Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

Advertisements

Svante Arrhenius told of how good a warmer climate would be for man and that it would be needed for agricultural success that would be required to feed a growing population. Also, Arrhenius estimated that halving of CO2 would decrease temperatures by 4 - 5 °C and a doubling of CO2 would cause a temperature rise of 5 - 6 degrees Celsius or 7 - 11 degrees Fahrenheit. Recent (2007) estimates from IPCC say this value (the Climate sensitivity) is likely to be between 2 and 4.5 degrees celsius (3.6-8.1 farenheit).
Why does Gore keep thumping on 10+ degrees if the IPCC doesn't even have that as their highest estimate? He constantly throws their name out as an irrefutable source of consensus science, and then makes claims that don't line up with theirs. Junk science, emotion driven exaggeration and fearmongering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:12 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
wow, does he also have to tell you to put www. in front of nasa.gov?

here's the whole URL just for you... NASA - Home

here's another one: Google
Good lord, is it that complicated for y'all?

He's making reference to some specific study. A study that for all I know may not exist. By pointing me to Google.com or Nasa.gov, that does not help me even slightly.

That's like asking for directions to someone's house, and them saying, "Oh, it's in North America."

Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
1. because you were having a hard time finding the NASA web site

2. because it's a well known fact that, given the proper search parameters, Google will find EVERYTHING..

Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
1. because you were having a hard time finding the NASA web site
No, I wasn't having a hard time finding the NASA website, because I wasn't looking for the NASA website. I was having a hard time finding the specific page that has the alleged study that might exist within the thousands of webpages under the nasa.gov domain.

Quote:
2. because it's a well known fact that, given the proper search parameters, Google will find EVERYTHING..
That's actually not a fact. That's an opinion - your opinion. An irrelevant opinion, because I'm not going searching for some phantom article, if he's too lazy to provide a link. I think it's pretty generous on my part to even read the article, if he had posted it.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
sounds like you're aggresively taking your issue out with the wrong person.. I was only trying to help you as it seemed you were having major problems..
If a person states they are too lazy, it's usually best to just leave it at that. Enjoy your intraweb forum victory...
If the topic is still driving you crazy and you really want the answer, the logical next step is to look it up yourself.. using a search tool like Google, which does have everything on it, it just requires certain skillz to use...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies