Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is past time for the U.S. to quit nation building.
I'm not opposed to nation building, I'm just opposed to building nations that the nations didn't ask for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Too bad that the IAEA under el Baradei has never indicated that Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program was "peachy". What el Baradei did say was that IAEA had not found any evidence that Iran is in the process of developing a nuclear weapons program and has invited the United States to provide any such evidence if such evidence exists. Pretty much the same challenge that the UN inspectors under Hans Blix offered to the Bush administration when it unequivocally stated that it had evidence of Iraq wmd program but refused to share such evidence with the UN's inspectors.

What the IAEA under el Barbaradei has stated is that:
"We have information that there has been maybe some studies about possible weaponization. That's why we have said that we cannot give Iran a pass right now, because there is still a lot of question marks ... . But have we seen Iran having the nuclear material that can readily be used into a weapon? No. Have we seen an active weaponization program? No."

October 2007, International Harold Tribune

In September 2009, IAEA Director General Mohamed El Baradei that Iran had broken the law by not disclosing its second uranium enrichment site at Qom sooner. Nevertheless, he said, the United Nations did not have credible evidence that Iran had an operational nuclear program.
As of today, not one shred of evidence has been presented that Iran is in actual violation of the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty a treaty which Iran can at anytime renounce. Does this mean that the IAEA or former Secretary General el Barbardei do not harbor suspicions regarding Iran's nuclear program, clearly not. But the IAEA is not governed by suspicions but rather international law which requires proof, proof which as yet does not exist. If that is a declaration that all is right with Iran's nuclear program... well see Hilltoppers appropriate response above.
Well you can see my frustration here on this very subject. The constant contradictions make an already complex subject even more convoluted.

Danger Iran and another steaming pile of media

While I focused on media dissemination of this information, I can say I was equally ranting at the statements reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Hmmm...
Why is it that those who have been sanitizing the Iranian regime for years are now sanitizing the Muslim Brotherhood...

Just wondering...
See above, as I was quoting US and Israeli intelligence sources, so if that is what you consider sanitizing then send complaints to the CIA and Mossad.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Default Previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Mohamed Ghanem Wants War With Israel | Forex Crunch

The Muslim Brotherhood is the best organized opposition party to the current Egyptian regime. It stands to reason that they will be the ones in power when the dust settles.
I told people in a previous thread, these people are extremists. Think taliban on steroids.

The Muslim Brotherhood.

I also said if they took control of Egypt, they would be able to control shipping through the SUEZ Canal, and that the peace with Israel would be over. This is a prelude to war, and they have now stated it.

Prepare for Gaz prices to go sky high, and Egypt to be like Iran.

Hey DD? You reading this?? I told you this on the previous thread.

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-01-2011 at 11:24 AM..

Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I told people in a previous thread, these people are extremists. Think taliban on steroids.

Hey DD? You reading this?? I told you this on the previous thread.
Before putting a great deal of stock in the content of the article posted in the OP, I think you should be aware of its origins.

Yohay Elam, an Israeli Zionist who writes on financial issues, and while I may disagree with his assessment, I feel he has valid opinions none the less. I also think it matters to know the origin of his views in order for people to form an objective opinion as to the quality of his statements.

It isn't much different than going to some Islamic Jihad site to find the opinions of radicals on Israel as the conclusion is forgone as to what they are going to say. Just like asking the football fans in Dallas on Sunday who they think the best team in football is, the answer is a given before the question is even asked.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Also posted here Muslim Brotherhood: and now being linked to on Drudge. The original article has also been updated with more niformation.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM

43,674 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not recently. In fact when did the Israelites leave Israel? Thousands of years ago?
A Timeline of the History of Israel
This even shows that Israel was not the land of the Israelites for centuries.

Gee, what about Gaul?
Then, by your logic, everyone in the US needs to leave and let the Native Americans have this land, it was theirs.

Israel is not a good neighbor. See Palestine.

BTW, the Bible is a nice book of mythology, but nothing else.
Palestine has never been an independent country/state. Read your world history books for the true facts.
Since Christians and Jews worldwide accept the Bible as historical fact and even the Prophet Mohammed accepted the Biblical prophets as prophets including Jesus, I think your claim that the Bible is simply mythology is completely false.
Israel is a very good neighbor and helps its neighbors and other countries around the world. Israel was the first country to set up a hospital in Haiti last year after the earthquake. Israel is always sending its people to help other countries when they have disasters and offer help humanitarian help to countries that don't have diplomatic relations with Israel.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:27 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Default Palestine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not recently. In fact when did the Israelites leave Israel? Thousands of years ago?
A Timeline of the History of Israel
This even shows that Israel was not the land of the Israelites for centuries.

Gee, what about Gaul?
Then, by your logic, everyone in the US needs to leave and let the Native Americans have this land, it was theirs.

Israel is not a good neighbor. See Palestine.

BTW, the Bible is a nice book of mythology, but nothing else.
Never been a country called Palestine, In fact most of the people who refer to themselves as Palestinians, have been kicked out of both Jordon, and Lebanon. In fact most of the arab world doesn't want anything to do with them, except use them as human targets.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Palestine has never been an independent country/state. Read your world history books for the true facts.
Since Christians and Jews worldwide accept the Bible as historical fact and even the Prophet Mohammed accepted the Biblical prophets as prophets including Jesus, I think your claim that the Bible is simply mythology is completely false.
Israel is a very good neighbor and helps its neighbors and other countries around the world. Israel was the first country to set up a hospital in Haiti last year after the earthquake. Israel is always sending its people to help other countries when they have disasters and offer help humanitarian help to countries that don't have diplomatic relations with Israel.
Yes. In fact the only sovereign states ever to exist in the area which the Romans renamed "Palestine" or "Philistinia" (purposely named after the Jews' historic enemy - the Philistines - and formerly known as Judea) were all Jewish states: Ancient Israel, Judea, and modern Israel. There is no mention of "the Palestinian people" in any history book until Arafat fabricated it in the 1970's.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Furthermore, Jews have lived in the land CONTINUOUSLY for centuries. Chielgirl has memorized the leftwing Jew-hating talking points. If she studied any history at all, she'd know that Jews didn't just start appearing in Israel a hundred years ago.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Furthermore, Jews have lived in the land CONTINUOUSLY for centuries. Chielgirl has memorized the leftwing Jew-hating talking points. If she studied any history at all, she'd know that Jews didn't just start appearing in Israel a hundred years ago.

1st question...who cares? I don't really have a 2nd question. I did not know the thread was about Israel's right to exist. I think that is a given here in the U.S., in the Middle East ...not so much, but I don't think that means that Egypt is going to go to war with Israel. That is just not a logical leap. Why would anyone go to war with Israel in the Middle East. Israel has military superiority...this is much todo about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies