Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,224,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Another Liberal Swing & Miss

It's the Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama)
Show now, in fact If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.
Do you realize how ridiculous your Sean Hannity-Michelle Malkin impersonation looks?

Can't you move beyond high school politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I understand your complaints and I do agree, both sides are just as guilty in this regard.

You may want to look deeper into history than just Bush, most problems we have today go back decades. Just for example the middle east issue has been a bi-partisan mistake for decades. (D) Harry Truman’s government was in charge when we helped the UK tople the Iranian government and instill the Shah. 60 years later we are still paying for that one.

We should have listened to Jefferson.

Look beyond political parties and pep rally politics, it is the elite that is the problem, left and right.

We need the government out of the game and only have them as referee.
I agree, but many people conveniently forget about Bush policies when discussing Obama. I provided 2 examples only. Tax breaks for the rich added more to the national debt, although people ignore this, too.
You do have to go back decades.
I see many problems that started with Nixon in today's world.

Of course, Obama gets the blame for specific actions that Bush put into play.
Short memories or lies, I'm not sure.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,224,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree, but many people conveniently forget about Bush policies when discussing Obama. I provided 2 examples only. Tax breaks for the rich added more to the national debt, although people ignore this, too.
You do have to go back decades.
I see many problems that started with Nixon in today's world.

Of course, Obama gets the blame for specific actions that Bush put into play.
Short memories or lies, I'm not sure.
What helped me was finally giving up on the personalities and platitudes in politics. Picking out individual players in the massive game controlled by the elite is a waste of time.

If you run the numbers (don’t rely on political platitudes “tax cuts for the rich”, etc, those are sidetracking statements) you will see that there isn’t enough money to fund the government we have. We have a debt because we have private banks lending us money to use as our currency, if we didn’t have a debt, we would not have money.

Take the focus off of who pays taxes and onto what is the best most fair and efficient (hint, tax government granted monopoly). Focus on spending, the banking system and how the game is rigged without debt free currency.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Conservative: "Wow, I can't believe we're going to have a $1.1 Trillion deficit next year. Obama just doesn't get."

Liberal: "Oh yeh? Well Bush wasn't that good with our deficit either. Now it's our turn; get used to it."

Seems to be the general discourse in the country: not sure what it solves exactly
Well cherry picking scenarios like the one above does not set the framework for an honest discussion b/c it subtly implies that President Obama inherited a balanced budget. It's almost like calling the fire dept. to put out a fire, and then charging them with arson...

Last edited by africanboy; 02-14-2011 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They use neo cons instead of saying Jews, it really is thinly veiled anti-semitism.
Oh good God almighty, what a bunch of horse hockey, are you serious?

Neoconservativsm is a legitimate form of political philosophy, which is an amalgam of liberal progressive ideals as relating to foreign policy and a penchant towards strong national defense (offense).

It has nothing to what so ever to do with antisemitism and I don't know what poor fool smoking mushrooms would suggest such a thing considering that Dick WASP Cheney and Jed WASP Bush were some of the most prominent Neoconservatives of our day.

Good grief, I wonder if people have ever read a book they didn't have to color.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
What helped me was finally giving up on the personalities and platitudes in politics. Picking out individual players in the massive game controlled by the elite is a waste of time.

If you run the numbers (don’t rely on political platitudes “tax cuts for the rich”, etc, those are sidetracking statements) you will see that there isn’t enough money to fund the government we have. We have a debt because we have private banks lending us money to use as our currency, if we didn’t have a debt, we would not have money.

Take the focus off of who pays taxes and onto what is the best most fair and efficient (hint, tax government granted monopoly). Focus on spending, the banking system and how the game is rigged without debt free currency.
You're simplifying the problem.
Anything we're discussing on-line is not as simple as presented or argued.

I have a job and knowledge from that job that I could use to dispel some stupid comments here but I won't/don't for security and clearance reasons. But I do shake my head a lot of the time.

The bottom line is greed and fear; and greed comes from fear.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,832,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Yep Herman Cain was right about liberals indeed, They S.I.N.

S-hift the topic
I-gnore the facts
N-ame call

Deflection is one very solid method that Alinsky taught his liberal community organizers and that they are conditioned to believe the government.

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) believes that he is superior to most of the rest of us and he is entitled to impose his will on us by any means necessary.
I'll take a shot.

S - where was your response relative to the topic?

I - What facts are you even talking about? Seems more like a crazy off-topic rant, but if you can show me how the facts you're talking about relate to the OP then great.

N - Well, your next incomplete thought kind of wraps that up.

How hilariously hypocritical.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe because many of you (Rs/TPers) said nothing when Bush was at the helm causing many of the problems you blame on Obama.

If you're left with a really deep hole, you have to do somethig to try to get out.

Take, for instance, the bailouts.
Bush started them and set most of them into play.

Who started the wars in the middle east? Bush & neo-cons; not Obama.

So, how's that going?

Last of the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan?

America back to work?

Those massive 400 billion dollar Bush deficits under control?

How Did GW Bush Cause Our Current Economic Problems?

Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,718,032 times
If you read this forum you'll find conservatives do it as well. Anytime anyone accuses conservatives of unfairly bashing Obama or something, they always come back and tell you how Bush was bashed, thus justifying it in their minds. It's just politics for the simple minded on both sides.

The reality is that conservatives were trying to foist our problems on Obama before he even took office instead of taking responsiblity for their poor leadership choice under Bush. When you have someone like Obama who's playing for what they perceive to be the other team, the gloves come off because there's no sense of loyalty and a strong desire to prove that everybody who disagrees with you is an idiot.

You can't just shut down the government if you want to remain competitive. The whole reason we built the railroad, the highways, the internet, etc... was because of government investment, so it's wise to strike the balance. If only either side would tackle defense, Medicare, and Social Security, we might get somewhere.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,718,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, how's that going?
So far pretty good.

Quote:
Last of the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan?
Obama did exactly what he said he would - end combat operations in Iraq and keep only peace-keeping forces while ramping up the war in Afghanistan.

Quote:
America back to work?
The private sector is creating jobs again, corporate profits are up, the stock market rebounded... the unemployment rate will continue to drop, but slowly given the depth of recession. It's all moving in the right direction, though.

Quote:
Those massive 400 billion dollar Bush deficits under control?
More could be done, but you don't want to go overboard in trying to get the fiscal house in order while the economy is still in a fragile recovery. People just need to be patient. The plan all along has been to get the economy roaring again and then deal with the deficit. This budget proposal begins that process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies