Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

I guess the pentagon better get this dire issue taken care of. I mean the military is more about making sure everybody feels good anymore than winning battles. Up next the all pedophile brigade and don't forget about the lonely sheep herders.

Last week, Fluke told a California college that Barack Obama's repeal of the “Don't Ask, “Don't Tell” policy did not go far enough, because it did not include transgender soldiers.

“We still don’t let trans-folk join the military,” Fluke told a gathering at Claremont McKenna College on February 13. “That needs to change.”
Service in the military, she said, should be open to the entire “the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning” population, according to the Daily Caller.
“I think the steps that we have to focus on right now are some of the ones that will be the most impactful but also the ones that society is ready for,” she added.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Sandra Fluke embraces transgender soldiers in the military, HHS mandate 'accommodation'

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Yeah, we need twits like her to social engineer the military as if the function of the military is no different then students living in a college dormitory.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
As much as I despise everything I know about the woman, she may have a point here. I say "may" because it depends on what accomodations need to be made in order for them to serve. I don't know all the ramifications but I can't really see a reason for not allowing them to serve at this point. With the emphasis being on "at this point".

Given that homosexuals are allowed and now women are going to be put in the combat arms, isn't whatever damage that might be done already done? I mean if we still forbade homosexuals from serving, then sure we should forbid trans people also. But given that homosexuals can serve now, what's the justification for not allowing trans people to serve? What additional problems would that cause that aren't already there?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
I agree. I see no reason why a qualified transgendered person should be kept from a military career.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I mean the military is more about making sure everybody feels good anymore than winning battles.
Pray tell, how did you come to this conclusion?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times
Quote:
I guess the pentagon better get this dire issue taken care of. I mean the military is more about making sure everybody feels good anymore than winning battles. Up next the all pedophile brigade and don't forget about the lonely sheep herders.

Last week, Fluke told a California college that Barack Obama's repeal of the “Don't Ask, “Don't Tell” policy did not go far enough, because it did not include transgender soldiers.

“We still don’t let trans-folk join the military,” Fluke told a gathering at Claremont McKenna College on February 13. “That needs to change.”
Service in the military, she said, should be open to the entire “the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning” population, according to the Daily Caller.
“I think the steps that we have to focus on right now are some of the ones that will be the most impactful but also the ones that society is ready for,” she added.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Sandra Fluke embraces transgender soldiers in the military, HHS mandate 'accommodation'

**** Sandra Fluke.

Apparently everyone else does or she wouldn't need all that free birth control

Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Has she ever served in the military? No? Then she needs to S.T.F.U.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:55 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Not only that, but *gasp* I hear they use assault weapons in the military!!!!!!! We need to get those removed immediately!

If we can't have a bunch of homosexual, cross-dressing trannies wielding muskets.....what kind of example are we setting around the world?

Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Let's send her to combat to shut up her big mouth.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:08 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
There are radical groups in this world that would like to kill her for simply saying the stupid things she says. If they got a hold of her and were slowly cutting her head off while posting her screams on the internet (sound familiar?) she would not care one thing about the "questioning population".

Sandra Fluke needs to grow the f up and then shut the f up, and those idiots who are still reporting on the nonsense that she says need to learn how to tell time, because her 15 minutes of fame was up 20 minutes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies