Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

By who's standard? Yours?
Well, by actual, you know, legal standards.
Quote:

Even if you don't fully agree with the law..which I highly doubt...that is all you talk about...being the end all, to end all, and why obama care should be the law of the land...
I have no idea what this gibberish is supposed to mean (nor do I care, actually).
Quote:

The only thing you have given is your opinion, you don't like it when people disagree with you...that is obvious in many threads...
I've given considerably more than my opinion, I've cited relevant case law and explained in detail how it applies. I think I've been rather patient with you, as well, so can the hostility and allegations about my character.
Quote:

You have tried to explain and many just don't see what you are trying to explain...
and you double talked, I called you on it and you don't like that either...
I didn't "double talk", so there was nothing to like or dislike about it.
Quote:

You use your own words...which do not always explain exactly what it is the court said......you put your twist on it to make it go your way...
I used the court's words and you didn't understand. I attempted to explain it in "lay-person's" terms and you still don't understand it. That's not the same as "twisting" anything to "go [my] way".
Quote:

Either way..nothing you have said or attempted to say has swayed me or much anyone on this board.....
Clearly you remain as much unswayed as you do unclear on how the law works. But that's okay, it's your own burden to bear. I don't believe you can speak for anyone else on the forum, however.
Quote:

So continue to believe what you want and so will I, I believe that obama care will be repealed....and this law you state will have nothing to do with keeping or rejecting obama care...
Okay. ::shrug::

Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
The reason you have given are exactly why we (the United States) are in such shambles....

You try to explain, in your own words...what the court has said...in your own words you twist the courts words...

Sorry, try to explain all you want...you are not convincing...and your interpretation of the law is also not convincing...

I'm sorry that I have offended you, and do not agree with your interpretations (even if you say you are giving me in-layperson terms).

You did double talk.....you said it's not about the wheat...but as you can see in 2 separate postings...you said it was about the wheat...so again please explain your double talk....

Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
closed for mod review
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies