Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:43 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Uh, that what they are...Haitians, people from Haiti
It is easy to refer to your homeland if you know where you came from
Heck. If we go back far enough (75,000 years or so), aren't we all East African?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,962 times
"Tea Party"...it sounds so much nicer than, "A Mob of Racist Homophobes."

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
So let me get this striaght....some tom(all black tea party supporters are toms deal with it)gets up in front of a 99.9% white crowd and that somehow sends the conservative message to black people. This group showed up because of hatred of a black man in the white house. How can any black person be a part of this group. Join the clan instead at least they are truthful.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Sorry a Haitian American married to a white woman will persuade very few Black Americans to switch to the GOP much less the Tea Party.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So let me get this striaght....some tom(all black tea party supporters are toms deal with it)gets up in front of a 99.9% white crowd and that somehow sends the conservative message to black people. This group showed up because of hatred of a black man in the white house. How can any black person be a part of this group. Join the clan instead at least they are truthful.
He's not a "Tom" he has a differing view that's all. Plus he is not really a Black American but Haitian American. My guess is he doesn't see himself as even that which is sad but that's his choice.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
How can a man speak to a group of people that he refuses to identify with, in regards to their political beliefs and struggles? In short how can a man who lived his whole life as such, put on womans clothes and than speak to them about giving birth? (how is that for an example?)
Excellent point. Maybe his message would be better received in Haitian American circles.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Heck. If we go back far enough (75,000 years or so), aren't we all East African?
Maybe not just East African but from some part of the country. I guess my point is that many of the blacks of African and Carribean descent distance themselves far away from the blacks in America. These are the same people that will tear down black people quicker then some of the more ardent racist, not realizing that they are viewed as being another n****r!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
He is catering to the ONLY audience that will listen to him. Sadly, the original teaparty only wanted smaller government and fiscal accountability. How it came to what Palyin and the rest of the clueless are saying is beyond me

Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
He is catering to the ONLY audience that will listen to him. Sadly, the original teaparty only wanted smaller government and fiscal accountability. How it came to what Palyin and the rest of the clueless are saying is beyond me
This is true. I say it over and over this group is not the Ron Paul group. It is a palin bachman group started in racial response to Obama.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
This is true. I say it over and over this group is not the Ron Paul group. It is a palin bachman group started in racial response to Obama.
I realize this after the fact, but many people (especially the ones targeted by the nut brigade) do not know that there is a separate branch of the T.P. For some reason the nut bridgade a.k.a the teabaggers are the ones that get the most coverage and make the rest look bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies