Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think because of Bristol, her mother will never be elected President.

In my view, the GOP would do better with someone else like Ron Paul or Mitt Romney to be the candidate in 2012.
I would of considered voting for her, before she quit her job as Governor. Mccain was beaten, did he quit his job that he was elected to hold? I could care less what Bristol does, she's an adult, a 20 year old that does what she wants to do. If Palin was a liberal she'd have support from liberals and democrats. I believe in finishing what you started, its not like she was going broke as the Governor of Alaska. Palin quit to serve a higher purpose, not the VP, but herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I would of considered voting for her, before she quit her job as Governor. Mccain was beaten, did he quit his job that he was elected to hold? I could care less what Bristol does, she's an adult, a 20 year old that does what she wants to do. If Palin was a liberal she'd have support from liberals and democrats. I believe in finishing what you started, its not like she was going broke as the Governor of Alaska. Palin quit to serve a higher purpose, not the VP, but herself.
No she was not going broke but, there was a lot of money from Alaska being spent over accusations made.

I am sure some true, some not.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
If Palin was a liberal, she wouldn't be talking about "real Americans", and espousing all sorts of conservative positions. It's not personal, it's politics. I agree she should not have quit. Many Alaskans feel it was not necessary for her to quit b/c of the cost of defending herself.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think it's simple. It's really not Bristol Palin's fault that she was not given the benefit of good parenting -a healthy self esteem, self confidence, and a love of learning and service to others. What ever you think about their parents, Chelsea Clinton has accomplished this, as have Jena and Barbara Bush.
What upsets me as a parent, and as a liberal is the Palin families utter lack of morals and values.
While I am a political liberal, I am also against anything that glorifies teenage motherhood.
I also think that there is an order to follow in life that seems to have the best outcome - go to college, then marry , then have a planned family. Work at some thing that gives you happiness and do not glorify money and material possessions. This seems to be a winning formula!
Teenage motherhood effects two young lives and has been the cause of many wasted lives, substance abuse and child abuse. It is a national shame!
Let her write her memoir. If anything, I feel sorry for the Palin family. They really are an example of the worst that America has to offer - religious hypocrisy, lust for power, money,fame and a distaste for formal education.

This is a family is like a carnival act.
Well, obviously some college students feel pretty much the
same way.

Bristol Palin's Abstinence Talk at Washington University Panel Cancelled after Student Outcry - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"People are getting so angry because of the opposition to Palin's lack of expertise and the high cost she is charging."
She has been known to charge anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 per occasion.

One quote from a student on CNN this morning: "Bristol Palin doesn't know anything about either college or abstinence".

Old 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
To hear HER SPEAK? This is a scam and a shame!
The Palin family does so much to encapsulate the lazy, greedy, fame hungry, materialistic and illiterate society that has overtaken America. Toys, McMansins, guns, and fundamentalist religion - with a health dose of drugs and promiscuity.
Todd Palin is a professional snow mobile rider and mom attended 6 or 7 mediocre colleges before finally eking out a BA from some ignominious college.
And she wants to run for president?
Both mother and daughter are attention seeking narcissists. Bristol learned from the one of the best.

How can much be expected of Bristol Palin when Sarah Palin, who is vehemently against abortion, had her last baby at a time in life when complications - Down's Syndrome is only one of them are common? I guess kids look good as props...

I wonder if being perpetually pregnant, child on hip, feeds some gnawing need for recognition and achievement. Like mother like daughter!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
How can much be expected of Bristol Palin when Sarah Palin, who is vehemently against abortion, had her last baby at a time in life when complications - Down's Syndrome is only one of them are common? I guess kids look good as props...
Can you explain this statement a little more for us? I really want to hope that you aren't saying all DS children should be aborted... I also hope you're aren't saying that women shouldn't have children later in life due to potential complications.

Aside from all the blind hate what exactly did that mean?

Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If Palin was a liberal, she wouldn't be talking about "real Americans", and espousing all sorts of conservative positions. It's not personal, it's politics. I agree she should not have quit. Many Alaskans feel it was not necessary for her to quit b/c of the cost of defending herself.
Additionally, politicians NEVER QUIT based on any altrustic motive to save the tax payers money in defending their "innocence."

When innocent, a politician will fight to the death and spend all the tax payer money they want to prove their "innocence".

Seems obvious to me that Palin quit because she wanted to get away from the heat........she wanted the investigations to stop and she wanted the focus to shift. She KNEW that she was going to get "caught" and then the money-making potential might slip away. AND she wanted the MONEY......her "god."

Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I don't hate anyone. I do think that this family is a train wreck. They are not the Buckley family or the Bushes. There are many political conservatives who live normal lives and set high standards for their children
I am a Democrat who does the same.

I believe in planned lives and planned families. I am very conservative when it comes to this. If my daughter wee ever to become pregnant while still a child, I would do anything in my power to help her to redirect her life back to the normal sequence of events. This would include family counseling - not a stint on reality TV. She would have two choices. But since abstinence is the one she is choosing now, that is not a problem Her self esteem is high and she does not need to "put out" in order to obtain attention. She is 15 -she wants to go to college, to travel and then to marry. She is not thinking about babies.
High School to College to marriage to family. Simple!

I would not be at all upset if one of my children were gay. However I would apply the same standards to gay children as I would to straight.

It is my feeling that Sarah Palin became pregnant so late in life as publicity stunt. To attract attention and to feed her insatiable narcissism.

I feel very sorry for all of her children. None are doing well.
When Bristol's 15 minutes of fame are up, and the money from Dancing with the Stars is gone, what is left?
Who will take care of her child when and if she does attend college? What is the chance that she will finish college with a baby and no husband?

There is no "blind hate" here. I do have a very focused distaste for actions that ruin lives.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
I don't hate anyone. I do think that this family is a train wreck. They are not the Buckley family or the Bushes. There are many political conservatives who live normal lives and set high standards for their children
I am a Democrat who does the same.

I believe in planned lives and planned families. I am very conservative when it comes to this. If my daughter wee ever to become pregnant while still a child, I would do anything in my power to help her to redirect her life back to the normal sequence of events. This would include family counseling - not a stint on reality TV. She would have two choices. But since abstinence is the one she is choosing now, that is not a problem Her self esteem is high and she does not need to "put out" in order to obtain attention. She is 15 -she wants to go to college, to travel and then to marry. She is not thinking about babies.
High School to College to marriage to family. Simple!

I would not be at all upset if one of my children were gay. However I would apply the same standards to gay children as I would to straight.

It is my feeling that Sarah Palin became pregnant so late in life as publicity stunt. To attract attention and to feed her insatiable narcissism.

I feel very sorry for all of her children. None are doing well.
When Bristol's 15 minutes of fame are up, and the money from Dancing with the Stars is gone, what is left?
Who will take care of her child when and if she does attend college? What is the chance that she will finish college with a baby and no husband?

There is no "blind hate" here. I do have a very focused distaste for actions that ruin lives.
The right likes to accuse anyone who doesn't like the Palins of hate or blind hate because it switches the focus from the real topic, the Palins (who are indefensible) on to the speaker which is a logical fallacy called Red Herring. Its really sad how so many on this board have never even heard of these fallacies but like to come on here for a debate.

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallac...#Red%20herring

Last edited by Lindsey_Mcfarren; 02-13-2011 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Added Link

Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Just another example of Sarah pimping her children. The little ones who can't get pregnant have to be stage props for Mama Grizzly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies