%
Not sure 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I think a lot of people have not had the opportunity to watch a gay person or a transgendered person grow up, to know one as a person first. Bigotry is easy in the abstract; it is much harder to pull off when you get down to cases, to the individual level. Some of the posts in this thread betray an ignorance that only personal experience can cure.
wise words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
I think transgenders should go start their own military. That way they can change the standards around whichever kind of way they want. that seems like the most practical solution to the issue.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
I'm fine with it as long as they stop trying to bring up the fact they they are transgender. Yea yea you are transgender. NO ONE GIVES A **** SO SHUT UP.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times
I thought there was already a rule that mentally ill people couldn't join? Are we willing to let that rule slide?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No they are just considered conservative Republicans.

please don't use Rudy and conservative in the same sentence.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Honestly though, if a person is delusional enough to think that they are of the opposite sex, do we REALLY want to trust them with a deadly weapon while other functional troops are depending on them?

I can hear it now: "Oops, I thought Private Miller was the enemy. It just felt like he was a bad guy trapped in a good guy's body."

Old 01-29-2011, 10:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Still pushing the gay agenda I see...

Last thing we need in the military are more freaks of nature.....

Old 01-29-2011, 11:04 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Still pushing the gay agenda I see...

Last thing we need in the military are more freaks of nature.....
I'm sure the "freaks" as you so lovingly call them........are sick of you pushing your ignorant and hate filled AGENDA as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

Old 01-29-2011, 11:12 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm sure the "freaks" as you so lovingly call them........are sick of you pushing your ignorant and hate filled AGENDA as well!

Transgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't use it "lovingly" I use it with ummm despise, disgust... I look at it like a sickness, like cancer except it's eating away at society instead of one's body.....

Maybe Uganda does have it right after all......

Gays have an agenda, I just have an attitude

Old 01-29-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I don't use it "lovingly" I use it with ummm despise, disgust... I look at it like a sickness, like cancer except it's eating away at society instead of one's body.....

Even if someone born ONLY with a penis or vagina, "believes" they were suppose to be born the opposite sex... It is still Mentally insane to surgically/physcially/socially switch genders.

For example, say if a man born with ONLY a penis, thinks he is really suppose to of been born a woman...

If the man goes through with becoming ANOREXIC, goes through with EXPENSIVE MEDICAL SURGERY, TRIES TO TALK LIKE A GIRL, ETC... it is still Insane to think that HE/she would ever be treated as one by PEOPLE.

It is INSANE to think you're going to fool people long enough for them to not realize that you are really a man and not a woman.

Think of it, after 5 years of marriage "hunny, I want to be honest with you, I was really born with just a penis , that is why we can't have any kids"

The only intimacy transgendered people would ever receive is either by freaks or by being great actors/actresses and living with a LIE as big as the state of Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies