Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Where's the Personal Responsibility here? Nobody ever intends to be addicted. Believe it or not, not even recreational drug users intend to become addicts. Sure, they know it's possible, but human nature is such that it always happens to the other guy, it's not going to happen to you.

Anybody that is prescribed opiates for pain is warned well in advance that they are taking a substance that they could become addicted to. Doctors prescribe enough for the pain and warn against abusing the drug. The person taking it knows full well when they're going beyond the amount required for pain only.

The mechanism of addiction is such that it doesn't care whether you take it for pain or pleasure, it gets you the same way, regardless.

If it were someone taking it for pleasure, you'd be harping on that they were Personally Responsible for their addiction. But in the end, Rush was just taking it like any other addict, and he full well knew it. Everybody knows it, although they may deny it, even to themselves.

Nobody "intends" to become addicted. Ask anybody who just had their very first beer if they're going to end up an alcoholic. You can bet that they think they'll be able to handle booze, and that it won't happen to them.

Rush would have been warned the Oxy was addictive, and he let it go to the point where he was addicted anyway. Just like any other addict.
Who was he hurting?? He wasn't costing taxpayer's a dime. His housekeeper willingly went and scored the pills. Someone must've told her she could sell her story and she did.

Like Fleet said, "what they do in their own house is nobody else's business" for that matter someones own body. As long as it's not costing me and harming me or others, have at it. Has the left had a change of heart or is it just a pass only reserved for the left???

I believe Pelsoi thought giving the druggies in SF clean needles was a wonderful idea. Is this how the left really thinks someone should kick the habit. Instead of a little help from your friends, the government will help be your friend.

Guess, Jimi and Janis missed government help, it might've saved them.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
While it is a good thing when an addict manages to kick that habit, it would be better if people never started to take drugs in the first place. I never understood why they do, it's beyond me...

Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
While it is a good thing when an addict manages to kick that habit, it would be better if people never started to take drugs in the first place. I never understood why they do, it's beyond me...

That always surprised me with the AA crowd. They feel they have to tell everyone they meet that they used to be a mess. Yes they should be proud for pulling it together, but should also carry a little shame for getting there in the first place.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Who was he hurting?? He wasn't costing taxpayer's a dime. His housekeeper willingly went and scored the pills. Someone must've told her she could sell her story and she did.

Like Fleet said, "what they do in their own house is nobody else's business" for that matter someones own body. As long as it's not costing me and harming me or others, have at it. Has the left had a change of heart or is it just a pass only reserved for the left???

I believe Pelsoi thought giving the druggies in SF clean needles was a wonderful idea. Is this how the left really thinks someone should kick the habit. Instead of a little help from your friends, the government will help be your friend.

Guess, Jimi and Janis missed government help, it might've saved them.............
Still not going to address the hypocrisy of him calling for capital punishment for drug dealers while he was acquiring drugs illegally himself?

What about all the people who are serving prison sentences because they didn't have the money and influence and power that Rush has? And if you don't think that Rush's power within the GOP had something to do with him getting off, then you're delusional.

And, if it's a matter of "what people do in their own house," does that extend to marriage equality? Letting people marry the person they love - even if that person is the same sex - because it's not hurting anyone else? After all, two people of the same sex marrying does you no harm and doesn't cost you a thing, so they should be allowed to get married and call it a marriage, right?

So, what about that hypocrisy, 'eh?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
My favorite is Keith Moon, died of an overdoss of prescription pills to combat his alcoholisim.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:

What does any of that have to do with anything I posted?

Where did I say anything about government help?

He became addicted, doesn't matter what his initial intentions were.

Just like every other addict.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Still not going to address the hypocrisy of him calling for capital punishment for drug dealers while he was acquiring drugs illegally himself?

What about all the people who are serving prison sentences because they didn't have the money and influence and power that Rush has? And if you don't think that Rush's power within the GOP had something to do with him getting off, then you're delusional.

And, if it's a matter of "what people do in their own house," does that extend to marriage equality? Letting people marry the person they love - even if that person is the same sex - because it's not hurting anyone else? After all, two people of the same sex marrying does you no harm and doesn't cost you a thing, so they should be allowed to get married and call it a marriage, right?

So, what about that hypocrisy, 'eh?
You seem to be confusing heroin and cocaine dealers up with doctor's who prescribe pills knowing the addiction factor. He was under doctor care.

There's a difference in the drug(cocaine,heroin) dealer's and the pharmaceutical pharmacies

I don't believe many people are in prison for prescription drug abuse, that would be many are in prison for marijuana use.

Have YOU ever seen me post against same sex marriage, I really don't care.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What does any of that have to do with anything I posted?
Your telling others what to do with their bodies. He wasn't harming anyone, even if he ended up in the hospital it still wouldn't have cost you or me a dime.

Quote:
Where did I say anything about government help?
You didn't......... I was showing how someone that the left thinks highly of deals with druggies in her city.

Quote:
He became addicted, doesn't matter what his initial intentions were.
You just remember that if you EVER get into a pain situation and need pain pills, you obviously don't know how quickly pain medication can take over and you haven't seen someone with back pain.

Quote:
Just like every other addict.
Yep, even obese people are addicted, most people are addicted to something. If it's not costing you or me it's their problem.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My favorite is Keith Moon, died of an overdoss of prescription pills to combat his alcoholisim.
Still their trying to save people from marijuana use. Wille Nelson has long out lived most rockers. Pretty silly the way the pass out pills and look how many celebrities have died in the last years from just that.

Sure haven't heard of any one dying from smoking weed, let alone a drug problem.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
You seem to be confusing heroin and cocaine dealers up with doctor's who prescribe pills knowing the addiction factor. He was under doctor care.

There's a difference in the drug(cocaine,heroin) dealer's and the pharmaceutical pharmacies
What part about Rush sending his housekeeper out to buy drugs illegally from the same street dealers that he was advocating the death penalty for that you refuse to understand?

He was not getting ALL of his pain pills from the many doctors he was scamming - he was also getting them off the street - from the same dealers who were also most likely dealing in heroin and cocaine.

Are you really that obtuse? Or are you faking it in order to avoid indicting your god Rush for being involved in illegal activity, as well as the hypocrisy of his advocating for the death penalty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies