Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,808,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Funny how quotas are suddenly a good and principle thing when it serves some folks purposes.
It's quite ironic that racial quotas are owned by the Dems and always have been. Look at the liberal quotas being placed on sex in college sports that is killing small programs. To even mention quotas in the context of votes is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,703 times
Did I miss something?

Why is everyone being so hateful toward each other today?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,399,368 times
Quote:
What spurred Kebreau to become a public speaker occurred in September 2009, when a South Carolina representative yelled, "You lie," during President Obama's health care address to Congress.

"I realized immediately that the next day he was going to be called a racist," Kebreau said.
I wonder how many other people went there immediately? My immediate thought was "he yelled at the president in the middle of Congress"
Making it a racial issue from either side was an error in my eyes because the issue was the conduct of an elected official. I can't think of any other job where you can yell at your superior while he's speaking and it be okay. Those were my thoughts not "oh man, they're going to call that poor guy racist"

Anyway, I'm still looking for the part in the link where he brought the conservative message to black voters. Somebody point it out to me.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 PM

446 posts, read 650,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Did I miss something?

Why is everyone being so hateful toward each other today?
One word: Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Tea Party backer brings conservative message to black voters"

There really wasn't any need for him to do so, since black voters are well aware of the "conservative message," which is why they vote en mass for the Democratic Party.
Could not have said it any better.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,317,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
MELBOURNE, Fla. — Frantz Kebreau's speech of creating a colorblind society captured David Folsom's attention almost instantaneously.

Folsom, a Titusville resident, had decided it was time to visit the restroom during the Independence Day Tea Party rally at Space Coast Stadium.
"I had taken about six steps and he had said about six words and I said to myself, 'You know, I can wait,'" Folsom said.
Kebreau, a former Naval lieutenant commander, put his career as a commercial airline pilot on hold a little over a year ago and began promoting his message to the national stage.
Since then, he has progressed to speaking locally and elsewhere about what he says is the untold history of race in the United States.

Tea Party backer brings conservative message to black voters - USATODAY.com

Wow, impressive !
Until he can get his Conservative bertheren to renounce some of their racially insensetive and in some cases racially hateful remarks he's got a serious uphill climb ahead.

And what's more important is the thinking behind the remarks.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,726,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
ive never had problems with the tea party outside of some radical members posting signs of obama as hitler and what not..

i do know that white surpremacists have tried to infilitrate the tea party. they see it as fertile ground for new recruits. you also have various supremcists on this forum that come from stormfront on here as well, so im sure they could attest to that if they would be willing to, which i doubt.

like i said before, i dont like radicals.

left wing radicals, or right wing radicals.

i like sensible, calm, no drama people, left or right. im not an idealogue.
I concur. Also, why on earth would anyone vote, based on partisan ideals or unrealistic campaign promises, that neither party / candidate seems to adhere to all that well?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Shoot. I just realized this was a February 2011 thread. I really have to pay attention to such details.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Because apparently we're so fixated on us being black that we can't think about anything else. You should know that by looking at the number of black focused threads we start everyday.

Back to the OP: I'm confused.

I have a couple of Haitian friends and associates; even the ones that were born here do not calls themselves black or African-American. They call themselves Haitian.

Uh, that what they are...Haitians, people from Haiti
It is easy to refer to your homeland if you know where you came from

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
How can a man speak to a group of people that he refuses to identify with, in regards to their political beliefs and struggles? In short how can a man who lived his whole life as such, put on womans clothes and than speak to them about giving birth? (how is that for an example?)

Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How can a man speak to a group of people that he refuses to identify with, in regards to their political beliefs and struggles? In short how can a man who lived his whole life as such, put on womans clothes and than speak to them about giving birth? (how is that for an example?)
He can do it but not very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies