Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I wasn't stalling--I'm just trying to work.

Phasing in gives people and companies time to plan for changes, and time to set the system up to enact the provisions. Do you own a business or work for a company? Have you ever tried to start an entirely new project from the ground up? Phased implementation is how you avoid chaos. You create a plan and implement in steps.
I have started a business.

I paid as I went.

This law causes debt and waits until the end to try and pay the piper.

IMO, recipe for a nightmare.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
why do people say "we" when arguing regarding democrats and republicans

its exactly what "we" wanted

"you" are not included, and "you" do not matter. that is the truth.

this "we" talk, like your part of the team is so stupid.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Another big waste of time in government--after constant accusations by the R's that Reid wouldn't put the bill up for a vote in the Senate because it would fail, he did just that. The votes fell straight down party lines. There was absolutely no surprise here, but it was a massive waste of everyones times. Can we all get back to work on the economy now? We knew from the start this would be decided by the SCOTUS, and that's where it's headed.

The good news--the D's worked with the R's to remove the tax reporting required for small business--it was a very reasonable move. Let's see if the R's are that willing to extend the same spirit of compromise as well in the future.

Senate defeats health care repeal - International Business Times
The main reason this vote was taken was show where everyone stands on the record for the elections of 2012. Unless of course if you vote "present" as cowards do in legislatures.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
I wasn't stalling--I'm just trying to work.

Phasing in gives people and companies time to plan for changes, and time to set the system up to enact the provisions. Do you own a business or work for a company? Have you ever tried to start an entirely new project from the ground up? Phased implementation is how you avoid chaos. You create a plan and implement in steps.
Yes, I am starting a business as we speak...I also work for a very good small business...

As a business, you also must pay for it before right....how would you look as a company owner and tell you workers....o.k., i'm gonna cut your pay for (insert years here) and then I might give you a portion back....oh and you may or may not be here when its implimented.....finally...

The chaos is already here....why do you think we have 700+ waivers....before it even begins...

So, again if all these people are dying on the streets as some dems would have you believe....why is the health care portion not "right now."

Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
The main reason this vote was taken was show where everyone stands on the record for the elections of 2012. Unless of course if you vote "present" as cowards do in legislatures.
Exactly. The point you're missing is that Reid DID NOT have to bring it up for a vote. The Republicans didn't force them to do it--they can't. The vote was entirely for the record, because the Dems are standing behind the program, and most of them plan on running on that record--voting for HCR--in the next election. If you don't like the HCR program fine, but evidently the Dem's are confident that enough people DO like it that they're willing to do a public vote on it when they absolutely didn't have to. Food for thought...

Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
A previous post of mine had a link and a couple examples of some of the things in ObamaCare that is already doing plenty of damage.....

"The damage has already begun"

Repeal of ObamaCare can't come soon enough -- as several damaging provisions are set to take effect this year.

For starters, it has effectively stopped the construction of physician-owned hospitals throughout the country.
Of course, patients may have trouble finding not just a hospital, but a doctor. A Physician's Foundation survey revealed that 40 percent of doctors plan to "drop out of patient care in the next one to three years." Sixty percent said ObamaCare will "compel them to close or significantly restrict their practices to certain categories of patients" -- typically those on Medicare or Medicaid.

Health reform will force many folks to give up their current insurance, too
Other measures kicking in are petty -- but punitive. For example, people can no longer use tax-free Health Savings Accounts on basic over-the-counter drugs. Instead, they must pay for a doctor's appointment -- and then get a prescription for a pricier pharmacist-dispensed drug.

Each of those are explained in detail, so head over and read.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Exactly. The point you're missing is that Reid DID NOT have to bring it up for a vote. The Republicans didn't force them to do it--they can't. The vote was entirely for the record, because the Dems are standing behind the program, and most of them plan on running on that record--voting for HCR--in the next election. If you don't like the HCR program fine, but evidently the Dem's are confident that enough people DO like it that they're willing to do a public vote on it when they absolutely didn't have to. Food for thought...

They attached it to another bill....so it had to be voted on? Am I missing something here?

Also, Harry said "it would NOT come to a vote", and it did....

Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:

You are SO wrong here.....

Reid TRIED to stop it and you may recall that he vowed never to allow it to come to a vote.

But the Republicans took a hail mary around Reid:

Quote:
The repeal measure was actually in the form of an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization bill, and the vote was actually on a “budget point of order”

Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Yep. 2010 is done. Next up, campaign for 2012 at the expense of tax dollars. The country can wait.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yep. 2010 is done. Next up, campaign for 2012 at the expense of tax dollars. The country can wait.
Yep...from both sides.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies