Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Anyone that thinks liberals believe in freedom of choice in personal matters is a moron.

Anyone that thinks conservative believe in economic freedom is a moron.

If we look at what politicians in D.C do, not what they say, liberals and conservatives are both statists.

Anarchists and libertarians are the only group that beleives in both economic and personal freedom.
Libertarians are those that do not like to be called a conservative.
libertarians = conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamore View Post
ignorance is strength

Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
ignorance is strength
LOL, you conservative

add:

I'll add the only difference is the "family values" thing, otherwise, libertarian = conservative.

I'll also throw in Independents too, since most indep. are those that left the conservative party.
Independents aka tea baggers

Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I would say Mr. O is borderline liberal-centrist in political perspective. Not sure he supports high tax rates per se unless there is something for the people. He seems pretty tuned into the importance of the economy to me, even if he has spent more than some are comfortable with.

Obama thinks government is the answer to every problem. He likes big government and a big powerful federal government. Clearly, he is a Statist.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:

You are way off base. Libertarians support personal freedoms that most conservatives and liberals oppose. Libertarians support the right to own guns, gay marriage, prostitution, gambling, the right to choose what drugs you will use, smoking, eating trans fats, etc, etc.

Libertarians support every freedom that both conservatives AND liberals support.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
LOL, you conservative

add:

I'll add the only difference is the "family values" thing, otherwise, libertarian = conservative.

I'll also throw in Independents too, since most indep. are those that left the conservative party.
Independents aka tea baggers

Kinda dumb post.

THat's like saying basketball is like golf except for the way it's played.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Obama thinks government is the answer to every problem. He likes big government
maybe gov't could be IF it was efficient and in-touch with what's going on!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
maybe gov't could be IF it was efficient and in-touch with what's going on!
If the government were that then we would all be slaves of a totalitarian state. North Korea has a very efficient government... efficient in sustaining itself that is

Old 02-02-2011, 07:00 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
that word scares me
Anarchy simply means lack of government. Nothing to be scared of.

The statists have kind of redefined it to mean chaos and/or violence. Anrachy has nothing to do with either.

For example, when the Iranian government was cracking down on protestors a year or so ago the U.S. govt and media was calling it anarchy. SInce it involved a government (Iran) it had nothing to do with anarchy.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM

182 posts, read 129,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I would say Mr. O is borderline liberal-centrist in political perspective. Not sure he supports high tax rates per se unless there is something for the people. He seems pretty tuned into the importance of the economy to me, even if he has spent more than some are comfortable with.
Are you kidding me?

Obama is a radical left-wing. Nothing in his policies make him moderate. He really needs to be replaced in 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies