Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,130,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The earth revolving around the sun is a fact. those that do not think that are factually wrong.
See? You're figuring it out.

Not all opinions are created equal. Just like I said.

Good for you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
why don't we round up the illegals send them back, lock the borders. Stop giving freebies to illegals . make a program that is workable to get work visas for those that re needed for jobs. Protect our borders stop the invasion
Wrong thread.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
My Spanish is rusty and I shouldn't have to be forced to re-learn it.
Then move to Canada.... just not Quebec.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The French were some of the original settlers of Canada, not the case in the USA - we had French but they were concentrated to parts of the south and came later. The reason for the language changing is because of rampant illegal immigration. 25 years ago it didn't exist in these numbers.
Ooooh... do I dare point out that of all the Europeans, the Spaniards got here first? That there are "Mexicans" living in most of the Western States whose families have been living there since before the US even declared independence?

Or would that just be rude?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,529,271 times
Quote:
The French were some of the original settlers of Canada, not the case in the USA - we had French but they were concentrated to parts of the south and came later. The reason for the language changing is because of rampant illegal immigration. 25 years ago it didn't exist in these numbers.
The argument that the french were original settler doesn't fly to well with the english speaking population.

The implementation of billingual laws were made mostly to appease seperatism sentiment.

The french and english are pretty isolated from one another in Canada (it's called the Two Solitudes) and billinguality from coast to coast makes little sense.

I speak two languages. It's not the end of the world and actually, it gives you different perspectives. You can do it

Btw, the Acadian deportations to Louisiana started three decades before the American revolution. The province of Quebec used to stretched far into what is now US territory: http://www.salic-slmc.ca/content_images/234003.gif

And later, french Lousianna took up a massive chunk of the now USA: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....rc/1810map.jpg

By your logic, you should consider the french as founders as well and you should have french as an official language but since there are so few french speaking people that wouldn't make any sense wouldn't it?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,528,007 times
Quote:
Actually, it's just one more thing that's adding up.

When it happens with regularity it's time for concern, and the time for concern is now, not tomorrow or 5 months from now, but NOW.
list of the things that are "adding up" please.

1): one helicopter hovered for 15minutes one mile into US airspace.

2): 12 guys in a truck made a U-turn.

3): ....... ???

Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,254,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
It's not an opinion that illegal immigration isn't war. It's a fact. Look up the meaning of war. It says "open armed conflict between states". The only way your opinion would be valid is if you managed to redefine the meaning of war. As of now, you are wrong. And so were you when he answered everyone of your "name me one country..."

India's (unreliable) figures on illegal immigration are between 2 and 20 million. Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The NHS's problem with illegal immegration are well known. Reform has been attempted. I live in Canada and the same issues are constantly brought up. France has similar problems as well. Google is your friend.

As for billingual numbers, it's common knowledge that Canada is billingual. Maybe not the population, but its institutions are required to be and most business have adapted. Btw, when someone calls me at work, they have to press 9 for english.

You probably knew these were true but you are more interested in not losing face so keep typing.
: a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism b : a struggle or competition between opposing forces or for a particular end <a class war> <a war against disease> War - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Wrong thread.
what to do with border war prisoners... right thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
: a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism b : a struggle or competition between opposing forces or for a particular end <a class war> <a war against disease> War - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
You have now devalued the meaning of the word "war" to where it is effectively meaningless.

Excuse, me for a while, I have to go out in the yard where I am in a war with my crab grass.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You have now devalued the meaning of the word "war" to where it is effectively meaningless.

Excuse, me for a while, I have to go out in the yard where I am in a war with my crab grass.
I have not devalued anything i posted a defintion for war.
I understand the crab grass wars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies