Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will white's vote for Obama in 2012
Yes 63 52.07%
No 53 43.80%
I'm not voting 6 4.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
talk about a Sheeple.

This woman is saying she will vote for him not matter what. Even if he reauthorizes the Patriot act. Even if he keeps bailing out corporations and raising taxes on low income people. Even if he sends the military on peaceful protesters. Even if he declares himself dictator but holds a mock election for his pride.

Good thing we know there are people who don't think before they vote.
Excuse me? Were any of those qualifiers in the poll? Do you have evidence, based on past performance, that President Obama will declare himself dictator? How absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
As a white American I don't vote for a president or official by race. I vote by ability, issues, personality, track record, and political associations. I also like an articulate, personable, and witty leader. I look at what state they come from and what issues were or are more prudent in that state. I even look at the car they drive and tie they wear but not race.
I feel the same way as a black American but for some reason some of my white counterparts seem to believe that's impossible.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I'm white and I'm not voting for him in 2012. 4 years of him is enough for me.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

I feel the same way as a black American but for some reason some of my white counterparts seem to believe that's impossible.
Come on, admit it. Blacks only vote for blacks. And they only vote for them because they're blacks. Just ask Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

What?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Come on, admit it. Blacks only vote for blacks. And they only vote for them because they're blacks. Just ask Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

What?
Okay so what you're really saying is that black people aren't intelligent enough to vote based on anything other than race? You're really saying that black people are incapable of rational thought?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
I dont get it, does I'm not voting mean in the elaction or in this stupid poll?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Okay so what you're really saying is that black people aren't intelligent enough to vote based on anything other than race? You're really saying that black people are incapable of rational thought?
I was hoping you would recognize the sarcasm based on the fact that it's obviously a false statement, since neither Jessie Jackson nor Al Sharpton garnered much support at all, let alone unified support from the black community.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM

371 posts, read 393,311 times
98% of blacks voted for Obama. Ones interviewed coming out of the polls were clueless. Black people I work alongside openly said they voted by race.

After seeing how majority of blacks vote I will never vote for anyone other than a white or Asian.

But, a lot of white people are terrified of being called racist and will do anything to prove it. Obama has a lot of loyalty from these people and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get re-elected in 2012.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
I'm not White, I'm Asian. I will not be voting. The Dem And Repub parties both stink. Why should I vote for those who are working for others and have no interest in our concerns.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I was hoping you would recognize the sarcasm based on the fact that it's obviously a false statement, since neither Jessie Jackson nor Al Sharpton garnered much support at all, let alone unified support from the black community.
Sorry, I've just seen that comment so many times on this forum that it's hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic. People have actually had the nerve to say this to my face, tell me flat out they don't care what I say black people vote for black people. It drives me crazy because that's pretty much the same argument they used to keep us from voting in this first place.

They kept running around yelling "the majority of blacks voted for Obama" well the majority of blacks usually vote Democrat so what's your point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies