Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It's the same thing, what they can't do with bombs and bullets they are doing with their babies. They can't beat us on the battlefield, so they will outbreed us and beat us at the ballot box instead.
Yes and America as you know and love it will be gone forever.

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP IT!

By the way how's your spanish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
More important people on both sides of the border are getting wealthy on the drug trade than are dying of it. So long as there is big money to be made the situation will be protected by both sides.

Just like alcohol prohibition there was only one Elliot Ness but there were thousands making money in the middle of a economic collapse.
Not only are people getting rich off the drugs they are getting rich off the cheap immigrant labor crossing the border.

The dirty little secret is it benefits people ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER.

This isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
GREAT! Now we can bring all our troops home from the Petroleum Wars and fight the terrorists much nearer home. Only problem is we might just lose this version of the Mexican War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Exactly!!! Is there any oil in Mexico BTW????
Oh FFS! Behind Canada, Mexico is the second largest supplier of oil to the US and has been for many, many years. Mexico sends us more than 400 million barrels every year, or 1,096,000 barrels every day. And some people think that this will end "Petroleum Wars"?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Whether it be the cartels or actual Mexican soldiers, is anyone thinking of what would have happened had they NOT decided to turn around?
Yea a traffic ticket for having too many guys in the back of pickup.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,464,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Yes and America as you know and love it will be gone forever.

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP IT!

By the way how's your spanish?
My Spanish is rusty and I shouldn't have to be forced to re-learn it.

Anyone coming here should be required to learn ENGLISH.

If I go to any nation south of the border they're not printing out pamphlets in English at taxpayer expense for me to understand what they've been doing for years before I arrived in the language I speak fluently.

You try to pull 1/10th of the crap they do here on a daily basis down there and they tell you to "go pound sand". Here we make accommodations for anything and everything that gets here. It's like crossing "homeplate" in baseball. If you could get to "home" you score!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Key word: accidental.

This was no accident but rather a blatant act of war upon a sovereign nation by the armed forces of Mexico.

And don't tell me they dident know where they were. They knew damn well what side of the line they were on.
Oh, for gawd's sake! As Shakespeare would say this is "much ado about nothing."

Old 02-17-2011, 01:28 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the earth revolves around the sun is a fact
You are stupid or not stupid is an opinion. Slap yourself
It's not an opinion that illegal immigration isn't war. It's a fact. Look up the meaning of war. It says "open armed conflict between states". The only way your opinion would be valid is if you managed to redefine the meaning of war. As of now, you are wrong. And so were you when he answered everyone of your "name me one country..."

India's (unreliable) figures on illegal immigration are between 2 and 20 million. Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The NHS's problem with illegal immegration are well known. Reform has been attempted. I live in Canada and the same issues are constantly brought up. France has similar problems as well. Google is your friend.

As for billingual numbers, it's common knowledge that Canada is billingual. Maybe not the population, but its institutions are required to be and most business have adapted. Btw, when someone calls me at work, they have to press 9 for english.

You probably knew these were true but you are more interested in not losing face so keep typing.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, for gawd's sake! As Shakespeare would say this is "much ado about nothing."

Actually, it's just one more thing that's adding up.

When it happens with regularity it's time for concern, and the time for concern is now, not tomorrow or 5 months from now, but NOW.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
why don't we round up the illegals send them back, lock the borders. Stop giving freebies to illegals . make a program that is workable to get work visas for those that re needed for jobs. Protect our borders stop the invasion
Because people here in the United States benefit from all the cheap immigrant labor and the drugs.

It won't stop because it's ECONOMICALLY VIABLE to people on both sides of the border.

We are not going to send illegal immigrants back. They are going to have children and these chidren are going to be American citizens and they are going to vote. They will control the states of California and Texas. The two states with huge electoral vote totals. In about 20 years the Latino vote will be the defning force in American politics. In about 10 to 20 years we'll have a President of Latin American descent.

Large numbers of Americans will be dismayed by the change in demographics. There will be poltical and social unrest and some Americans will emigrate to other countries but it won't matter. The numbers are simply too great. The United States will start looking like Latin America by 2050.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
It's not an opinion that illegal immigration isn't war. It's a fact. Look up the meaning of war. It says "open armed conflict between states". The only way your opinion would be valid is if you managed to redefine the meaning of war. As of now, you are wrong. And so were you when he answered everyone of your "name me one country..."

India's (unreliable) figures on illegal immigration are between 2 and 20 million. Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The NHS's problem with illegal immegration are well known. Reform has been attempted. I live in Canada and the same issues are constantly brought up. France has similar problems as well. Google is your friend.

As for billingual numbers, it's common knowledge that Canada is billingual. Maybe not the population, but its institutions are required to be and most business have adapted. Btw, when someone calls me at work, they have to press 9 for english.

You probably knew these were true but you are more interested in not losing face so keep typing.
The French were some of the original settlers of Canada, not the case in the USA - we had French but they were concentrated to parts of the south and came later. The reason for the language changing is because of rampant illegal immigration. 25 years ago it didn't exist in these numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies