Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM

46,357 posts, read 27,192,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No doubt and thats the pathetic part. The Media is extremely bias with the way they report their news.

- White person make a racist or inappropriate comment about Blacks the media will report it until the information is dry. Black person make a racist or inappropriate comment about a White person, it will receive a quick mention then nothing else.
- White serial killer will receive none stop coverage. Black Serial Killer will recieve almost none
- White teenager or young child go missing, National Media will provide ongoing coverage, Minority child or teenager goes missing, months go by before the National Media picks up the story.

The Media is extremely bias when it comes to news. This is a fact, no matter how much we viewers point this out to them, they will never change.
Thank you...we are on the same page...and I agree with what you have said..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,548,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thank you...we are on the same page...and I agree with what you have said..

No problem. I do see things the way they are..I can't stand when posters automatically assume that Liberals (not this case but also Blacks) Think in lockstep, but on the other side of the coin you have posters that believe Republicans (not this case but also Whites) Think in lockstep.

If everyone stop and think instead of trying to be a smart arse (Not You), then we could get back to holding those Idiots in Washington accountable and actually start to work for their paychecks, NAACP, Messy Jesse, Big Perm are so not relevent to me, it would be nice if folks stop bringing them up.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,989,029 times
Who cares what the media decides to report or not report. Who cares about the difference between individual and groups?

This story, and others I could cite, only prove that the NAACP is very selective about whom they direct their outrage over. It's HYPOCRISY to the enth degree!

It's much like how NOW never speaks out on behalf of a conservative woman.

In Condi Rice's case, neither NOW or the NAACP spoke out against the racist and chauvinistic comments made about her. The first Black woman ever to hold such a high position in this government's history and it's OK to call her Aunt Jemima, house slave, and worse.

But even when they (the NAACP) can't find and real evidence of racism concerning a Liberal or Democrat, they sure can go public with cries of racism (ie: the Tea Party must be racist if it disagrees with Obama's policies).

Liberals called this Black woman horrible things and even talked of violence against her.

Clarence Thomas was insulted with racial slurs and again, talk of violence.

Instead of talking about the media or distinguishing between individuals and groups....it might be refreshing to see a Liberal actually say that the NAACP is biased and hypocritical for a change.

They lack anything approaching credibility when they only show their outrage selectively.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,548,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Who cares what the media decides to report or not report. Who cares about the difference between individual and groups?

This story, and others I could cite, only prove that the NAACP is very selective about whom they direct their outrage over. It's HYPOCRISY to the enth degree!

It's much like how NOW never speaks out on behalf of a conservative woman.

In Condi Rice's case, neither NOW or the NAACP spoke out against the racist and chauvinistic comments made about her. The first Black woman ever to hold such a high position in this government's history and it's OK to call her Aunt Jemima, house slave, and worse.

But even when they (the NAACP) can't find and real evidence of racism concerning a Liberal or Democrat, they sure can go public with cries of racism (ie: the Tea Party must be racist if it disagrees with Obama's policies).

Liberals called this Black woman horrible things and even talked of violence against her.

Clarence Thomas was insulted with racial slurs and again, talk of violence.

Instead of talking about the media or distinguishing between individuals and groups....it might be refreshing to see a Liberal actually say that the NAACP is biased and hypocritical for a change.

They lack anything approaching credibility when they only show their outrage selectively.

Wow...Chucknee, I apologize for accusing you for not comprehending and ranting....This one is a winner..Whew...

Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,989,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow...Chucknee, I apologize for accusing you for not comprehending and ranting....This one is a winner..Whew...

Guess what...I comprehend more than you may have the capacity to understand.

I say LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS because that's where the DIFFERENTIATION lies with the NAACP and NOW.

If you think that isn't pertinent to the discussion then you are the one who isn't comprehending.

It's THEY who are doing the differentiating. They only speak up when it's a Liberal or Democrat and never on behalf of a Conservative/Republican.

By not speaking up....they are CONDONING it.

I'll rant anytime I see such obvious hypocrisy and I believe I have that right.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM

52,773 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is a no-win for the NAACP anyway. It's not worth arguing about.

First of all, Republicans hate the NAACP and don't want them defending anyone. But if Clarence Thomas is slighted, then they want them to jump to HIS defense. Again, arrogant conservative whites who want to tell black folks what to do when they want them to do it....otherwise, BE QUIET!

Like i said before, he doesn't want their defense, so there is no reason for them to offer it. Clarence Thomas is a black man, and whatever acrimony exists between him and the NAACP is for them to work out between black folks. If he wants their defense, he can ask for it just like other people do. If not, then so be it. But i don't know why outsiders (non-blacks) feel like this is their issue. Thomas is a big boy...he can take care of himself.
Kindly provide documentation for your premise that the NAACP only leaps into action upon request of the slighted party.
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Kindly provide documentation for your premise that the NAACP only leaps into action upon request of the slighted party.
Thanks in advance.
Where did i say that? I said that if he wants their help, he can ask for it.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,416,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
NAACP won (http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110207/pl_dailycaller/naacpwone28099tdirectlyaddressracismleveledagainst clarencethomasatprogressiveprotest - broken link)

Yessiree folks, this is where real racism and hate originates.

Could you imagine the outrage if this came from the other side?????

As long as you agree with their agenda, it doesn't matter what you say or do.
Sorry to break the news to you, but the Right represents racism and bigotry in this country. This link is a non-issue.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,315,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Hypocrisy is the basis for the far left platform. After that comes deflection, then lies.
Oh as oppose to the Right where the basis of their platform is fear, hatred, stupidity, ignornace, and greed.

Gotcha!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,008,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Guess what...I comprehend more than you may have the capacity to understand.

I say LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS because that's where the DIFFERENTIATION lies with the NAACP and NOW.

If you think that isn't pertinent to the discussion then you are the one who isn't comprehending.

It's THEY who are doing the differentiating. They only speak up when it's a Liberal or Democrat and never on behalf of a Conservative/Republican.

By not speaking up....they are CONDONING it.

I'll rant anytime I see such obvious hypocrisy and I believe I have that right.
The NAALCP is only interested in dem/lib causes and people who believe as they do. They have made themselves irrelevant due to the fact they have become nothing more than an arm of/propaganda mouthpiece for the democrat party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies