Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you say these same things of Whitney Huston or Courtney Love, how about Lady Gaga????
Did any of those three you mentioned have a daily television and radio program where they railed and bitched about drug dealers and advocated for the death penalty for dealers - all the while they were obtaining drugs ILLEGALLY from the same type of people they wanted executed?

In fact, by sending his housekeeper out for him, that essentially made HER his dealer - maybe he thought she should get the death penalty, too?

Your hypocrisy is appalling - but not surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Anyone in a rock band from the 1960's that is still alive. Grace Slick is my favorite.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, doctor shopping was never proved!!
Quote:
In 2006, one of the most famous doctor shopping and prescription drug abuse stories came to light. Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh turned himself in to Palm Beach authorities for doctor shopping. From 1998 to 2006, Limbaugh obtained massive amounts of the painkiller OxyContin, both through multiple prescriptions from different health care providers and through illegal channels.
Drug Addiction - Doctor Shopping

Old 04-07-2012, 05:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I am.........shocked.

I find it unbelievable that you just can't seem to understand that prescription drugs, when obtained through ILLEGAL means, then become ILLEGAL to have in your possession. ILLEGAL - as in against the law, a CRIME.

And possession of prescription drugs, when obtained ILLEGALLY, is something that lesser mortals than Rush Limbaugh actually go to prison for.

That means, if you are intentionally going around to different doctors and getting prescriptions for the same drug filled by as many different doctors as possible, that you are "doctor shopping" - a crime. And when you send your housekeeper out to score prescription drugs off street dealers, that is also a crime.

But, if you are a mere mortal, and not a fat rich white slob who OWNS the republican party, chances are you are going to go to jail.

For instance, I often see in my local paper where someone is stopped for a minor traffic violation and they are found to have prescription bottles in their pocket with things like oxy and/or other narcotics that are under the name of someone else and they are charged with, I believe it's called, "possession of a controlled substance." And, unless they can convince someone that they were really picking up a prescription for their Great Aunt Mabel, they are going to be charged - with a crime (unlike Rush).

Now, under the above scenario, and based on your reasoning, those drugs are really LEGAL to have, regardless of how they were obtained. Or does that reasoning only apply to Rush?

You really need to step away from FOX - I think your reasoning capabilities have been completely fried.

I am also always surprised at how easily some people can obtain prescriptions - I have had eight surgeries on my right hand, and after each surgery, I have been prescribed some pretty heavy duty narcotics, and I'll tell you - my surgeon only lets me have those drugs for a very short time, usually just a matter of a few weeks.
Wow, nitpick galore! Your name calling against Rush shows it would be hard to logically discuss the topic and besides nothing I post will satisfy you anyway.

As for doctor shopping and/or having any illegal pills in his possession, he was not convicted of any crime because he agreed to continue treatment for addiction problems and avoid any run-ins with the law in return for not being prosecuted. Most likely due to his addition being non-intentional.

You really need to admit that what Rush did happens to many others, too. But because he is Rush, he gets all the attention about it.

My reasoning capability is fine and I don't resort to insults like you do. BTW, I watch Fox and CNN. Maybe you should do the same?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Did any of those three you mentioned have a daily television and radio program where they railed and bitched about drug dealers and advocated for the death penalty for dealers - all the while they were obtaining drugs ILLEGALLY from the same type of people they wanted executed?

In fact, by sending his housekeeper out for him, that essentially made HER his dealer - maybe he thought she should get the death penalty, too?

Your hypocrisy is appalling - but not surprising.
Doesn't matter if your on a daily show or just a public figure, a druggie is a druggie. Lady Gaga sings to many children and she knows kids buy her music, so she can supply her cocaine habit. If his housekeeper was doing this illegally she should be held some what responsible she was part of his problem, don't you think???

She made money selling her story to the Enquirer..........oh how she cared!!

Quote:
He plead not guilty and his lawyers said there was no evidence of doctor shopping............Rush Limbaugh Prescription Drug Addiction

Your hate for a person who made a mistake is more appalling.......... at least I know drugs can grab a person and make them do things they wouldn't normally do. You act like taxpayers are paying Limbaugh's salary, he can talk and do as he pleases.

Seems this is only an issue for the left, while Clinton and President Obama have admitted to smoking pot. Obama has closed down more medical marijuana shops that were voted in by the states that have them. As Obama tells us he inhaled as much as possible as often as possible............

I see no one is picking President Obama as their favorite x druggie or is he a current druggie??? Just to clarify I don't consider pot a dangerous drug, but cocaine is another factor that I believe Obama liked very much.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yup. Do you have any knowledge of the law and/or drug addiction? I think not, based on the incredible ignorance you're showing here.

You can say it all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

For one thing, I never said his rehab wasn't successful... if it was I'm truly happy for him, but I hope he realizes addiction NEVER goes away completely. He will always be an addict, and needs to be very very careful about what he consumes for the rest of his life. In case you haven't read between the lines of my other posts, I know this from personal experience.

If they became addicted, they had the tendencies - whether or not it was realized until then. How else do you explain people taking pain meds without becoming addicted? This isn't a slam on Rush personally, it's simple logic combined with scientific evidence.

Umm, no. I guess because I've been there myself, having overcome a pretty serious & deadly addiction about 15 years ago.

What does it mean to be "anti-Rush," anyway? I'm not a fan of the guy, but I have no strong feelings about him one way or another... I am merely discussing the topic of addiction, and would say the same about anyone else struggling with pill abuse. Name any Democrat who's been addicted to pills, and my statements will ALL still apply 100%.
As the saying goes, let's agree to disagree.

This is not a thread about Rush. If I were, I would continue with the discussion.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As the saying goes, let's agree to disagree.

This is not a thread about Rush. If I were, I would continue with the discussion.
I find it rather dismaying that you have defended Rush throughtout this thread.
Really dont get that.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:

You really need to admit that what Rush did happens to many others, too. But because he is Rush, he gets all the attention about it.
And because he is Rush.....he got off.

I haven't seen you express much sympathy for all the other probably hundreds of thousands of our citizens who also suffered from pain and which led them to do things they might not do otherwise, and who ended up in PRISON because of it. Just ordinary, probably mostly blue-collar types, who couldn't afford high price attorneys and who didn't have the power and influence of your "hero," Rush.

I see you also didn't address the hypocrisy of him calling for the death penalty for drug addicts and dealers, all the while that he was sucking down his own illegally obtained drugs.

Quote:
BTW, I watch Fox and CNN. Maybe you should do the same?
Not in this lifetime.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I find it rather dismaying that you have defended Rush throughtout this thread.
Really dont get that.
You don't know why? It's because his addiction was not intended. He never would have taken Oxycontin if he didn't have back pain.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
He never would have taken Oxycontin if he didn't have back pain.
And you know that.........how?

How do you know what he would or wouldn't have done? Are you going just by what he SAYS? And how do you know with absolute certainty that he's telling the truth?

How do you know what he's doing NOW?

How can you speak so definitively about what he would or wouldn't have done if he didn't have back pain?

And how do you know just how much back pain he really had? Because he said he did?

What gives YOU such great insight into Rush and his psyche? And what makes HIS pain and misery so much worse than anyone else's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies