Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 PM

154 posts, read 216,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Hezbullah is "representative" of Lebanon??
Hezbullah "defends Lebanon" and "Lebanese interests"????

Yup. I know it's hard to believe, but they do represent a significant portion of Lebanese. Maybe not in all aspects, and certainly not perfectly, but by and large Hezbollah has played, plays now, and will no doubt play in the future a very positive role in the future of Lebanon.

Like a hundred thousand people all you see is their armed faction. Its so sad. It only reinforces the scared little zombie sheep stereotype thats so prevalent in this country.

Quote:
HEZBULLAH IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING INDICTED FOR THE MURDER OF THE PRIME MINISTER OF LEBANON ALONG WITH 22 OTHERS AND THE MURDERS AND MAIMING OF DOZENS OF JOURNALISTS AND POLITICIANS WHO HAD THE COURAGE TO CRITICIZE THESE GOONS AND THEIR PATRON SYRIA!!
And? I never said they were perfect, without flaw, untouchable, etc. Thankfully, I can look behind the trees and see the forest. Perhaps you should research Hezbollah and look beyond their militant actions and see a lot of the good they have done for the Lebanese people. Maybe, just maybe (though doubtful...) you might think the same as I do and see past the duality that exists in the world billions of times over.

Besides, it's not like they would be the first militant organization (throughout the world - government and non-government approved) to murder people, influence elections, engage in covert assassinations, etc. Heck, to see the octopus behind that all you'd need to do would make your way into the inner circles of Washington, DC, London, Tel Aviv, Shanghi, or Moscow.

Quote:
What's your agenda?
To spread peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Isn't the leader of the Muslim brotherhood Osamas #2 guy, another old fart, out of touch with the world. So far the Egyptians have ignored the Muslim Brotherhoods cries for an Islamic State
They probably will continue to do so.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Quote:
HEZBULLAH IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING INDICTED FOR THE MURDER OF THE PRIME MINISTER OF LEBANON ALONG WITH 22 OTHERS AND THE MURDERS AND MAIMING OF DOZENS OF JOURNALISTS AND POLITICIANS WHO HAD THE COURAGE TO CRITICIZE THESE GOONS AND THEIR PATRON SYRIA!!
What's your agenda?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
And? I never said they were perfect, without flaw, untouchable, etc.... Besides, it's not like they would be the first militant organization (throughout the world - government and non-government approved) to murder people, influence elections, engage in covert assassinations, etc.
They're "not perfect"?
I give up

Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I give up
It's best you do. You really weren't making that much of a foundation to argue upon anyways.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times
Default Why is Obama getting involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Egypt is quite a bit more liberal than the Muslim Brotherhood would need for such an action.
I thought he would be looking after U.S. interest first i do not get it do you?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
People need to consider something. These Muslim Brotherhood do not like us, if they get control of Egypt, they not only get control of the Suez Canal, they get control of all those weapons we gave Egypt, wich means they have control of weaponry and technology we provided our ally. We need to support the current Egyptian President, and get our up to date weaponry and technology out of that country before these violent people. @@@
so not like they can get tanks here or fly a fighter jet over and their missiles can't hit north america

Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Figured you say as much. Have you faced east today and kissed the carpet?
Cute, but only exemplifies your complete lack of understanding of Islam.

When A Muslim "kisses the carpet", it is known as prostration to show respect to God, and only the nose and forehead are to touch the ground, not the lips. It was adopted from an early Jewish practice and it is said that even Jesus at one time prayed in such a manner.

On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 is sane and 100 it bat chit crazy, I place Islam, Christianity and Judaism about one degree apart from each other closer to 100 than 1. I did face east today, probably several times, as I also faced, west, north and south at some point in the day.

I did check out the real estate listings, trying to find a whale or "great fish" for rent for a summer home.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM

lol @ kiss the carpet i am gonna use that!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Are you serious? You are looking at the propaganda site for Americans? Really? Try this official MB document on for size.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/...ts/misc/20.pdf

[/font]
well why on earth would we give up our freedoms to the MB I mean the one thing we would fight for is our freedom not hand it over to islam

also
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

and we have the second admendment to back up the first
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights

Old 02-05-2011, 04:32 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
so not like they can get tanks here or fly a fighter jet over and their missiles can't hit north america
It is true that they cannot directly hit the USA the way they can directly hit Israel. But whoever controls the Suez Canal controls much the world's shipping movement and a lot of goods coming to the USA go via the Suez Canal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies